View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Board Administrator

Shania, still the one

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ll-the-One.html

"....I just knew that when I listened to Twain, I felt something. She sang songs people could relate to. She sang songs that broke your heart, made you laugh and set you free. She sang songs you remembered.

It's been a few years since Shania Twain has been in the spotlight. After her marriage to producer Robert "Mutt" Lange dissolved in 2008, Twain took some time away from the glaring lights of the music industry to just be and find her voice again, which she says she "lost" during those difficult and life-changing years.

But Twain's a fighter. She's been my inspiration to keep going, to find the mute button to the negative voices that always seem to be blabbering around and to find my inner voice as well.

Perhaps what I love most about Twain isn't the fact that she still holds the record for her "Come On Over" album, being the best-selling album of all time by any female musician in any genre and best-selling country album of all time, selling more than 40 million copies worldwide, or that she's virtually untouchable as a stage performer, or even that she's about to premiere her OWN show called "Why Not? With Shania Twain" this Sunday, talking about her incredible success, heartache and journey of self-discovery.

What I love most about Twain is that she's real. I'm a fan for life, and I can't wait to be one of the most avid ones who welcome her back to country music and declares, "You're Still the One!"

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain