View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Birthday Beat: Shania Twain

Happy Birthday wishes go out to the talented and beautiful Shania Twain who celebrates a birthday on Saturday. Though it has been a few years since we have heard new music from the Canadian songstress, every now and then she will make an appearance that will leave us buzzing, such as American Idol this past spring or her appearance on the CMA Awards in November 2008.

It’s hard to believe, but it’s been 15 years since the Canadian beauty started placing hits in the country top ten. “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under” was her first, followed by the sultry “Any Man Of Mine.” There may have been a more sexier single and video in country music history than “Any Man Of Mine,” but you would be hard pressed to find one. The song and sensual video were immediate hits, giving her a number one hit, produced by then-husband Robert “Mutt” Lange.

Since that hit, the pair have given the music world some great moments, and I would be amiss if I didn’t say she has also created some memorable videos, as well. Whether it be the romantic vibe of “The Woman In Me” and “From This Moment On” to the dominatrix-inspired get-up of “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” to the sci-fi look of “Gonna Getcha Good,” Twain has set the imagination of many fans on fire over the years!

What does the future hold for Twain on a musical level? Every now and then, a report will surface that she is working on material for a new album. Even this week, Jason Owen, who has handled her press for years at Universal, has opened up his own company—with Twain as his first client. That could be a sign that her first new album in eight years is just around the corner. The music might have a little different sound, as she and Lange have since divorced. When that material hits the airwaves is anyone’s guess, but a look at history proves that you shouldn’t bet against her. As the title of one of her singles says, “I Ain’t No Quitter.”

http://blog.limewire.com/posts/4830...t-shania-twain/