View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Board Administrator

Country music superstar Shania Twain begins a two-year engagement Dec. 1 inside the Colosseum at Las Vegas’ Caesars Palace, the venue that was purpose-built for Celine Dion.

Twain can boast having an album that has sold far more copies than her fellow Canadian’s bestseller. At 19 million copies, Twain’s “Come on Over” ranks eighth among the bestselling albums in the U.S., according to the Record Industry Assn. of America.

She’s a five-time Grammy Award winner who has had 18 top 10 songs, including eight that reached No. 1.

One of her biggest hits explains the title of the new production: “Still the One.” Twain, who is billed as the show creator and executive producer, says her most-familiar songs are the foundation for the Colosseum concert.

“I wanted to keep the hits at the heart of it all while weaving elements of surprise throughout the experience, “ she said in a news release. “My vision is to bring the atmosphere of each song alive through multi-dimension sensory and share the journey of my life and career with the audience from a unique perspective.”

Twain gets top billing, of course, but she has a talented team working behind the scenes. For example, production designer Michael Cotten designed the “History” tour for Michael Jackson in 1997. He was working on “This Is It,” Jackson’s planned return to the stage, at the time of the megastar’s death. In Sin City, Cotten lent his talents to the “Sirens of TI” show outside Treasure Island and to Gloria Estefan’s “Live and Unwrapped,” also at Caesars Palace.

Twain will share concert dates at the Colosseum stage with Dion, Rod Stewart and others during her engagement, which begins with performances on Dec. 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, and 15.

Tickets cost $55 to $250 and are available in person at the Colosseum box office; by phone at (800) 745-3000, and online at her website and at the Colosseum's

http://www.latimes.com/travel/desti...1,3508435.story

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain