View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Board Administrator

More quotes........

as for the purist naysayers, twain sneers playfully: "as if i care ...
"look, i know i push the country music envelope, but so have most of the country artists i love — dolly parton, waylon jennings, willie nelson. the purists didn't like them at first either. i'm not a purist. i'm just trying to find a place where my music fits.
"and when you get down to it, i'm as country as it gets. i know traditional country artists better than most of the country singers who put me down.
"you'll never hear any of these new guys singing politically incorrect songs like `take this job and shove it!' like johnny paycheck did in the 1970s, or women singing about abortion, like dolly did.
"those songs were their identities. i lived and breathed those songs. i'm the real deal.
"i'm no cowgirl. ... hell, i'm a bush girl, and that's much tougher!" as she chuckles.

----

"Forty is just another birthday. It doesn't make any difference you change physically, but I'm happy to do that."

----

"I don't fit anywhere, I fit with you guys.''- Shania Twain on her fans

---

"We live in a very remote area, we live out in the wilderness, we live out on the lake. We've got dogs and horses. Real things that I like to go back to, y'know, because my dogs don't care where I am on the charts."

---

"I met Mutt at fan fair, Mutt is a big fan of country music. When I first went to his house to write with him, he had the biggest country music collection I'd ever seen."

---

"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."
-Shania Twain

---

"i mean i'll never not be country, how can you not ," shania asks. "how can you be something and then not be it any more? i mean i just don't understand that. country is so deep in my roots and such a huge part of my youth, my most impressionable years, that it's just not going anywhere and i think even for people who listen to me in pop and all that sort of thing, the style of the way i write, which is very conversational lyrics, very real lifestyle lyrics, comes from my country roots.

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain