View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to RandyGK
American Idol Welcomes Mentor Shania Twain
April 27, 2010 11:00:45 by Nancy Floyd

This week on American Idol, the top six contestants will be mentored by country superstar, Shania Twain, and will be tackling songs from her repertoire. The Idol hopefuls, who have been spending the last several days working with Twain, have nothing but kind things to say about the country crooner. Keep reading for more details on what the Top Six thinks about Shania…

Shania Twain may have been out of the spotlight for awhile, but her country hits stand the test of time. Tonight on American Idol, the top six contestants will be mentored by the country star as they each try to put their own unique spin on one of her songs. The singers must choose from a list of 50 approved Twain tracks, now available in the Shania Twain Songbook on iTunes.

The American Idol hopefuls have been working with Twain for the past several days to prepare for tonight’s performance and the country superstar has made quite an impression on the aspiring singers. “She literally glows in person,” Siobhan Magnus says, “and she’s very real and honest and said things we all need to hear.” Lee Dewyze adds, “I just had a good time. She is a down-to-earth person, really cool, the kind of person I could hang out with.” Aaron Kelly agrees, saying, “It was a huge honor to get to meet her because I’m a huge country fan.”

Michael Lynche was nervous about performing one of Shania Twain’s songs in front of her. “You don’t want to flub, not even a word,” he says. “Out of respect you want to be perfect.” Crystal Bowersox, on the other hand, felt nostalgic performing Twain’s music. “I remember being 12 years old and getting her CD and rocking out,” Bowersox says.

The top six will perform songs by Twain (who also appeared as a guest judge earlier this season) on tonight’s episode of American Idol.