View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Okay, I haven't had time to log on here and say anything until now. We are going to see Avatar in about an hour. so, here goes.

First of all, some really great vid shots! THANKS!! I don't usually watch a lot of the pre-lims for AI. My son thinks it's the best part. He likes to see the weirdos who can't sing, as he says. But, I did watch the whole thing on Tuesday night. Now I had watched the two-hour premiere with Victoria Beckam and it was esxtremely boring. She didn't say hardly anything except to run down Simon. Then the next one with Mary Blige. I thought she was ridiculous. She was rude. So, on Tuesday, I was hoping for Shania to not be boring, and to not be rude. Well, she was neither. She was "GREAT"!!! I know she would never do it because she would have to tie herself down to it, but she would make the perfect judge for this show. I couldn't believe how open and relaxed she was. Plus she gave good comments without hesitation. When they were good, she told they were good. When they were bad, she told them they were bad, but she didn't make fun of them or belittle them or get their hopes up. She just told it like it was. I've got nothing against Ellen. I think she is really a great comedian and all that, but I wonder how she will do on the show. She has no background like Shania has for such an endeaver. That said though, I want to make it clear that I hope Shania "will" give her fans some great new music to get us back on a muslcal high note. I'm hopeful she will eventually, maybe this year, who knows? At any rate being an AI guest judge is another cool thing for repitore, but time to move on. One final note. She is the best guest judge so far by leaps and bounds, and proabably the best one overall. Shania...anywhere you go and anything you do when you go there, girl....

Steve