View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:52 AM

Tom
Thank you for that! That is an amazing valid response to this fellows attempt to make less of what Shania does for her fans. I think these folks just don't understand what a "fan" wants. If we all wanted perfect music hit after hit we would sit at home and listen to CDs. We want to interact with the artist. We want to "get to know" them in something that resembles a personal way. We want to validate the crazy attraction that we have for the artist and their work with a personal experience that the artist is real and human and perhaps even imperfect like the rest of us. The touching Shania does, both the physical (high fives etc) and the emotional (personal interactions with fans, her interaction with the band, and even her own tears) is so important to her fans. I'm sure the folks not on the floor area are less taken by it all but I'm very sure they are taken and leave the show somehow happier for it. I'm sad the tour is coming to an end because what she does is part of the good force of this world. I do think she's given enough love to us and recieved enough from us to carry all of us-Shania too-till the next tour. DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST