Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 09-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Buffalo Concert Photo!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../170/5fo1o.html

Tue Sep 30,11:17 PM ET

Shania Twain (news) performs at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York on September 30, 2003. Twain and her band are currently on the first leg of a North American Tour in support of her latest album, 'Up'. REUTERS/Gary Wiepert

It looks like a different pair of jeans this time!
So far, 2 out of 2, Shania went with the football team...so this means New England Patriots for me...
Old 09-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Board Administrator

Yea beat me!! I was just about to post it..lol The jeans look like the ones from her pre-tour photos.

Jets or Giants for me. She better stay away from the Jets, and go with baseball. Jets got booed off the field last week.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 09-30-2003 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Board Administrator

Found this review on the CMT BOARD...........

OMG you guys- I thought the last concert was great- she surpassed herself this time!!!!!!! She came out in a Let's bo Buffalo shirt to be given to the the winner of the shirt of shanias back contest but she wore it for a long time and another band member had a Buffalo Sabres shirt on too. The song list was the same but she sang The woman in me in the audience- in my section about 100 feet away. It was so cool!! I had great seats- second row from the floor. I was worried because we were kind of at the end of the aud but she played a lot to our side and when she was singing in a chair it spun around and she really moved around a lot!!!!!! She was so great with the fans- she brought a little girl on stage who at first was shy but then she sang part of Nah with her- it was so cute! She also sang Happy Birthday to an older lady- she was just thrilled to death- she said you are my present. She went to her section because they had Shania letters and it was funny because when she got back to them and they put their letters back up they had trouble getting them straight!! She looked so beautiful- especially when whe sang from this moment- she had on a long black skirt with a gray sparkly shirt with a red shirt underneath. I think she had different outfits this time. No purple fuzzy bra. She was phenomial!!!!
What a way to wanna be is not one of my favs but it sounded great in concert and Thank you baby is one I really like and it was truely awesome in concert!!! It was such a great mix of songs! And when they had area drummers in if your not in it for love it sounded so great too!!!!! All in all my husband and I had a spectacular time!! We just had one problem- not with Shania- a fan. A lot of the time the people in our section sat for a lot of the concert but I wanted to really get into it!!! A person behind us kept telling us to sit down!! So we kind of got a little crazy and a little obnoxious!!! I don't mean to sound mean but I was not there to just sit there!!!! Needless to say we are both hoarse!!!! LOL!!! Part of me just wanted to be like at home and let myself go and let loose!!! We did- I guess I just expected more people would have been like me. But you have to take into consideration there was people of all ages there. No she did not sing Jealous- though I wish she had. Any questions- feel free!!!!
http://www.cmt.com/comm/board/81/23....jhtml?offset=0

Old 09-30-2003, 11:17 PM

Buffalo Sabres Shirt - NHL Team

Sorry guys but that shirt is the NHL's Buffalo Sabres Hockey Team logo - so 1 football and 1 hockey so far - afterall she's a hockey fan. BTW, there was an interesting article in the one of the Canadian newspspers last week entitled She May feel Like a Women But She Skates like a Man! Seems she bought all her band members complete hockey outfits and when she took to the ice before the Hamilton Concert the Arena operators were impressed with her skating ability saying she can really skate - even little Eja was skating with his mom - is there anything she can't do? Eja - the next Wayne Gretzy! The article is also in the Forums

Last edited by Knight1 : 09-30-2003 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:18 PM

That wasn't a Buffalo Bills shirt. (James Otto had that one on). Shania, hockey fan that she is, was wearing a Buffalo Sabres shirt. She joked that she always gets criticized for her fashion sense, but she just KNEW, that the Sabres shirt was the right thing to wear in Buffalo! Thanks to the Fan Club, I had a front row seat, and got a wonderful autograph. She was just awesome. Her voice was so strong. "When You Kiss Me" and "From This Moment On" were standouts, but she absolutely KILLED with "The Woman in Me". What power. Everyone was cheering. The place was about 90% full. Not everyone seemed to be familiar with the UP! songs, but once she hit "Don't Be Stupid", the place got rolling. The band was great too. Randall had been an exchange student not far from here; and he talked about seeing Sabres games in the place where they were now playing. Crowd loved it. All in all, just a wonderful night in Buffalo!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Board Administrator

Re: Buffalo Sabres Shirt - NHL Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight1
Sorry guys but that shirt is the NHL's Buffalo Sabres Hockey Team logo - so 1 football anf 1 hockey so far - afterall she's a hockey fan. BTW, there was an interesting article in the one of tha Canadian newspspers last week entitled She May feel Like a Women But She Skates like a Man! Seems she bought all her band members complete hockey outfits and when she took to the ice before the Hamiltion Concert the Arena operators were impressed with her skating ability saying she can really skate - even little Eja was skating with his mom - is there anything she can't do? Eja - the next Wayne Gretzy! The article is also in the Forums

Someone posted it here somewhere. I rmember reading it. Even one of the band members had one of their kids there too.

-Chris

Old 09-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
That wasn't a Buffalo Bills shirt. (James Otto had that one on). Shania, hockey fan that she is, was wearing a Buffalo Sabres shirt. She joked that she always gets criticized for her fashion sense, but she just KNEW, that the Sabres shirt was the right thing to wear in Buffalo! Thanks to the Fan Club, I had a front row seat, and got a wonderful autograph. She was just awesome. Her voice was so strong. "When You Kiss Me" and "From This Moment On" were standouts, but she absolutely KILLED with "The Woman in Me". What power. Everyone was cheering. The place was about 90% full. Not everyone seemed to be familiar with the UP! songs, but once she hit "Don't Be Stupid", the place got rolling. The band was great too. Randall had been an exchange student not far from here; and he talked about seeing Sabres games in the place where they were now playing. Crowd loved it. All in all, just a wonderful night in Buffalo!

Seems FTMO is a stand out at the show, I can't wait to see it.

-Chris

Old 09-30-2003, 11:21 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Found this review on the CMT BOARD...........

OMG you guys- I thought the last concert was great- she surpassed herself this time!!!!!!! She came out in a Let's bo Buffalo shirt to be given to the the winner of the shirt of shanias back contest but she wore it for a long time and another band member had a Buffalo Sabres shirt on too. The song list was the same but she sang The woman in me in the audience- in my section about 100 feet away. It was so cool!! I had great seats- second row from the floor. I was worried because we were kind of at the end of the aud but she played a lot to our side and when she was singing in a chair it spun around and she really moved around a lot!!!!!! She was so great with the fans- she brought a little girl on stage who at first was shy but then she sang part of Nah with her- it was so cute! She also sang Happy Birthday to an older lady- she was just thrilled to death- she said you are my present. She went to her section because they had Shania letters and it was funny because when she got back to them and they put their letters back up they had trouble getting them straight!! She looked so beautiful- especially when whe sang from this moment- she had on a long black skirt with a gray sparkly shirt with a red shirt underneath. I think she had different outfits this time. No purple fuzzy bra. She was phenomial!!!!
What a way to wanna be is not one of my favs but it sounded great in concert and Thank you baby is one I really like and it was truely awesome in concert!!! It was such a great mix of songs! And when they had area drummers in if your not in it for love it sounded so great too!!!!! All in all my husband and I had a spectacular time!! We just had one problem- not with Shania- a fan. A lot of the time the people in our section sat for a lot of the concert but I wanted to really get into it!!! A person behind us kept telling us to sit down!! So we kind of got a little crazy and a little obnoxious!!! I don't mean to sound mean but I was not there to just sit there!!!! Needless to say we are both hoarse!!!! LOL!!! Part of me just wanted to be like at home and let myself go and let loose!!! We did- I guess I just expected more people would have been like me. But you have to take into consideration there was people of all ages there. No she did not sing Jealous- though I wish she had. Any questions- feel free!!!!
http://www.cmt.com/comm/board/81/23....jhtml?offset=0

That's good to hear that you had such a good time!!
Omg new outfits already?!??! aww did you get any pics!??!

people were telling you to sit down!??! yeah ok what were they thinking!? how rude, it's a concert! man! heehe yay for your craziness and obnoxiousness!! whohoo!!
BTW those are the cutest pants ever that she has one;...they are the ones from the pre-tour pics i think..i am so obsessed with those pants, i want them:cool:
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee
That's good to hear that you had such a good time!!
Omg new outfits already?!??! aww did you get any pics!??!

people were telling you to sit down!??! yeah ok what were they thinking!? how rude, it's a concert! man! heehe yay for your craziness and obnoxiousness!! whohoo!!
BTW those are the cutest pants ever that she has one;...they are the ones from the pre-tour pics i think..i am so obsessed with those pants, i want them:cool:

I asked the person on the CMT board to post here. Hopefully they will come on over and give more details.

-Chris

Old 10-01-2003, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
I bet each concert she does get progressively better than the last. I can wait to see her again this coming Saturday. Oh yeah !!!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:51 AM
Board Administrator

Shania struts as 18,000 roar

By Jeff Spevak
Staff Music Critic

(October 1, 2003) — Shania Twain is the greatest entertainer of the century. Of course, we’re not quite three years into this thing, so let’s see how the remaining 97 play out.

Tuesday night at Buffalo’s HSBC Arena, Twain knew how to quickly get on the side of the crowd of 18,000, strolling up to the center of the stage-in-the-round wearing a T-shirt decorated with the Sabres’ Buffalo head. Or maybe the crowd was cheering her tight blue jeans as she opened with “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”

The 38-year-old Twain is a dazzling, clean-cut beauty, which she used to its fullest effect in the videos that rocketed her to stardom. Twain was the first country performer to take video to the hip-hop/David Lee Roth level of cartoon sexuality. The crowd roared with approval when she announced that her T-shirt from the show had been auctioned off, with the proceeds going to charity and the sweaty shirt to the high bidder.

Twain relates well to her audience, frequently signing autographs and accepting flowers from fans approaching the stage. She crawled into the crowd to serenade a fan with “Happy Birthday.” Under cover of a comedy drum solo, she and her guitarist crept unnoticed into the 100-level seats and sat for an acoustic “The Woman in Me.”

Early in the show, she brought onstage a little cow gal who appeared to be about 5 years old. After some coaxing, Twain got her to sing a little of “Nah.”

Midway through the show, Twain shed her Sabres shirt in favor of a black, ankle-length dress that looked as though it had been clawed to shreds at the bottom by a cat and a brief top that did little to protect the tender eyes of her audience from her blazing-crimson bra as the New Age opening of “From This Moment On” swelled to a monumental pop crescendo. Twain strapped on an acoustic guitar for “No One Needs to Know Right Now,” but I’ll guarantee she didn’t break a fingernail while playing it.

Other fan faves visited during the two-hour show included “That Don’t Impress Me Much!” “I’m Gonna Getcha Good,” “If You’re Not Looking For Love (I’m Outta Here)” and “Rock This Country.”

“When,” “You Win My Love,” “Come On Over” and “I’m Holdin’ On To Love (To Save My Life)” were plastered together into one fat medley.

Is it country? No, the closest she came was the two-step beat of “Honey, I’m Home” and the whining steel guitar of “Forever and For Always.” “C’est La Vie,” from her most-recent release, Up!, crawls dangerously close to the territory of fellow countrywoman — or in this case, non-countrywoman — Celine Dion. Where catgut fiddles would have once ruled, orchestral violins swelled on “Thank You Baby.”

Twain was accompanied by the punkiest, mousse-haired country band you’ll ever see, a multi-ethnic group that’s the rival of any PC-conscious, reality-show cast. And her oval, multi-level stage, with six video screens as a monument to her video successes, shimmered in jewel-tone lights, like a bauble being pedaled on Home Shopping Network. Country show stage sets haven’t used hay bales for years, now; they’re a fire hazard for the pyrotechnics.

JSPEVAK@DemocratandChronicle.com

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/news/...ew01_news.shtml

--------------------------------------------

The legend continues

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 10-01-2003 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Seems FTMO is a stand out at the show, I can't wait to see it.

-Chris

IMO the WIM is so unique with the presentaiton I think it's the best - just Shania and a guitar...BEAUTIFUL version
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by sas
IMO the WIM is so unique with the presentaiton I think it's the best - just Shania and a guitar...BEAUTIFUL version

I hope she realizes we would love an accoustic album.

-Chris

Old 10-01-2003, 07:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by cbspock

By Jeff Spevak
Staff Music Critic

(October 1, 2003) ? Shania Twain is the greatest entertainer of the century. Of course, we?re not quite three years into this thing, so let?s see how the remaining 97 play out.

Tuesday night at Buffalo?s HSBC Arena, Twain knew how to quickly get on the side of the crowd of 18,000......

And her oval, multi-level stage, with six video screens as a monument to her video successes, shimmered in jewel-tone lights, like a bauble being pedaled on Home Shopping Network. Country show stage sets haven?t used hay bales for years, now; they?re a fire hazard for the pyrotechnics.

JSPEVAK@DemocratandChronicle.com

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/news/...ew01_news.shtml

--------------------------------------------

The legend continues

-Chris [/B]

In Pittsburgh there were EIGHT video screens
Old 10-01-2003, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
In Pittsburgh there were EIGHT video screens

Maybe someone in the audience brought a couple home as a souvenir of the concert..LOL!