Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-10-2003, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bmac Send a message via AIM to bmac
Who else is going to Philly show?

I know that byrdman and his lovely wife will be there. Is anybody else going to Philly tonight? Tricia & me are so excited!!!! Seeing Shania twice in one week is just too much!!!!! LOL!!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:00 PM

Newbie here but I am also going to Philly tonight. Matter of fact after I click SUBMIT I am walking out the door!! I am so psyched!! After reading all the reviews posted from the other shows I know it will be awesome!! SHANIA WILL BE ROCKING SOUTH PHILLY TONIGHT!!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:22 PM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by STfan4ever
Newbie here but I am also going to Philly tonight. Matter of fact after I click SUBMIT I am walking out the door!! I am so psyched!! After reading all the reviews posted from the other shows I know it will be awesome!! SHANIA WILL BE ROCKING SOUTH PHILLY TONIGHT!!!!

Welcome to the Boards STfan4ever, as I post this you will be getting ready to go inside the venue.

Have the best time ever! Yes Shania live is that good, and I do hope you get close and possibly get a high five or an autograph. You will get hyper during the concert and for days afterwards will think of nothing else.

You will bore all your friends talking about it for hours on end and after a few days get withdrawel symptoms that will require you to travel to the next venue for a second 'fix'

As an official "Level 2" Shania fan you will be fixated by thoughts of achieving "Level 3" Close up and personal.... This will pass with time, but the urge to attend a second live concert will NEVER leave you.

Like the rest you will exist from one concert to the next in a Shania La La land where you have to mix, meet and greet fellow addicts, as no one else understands the urge to talk, read, sing, listen, view Shania subjects all day, every day.

Like us you will have this urge to spread the Word, taking comfort in numbers knowing if you can get your next door addicted then perhaps you are OK really.

Welcome to ShaniaLand... enjoy.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:14 PM

Just back from the Philadelphia show!!! She was even better than she was the other night in New Jersey!!! I'm so tired, so I'll wait until morning to give my full report. Shania rocked Philly!!!! Woohoo!!!!

It was great seeing you Alan (Byrdman) and Arlene!!! Please post the pic that we took. I would but my puter is not cooperating.)

Last edited by bmac : 10-10-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bmac
Just back from the Philadelphia show!!! She was even better than she was the other night in New Jersey!!! I'm so tired, so I'll wait until morning to give my full report. Shania rocked Philly!!!! Woohoo!!!!

It was great seeing you Alan (Byrdman) and Arlene!!! Please post the pic that we took. I would but my puter is not cooperating.)

COOL!!! Can't wait to read the review!! I am so psyched for Sunday!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-11-2003, 07:40 AM

Shania rocked South Philadelphia last night! She and Eja are fighting off colds she said, but she seemed to even more energy than she Wed night in NJ. The set list was identical to the NJ show with one exception: she sang Happy Birthday to a little nine year old girl named Allison. Lucky girl!!!

Shania wore a Philadelphia Flyers jersey to open the show. She told a couple of funny stories that related to the jersey. First, the Flyers had given her her own Flyers jersey back in 1999 when she sang the National Anthems of the US and Canada before a Flyers/Maple Leafs game in Philly. The jersey has "TWAIN" on the back and a big number "1" on it. The funny thing is that it's too big for her to wear or she would have worn it last night. The other story happened when she was a child in Timmins. She and her sister were foraging in a dump near their home for salvagable items when they found a perfectly good Flyers jersey in a bag of clothes. They kept the jersey and she wore it around the house for many years.

Next change had Shania in the yellow spaghetti strap shirt that she wore in NJ the other night, except this time she wore a pink shirt underneath that covered up her bare midriff. It was pretty cold in the Center last night, so maybe that's why the second shirt. Just a guess.

Last change put Shania in a Donovan McNabb/Philadelphia Eagles midnight green jersey! Go Eagles! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!! Anyway, I digress.

Most of the crowd was on their feet for the entire show. The Wachovia Center was rocking! The acoustics were much better than they were in the Continental Airlines Arena on Wed night. Shania and the band sounded so much better.

Having learned that Shania sings TWIM while sitting in the audience at the last show, Tricia and I tried our darndest to locate any markings that would indicate where Shania would be singing this time. We couldn't find anything to give her location away. Wed night two seats were clearly marked but we didn't know why. Something to look for when you go to see Shania.

YSTO was the first song of the encore. I listened more closely tonight Chris. LOL!

A couple of songs from Up! really rocked the house: In My Car, What A Way To Wanna Be, were exceptional!!! Great energy, phenomenal rhythms. Everybody in the house was dancing. Awesome! (All of the songs rocked, I just thought those two were the best.)

Must have been those great Philly Cheesesteaks! This was the best of the five Shania shows I've seen.

Last edited by bmac : 10-11-2003 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:41 AM

OK Time to wake up and post on the Philly concert!!!!! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 10-11-2003, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
OK Time to wake up and post on the Philly concert!!!!! DOC

There you go DOC!!! Hot off the presses!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:50 AM

Whole day (here its afternoon already) waited someone has the straight to put UP! a review!
Thanks! So happy for all of you having such agreat time!
Don't stop now with the stories!
Old 10-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bmac
Shania rocked South Philadelphia last night! She and Eja are fighting off colds she said, but she seemed to even more energy than she Wed night in NJ. The set list was identical to the NJ show with one exception: she sang Happy Birthday to a little nine year old girl named Allison. Lucky girl!!!

Shania wore a Philadelphia Flyers jersey to open the show. She told a couple of funny stories that related to the jersey. First, the Flyers had given her her own Flyers jersey back in 1999 when she sang the National Anthems of the US and Canada before a Flyers/Maple Leafs game in Philly. The jersey has "TWAIN" on the back and a big number "1" on it. The funny thing is that it's too big for her to wear or she would have worn it last night. The other story happened when she was a child in Timmins. She and her sister were foraging in a dump near their home for salvagable items when they found a perfectly good Flyers jersey in a bag of clothes. They kept the jersey and she wore it around the house for many years.

Next change had Shania in the yellow spaghetti strap shirt that she wore in NJ the other night, except this time she wore a pink shirt underneath that covered up her bare midriff. It was pretty cold in the Center last night, so maybe that's why the second shirt. Just a guess.

Last change put Shania in a Donovan McNabb/Philadelphia Eagles midnight green jersey! Go Eagles! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!! Anyway, I digress.

Most of the crowd was on their feet for the entire show. The Wachovia Center was rocking! The acoustics were much better than they were in the Continental Airlines Arena on Wed night. Shania and the band sounded so much better.

Having learned that Shania sings TWIM while sitting in the audience at the last show, Tricia and I tried our darndest to locate any markings that would indicate where Shania would be singing this time. We couldn't find anything to give her location away. Wed night two seats were clearly marked but we didn't know why. Something to look for when you go to see Shania.

YSTO was the first song of the encore. I listened more closely tonight Chris. LOL!

A couple of songs from Up! really rocked the house: In My Car, What A Way To Wanna Be, were exceptional!!! Great energy, phenomenal rhythms. Everybody in the house was dancing. Awesome! (All of the songs rocked, I just thought those two were the best.)

Must have been those great Philly Cheesesteaks! This was the best of the five Shania shows I've seen.

I loved "In My Car" in NJ, and in Chicago. The other rockin' song was "You Win My Love", wish it was not part of a medley.
Is it SUNDAY YET???????

-Chris

Old 10-11-2003, 10:03 AM
cross-stitching nut

Thanks bmac for the terrific review!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 10-11-2003, 10:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Thanks for the Philly report. I can hardly stand it that the Chicago show isn't until the 22nd. (and a week after that for Milwaukee) Oh yeah!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Administrator

It sounds like the show gets better and better every time!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the review!
Old 10-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Board Administrator

Is it Sunday yet?????

-Chris

Old 10-11-2003, 08:57 PM

Here's a couple pics of Shania in the Donovan McNabb/Philadelphia Eagles jersey that a fellow-concert-goer took. I hope that Byrdman has some to post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg philly_1.jpg (43.8 KB, 464 views)
Post New Thread Reply