Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Newcastle Concert: reviews and photos

GREAT concert! I am proud to say I was the one tonight who started the autograph mania..LOL! I asked the first autograph of the night during SNJAPF, after that everything broke lose..lol..veryone was there for an autograph, there were groups of 30 people all at once at the stage..but Shania just loved it!

She started the concert wearing the same black pants she had in Paris, plus a sleevess pink top and a light blue under top..
Shania really knows how to use those blowing air machines during the show..perfect effect!
Same setlist..first one on stage the winner of the raffle to benefit Rainbow Trust a children charity...Derrick from Washington..Shania dedicated FAFA to him and his wife..
Second fan on stage a girl Zoe who gave Shania a not about dancing with her..instead Shania made her sing..Zoe chose AMOM..and she sang well..almost 60% of the song..
The arena is the smallest one I have ever seen Shania sing in myself..it is much wider than the ones I have been in in the US, but also less high..this was the first time I saw 15 rows on each side of the long side of the oval...only one first tier...
Vocally speaking Shania was 95% perfect! She was off key for about 4 secs a tthe beginning of UP! and FAFA....but for the rest she was GREAT! She gave the BEST LIVE performance of Ka Ching! I have have heard since the beginning of the album..
At the end of WYKM she was taken emotionally by all the fans who were there ..and she took a couple extra secs ..
Second outfit: a white and light green tshirt..
Third outfit: Newcastle football club jersey!!! Vertical black stripes on white background..
She did not talk as much as I heard her doing before..but she was communicating with the fans for sure..

TBC..+
Old 02-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Board Administrator

At the end of WYKM she was taken emotionally by all the fans who were there ..and she took a couple extra secs ..

Where the fans singing really loud to the song???? She seems to be taken aback when that happens She really loves the fan response.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Part 2

Same merchandise as announced before..the thing I noticed though is that the baseball and hockey jerseys are more expensive in Europe than they are in North America considering the exchange rate and the price of the ticket...I mean in the US the jersey was $85 which is not 65 at the moment..also the ticket in UK was $48.50 plus fees...comapred to the 65 of the jersey..whereas in the US the ticket was $85 as much as the jersey...
The tour program is FANTASTIC! printed on the best high quality paper I have ever seen...with photos also from the US concerts...many from NYC ...it sells for 12 which I find very reasonable personally..

Outside the arena they handed out an ad: on one side it promotes the Live from Chicago DVD..nothing new..but on the other side there is a cool promotion:

"Have your picture on an exclusive Shania Twain Poster!
The new Shania Twain single "SNJAPF" is relased on March 29th and will feature a poster of Shania's face made up of the first 1,000 fans who send in a j-peg or scanned photograph of themselves to: shaniatwain@production-response.co.uk !

No problem taking pics during the concerts.. although it became more difficult to get close to the stage during the last part of it..
the crowd was not that active at the beginning..but by the end it was much better....

When Shania was introducing the band members, she said that they were missing their loved ones especially today..so Marc and Alison started faking to make out..LOL!
What else..Shania dedicated SNJAPF to all women because it was Valentine's day...hummm....I think that's it for now..
Old 02-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Board Administrator

COOL REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many more concerts to go FV on this trip????

-Chris

Old 02-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

Where the fans singing really loud to the song???? She seems to be taken aback when that happens She really loves the fan response.

I think that's part of it...the rest is that she was signing autographs like crazy! LOL!

One more thing: During the first 20 minutes she gave the big thumb to one of the audio techs because she wanted a higher volume..I think on her mike..
IOH now does not have any extra drummers as far as I see it from tonight.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:49 PM

LMAO @ Marc and Alison! Tthanx for the review FV
Old 02-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
LMAO @ Marc and Alison! Tthanx for the review FV

Yeah!! :LMAO

Good thing it wasn't Marc and Shania. Imagine the rumors..lol

-Chris

Old 02-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Come on England!

Wow fast review! Thanks FV!!!

She was brave to wear a Newcastle shirt - there are a few rivals in the North East, Sunderland and Middlesbrough....

I sure hope she doesn't do it at Manchester...... That would not be advusable, if you're watching Shania!!! Still Mutt knows his football so she should be OK!!!

No proposals tonight?

Paul
Old 02-14-2004, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the great review, FV! I wish I was you, but I'm glad you're having fun! This lady I work with is going to see Shania in Green Bay, WI with her daughter, so she is going to get me that tour program! I can't wait to see it!!
Old 02-14-2004, 08:05 PM
cross-stitching nut

Thanks for the GREAT review FV. Sure wish I was with you!!!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 02-15-2004, 04:19 AM
Reg.visitor of Shanialand

Send a message via ICQ to Shaniaolivia Send a message via AIM to Shaniaolivia Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniaolivia
Can't wait till March 4th!! and 5th an 30th
Old 02-15-2004, 05:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Great recap FV - i was there too and thought that the crowd was by far more docile than at sheffield. me and my friend were pretty much the only two standing up - i couldnt believe that people were just sitting there and not even singing or clapping !!!

I managed to ger JD's autograph whilst Shania was singing TWIM as that was over the other side of the arena from where i was sitting and so couldnt see her that well.

My personal view is that the whole performance in Newcastle (including most of the crowd) was better than Sheffield as it took quite a while for them to warm up there.

I have only seen Shania once before at Hyde Park and when i say saw her i mean on the screens as was that far back she was only 2 inches tall !!!!!! And at both Sheffield and Newcastle was only 6 rows back - I still cant believe it all happened, she was absolutely fantstic and looked very relaxed and into the show.

I am off to Wembley tomorrow and Tuesday and cant wait

I will be posting my pictures at team shania in a day or so
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 02-15-2004, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Same merchandise as announced before..the thing I noticed though is that the baseball and hockey jerseys are more expensive in Europe than they are in North America considering the exchange rate and the price of the ticket...I mean in the US the jersey was $85 which is not 65 at the moment..also the ticket in UK was $48.50 plus fees...comapred to the 65 of the jersey..whereas in the US the ticket was $85 as much as the jersey...
Yes, the hockey and baseball jerseys were 100 Euros in Paris, Ticket prices in Euros are between 40 and 80 Euros changing from country to another.

The tour book was 20 Euros in Paris.

Thanks for the review! I still haven't seen a pic of the Newcastle United shirt, but I'm sure if I'm patient...
Old 02-15-2004, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chicker

My personal view is that the whole performance in Newcastle (including most of the crowd) was better than Sheffield as it took quite a while for them to warm up there.
My friends who were in Newcastle, said that it was better than the Paris concert they also attended on this trip of theirs.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:50 AM

Thanks FV for all the Shania Concert reviews at Newcastle...

Benjamin