Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-17-2004, 07:08 PM

London Feb 17.......

OK, here we are again :

The soundcheck this afternoon was ............ only kidding !!

Sorry folks - just had to do it

Right, firstly, I'm really sorry I failed you guys, but my camera got consfiscated today So....... for the second time in my life, I went to a Shania concert and did not take any pics. It was certainly very different for me, but I do not regret it as I was able to be totally relaxed and enjoy the show.

Shania wore Paris's outfit (Billboard awards "lip" top) in the first section, then she had the blue Body Glove top, followed by a England shirt as per usual (but I do not know which one since I'm not a sports fan).

She was lacking in people to call upstage (coz most people were lame and just sat thru the concert !!). Marco and I were cheering for her to call up FV and Sarah - both of whom were stood up all the time in a block where everyone else was seated down !!

But Shania called up a little 4-year old girl called "Shania" !!!! Little Shania said she could sing but didn't know any tunes. To which Big Shania gave her back to her dad. Big Shania then said that she was glad Little Shania was 4 years old because if she had been 10, Big Shania would have been worried........ but then she retracted her statement and said "yes" she did know a few "old" Shania's.

She also said that some people might think that the little girl thing was arranged but it genuinely was not.

Speaking of "staging"......... in the Evening Standard today (London newspaper), the reporter said that choosing Marco and I was also staged ! What cheek ! I'm going to write to them anyway because of the horrible review they gave to Monday night's concert. Please see London 16 thread for further details.....

Shania did not sing SNJAPF, which I thought was strange seeing as how it is the new single due out Mar 29.

The band was amazing again, entertaining us with their playing and acting. During COO, Roddy gave me 2 of his "hand-held shaking things" (sorry..... don't know what they're called !!)....... and I shook them

After the concert, I got my poor lonely camera back. We took pictures with FV and we're gonna miss her when she goes back to the States next week ......... Thanks FV for meeting up with us and having fun. You're truly a nice person

That's all folks, and once again, apologies for the lack of photos this time round.

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--

Last edited by Grace : 02-17-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Board Administrator

UK fans.......after Hyde Park.......what happened????? Now you sit at a Shania concert???? Atleast there were some total Shaniaholics there to show support by standing!!!

So, her name was really Shania???? That must have been cute.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-17-2004, 08:59 PM

If you ever read soemthing form Evening Standard, you should know, that newspaper, or certain writers of it flatout hostile to Shania.
Even their preview was full of poison...I don't even posted it here.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bmac Send a message via AIM to bmac
Well at least you had a good time and were able to get your camera back!!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
UK fans.......after Hyde Park.......what happened????? Now you sit at a Shania concert???? Atleast there were some total Shaniaholics there to show support by standing!!!

So, her name was really Shania???? That must have been cute.

-Chris

I was totally devasted and appalled with the way Wembley was run. On both nights i was ORDERED to sit down!!!! If it hadn't been for the fact the it was Shania up there i would have walked out

A majority of the Brits there are not real fans and only go along to tap their toes - they have no idea what a great show is.

Im now praying that it wont be like that in Belfast - woohoo, leaving at 4.30am tomorrow morning.
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 02-18-2004, 03:00 AM

i went last night (my first ever Shania concert! *cries* lol), and i agree with pretty much everything said - I think it was a great show by Shania, but I don't think most people there were *huge* Shania fans and it seemed as if a lot of the audience were not really getting into the atmosphere as much as they ought to have!

There was a lot of clapping and mad rushes to the stage for autographs lol, but not a lot of people standing up (mind you, the higher seats had rows that were all covered in sticky tape to prevent slipping? but it was really annoying and didn't do any good!). i also think she had a bit of a hard time getting the crowd to sing lines because as i said, there just didn't seem to be a lot of 'die-hards', more casual fans who enjoy the music (as pointed out, toe-tappers).

anyway i still had a blast and made sure to get lots of merchandise lol - i also collected a handful of the purple and white confetti that came down at the end
Old 02-18-2004, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chicker
I was totally devasted and appalled with the way Wembley was run. On both nights i was ORDERED to sit down!!!! If it hadn't been for the fact the it was Shania up there i would have walked out

A majority of the Brits there are not real fans and only go along to tap their toes - they have no idea what a great show is.

Im now praying that it wont be like that in Belfast - woohoo, leaving at 4.30am tomorrow morning.

Chicker - I totally symphatise and agree with you 100% !!

We got told to sit down too, but I said (quoting from FV), we're not in a theatre, it's a Wembley concert, so either stand up or put up with it. That's tough !! It's their problem, not ours.

And anyway, I'm sure Shania would much prefer people to get up and be lively and not downright boring and motionless !

How can anyone SIT thru a Shania concert, I just cannot fathom ! Heck, I only have to hear a few bars and I'm off ! LOL !

So anyway, don't be down, next time you get told to sit down, just ignore them, go ahead and enjoy yourself. After all, you paid for your ticket, so you have the right to enjoy yourself.....

Have fun in Belfast !

Grace

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 02-18-2004, 05:23 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace

We got told to sit down too, but I said (quoting from FV), we're not in a theatre, it's a Wembley concert, so either stand up or put up with it. That's tough !! It's their problem, not ours.

heh, just thought I'd use the same trick in Helsinki:

"We're not in a theatre, it's a Wembley concert,
so either stand up or put up with it!!!"

hah, since the Finns understand English perfectly & calling it a "Wembley concert", they'll propably think I'm completely off my rocker, better leave me alone & let me bogaloo...

btw...GREAT pics & reviews Grace..!

FinnFreak -
Old 02-18-2004, 05:48 AM
Board Administrator

That totally stinks!!!

We have a very small "arena" here that they don't let people stand in. Good thing, Shania will never ever perform there.

-Chris

Old 02-18-2004, 01:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
OMG they made you guys SIT?!? Earth to those people...HELLLOOOOOOO but we Shania fans can't merely SIT at a concert!!!!! That's like asking us to not buy a new Shania album until a week after it's released...that just will never happen! Oo Ooo Ooo...okay, if I were there...this is what would've happened:

Security guard: SIT DOWN!!! SIT, GIRL SIT!!!

Me: I'll sit if you can catch me!! WOOOO *takes off down the isle*

*jumps over security guard as he dives after me, taking off for the stage*

Me: Whew, almost there! Just a few more rows! *jumps over another security guard*

*gets to stage*

Shania: Hey! Weren't you in Chicago...and in New York...HEY! I remember you! You were one of the people with those funny little shirts on your hand!

Me: Yep! It's the Shania puppet!! Anyway, Shania, they are making us SIT! They aren't letting us get up and dance!

Shania: *gasp* You're making my FANS *SIT* at one of MY concerts?!?! Oh I don't think so! *sings* "Everybody, on the floor, a one, two, a three four!"

*everyone gets up and starts screaming & dancing, knowing that's the secret signal from Shania to the fans to get up and parrtttyyyyyyy*

Me: WOOOOO!!! Now if you're ready to REALLY experience the concert, LEMME HEAR YOU SAY YEAH!!!!

Everyone: YYYEAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Shania: LET'S GO FANS!

And there you have it, my little would-be Shania experience if I ever was not allowed to stand at a Shania concert.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 02-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Board Administrator

Shania should have given her "look of death" to the security guards, like she did here on LI when some of the security guards would not let fans near the side of the stage.

-Chris

Old 02-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Come on England!

Just got back from London......

Again, what a GREAT show!!!

Yep, security was meaner.....the security at Sheffield were wonderful, but Wembley they were a bit OTT.....at the end they formed a huge line so I knew Shania would be coming our way at the end, and she did......so I had to give her a little pat on the back as she ran past.....

It was so nice to meet you Grace and Marco!!! Sorry about the camera being taken......FV, sorry we must have missed each other, hop eyou had a great time in London.....

And thanks Shania again....see you in Manchester soon!!!! And thanks to the great band!!!

Paul
Old 02-19-2004, 04:39 AM

Re: London Feb 17.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace
my camera got consfiscated today So....... for the second time in my life, I went to a Shania concert and did not take any pics. It was certainly very different for me, but I do not regret it as I was able to be totally relaxed and enjoy the show.

followed by a England shirt as per usual (but I do not know which one since I'm not a sports fan).
Hey Grace! Thanks for the review!
And yes, I am sure you were able to just enjoy the concert! Not having to look for the perfect shot opportunity!

Oh dear, now how am going to know which sport it was?
PAUL, help!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FinnFreak
calling it a "Wembley concert", they'll propably think I'm completely off my rocker, better leave me alone & let me bogaloo...

FinnFreak -
Hahahah!

I am fearing the security will be tough in Helsinki, and the crowd a bit umm...flegmatic? Hope I'm proved wrong!

I do know a lot of big fans who will be attending the concert, so we'll have to make all the bigger noise then
Old 02-19-2004, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Another GREAT concert and a VERY HYPER Shania too! She got to the Arena on time..and she said she got TWO kisses from Justin! LOL!...The crowd tonight was even lamer than the previous night...I was second row along the wide section of the oval, right at the middle of the stage, with an aisle to my left one seat away, and the people first row in front of me almost never got UP!..so basically I was front row..lol..I should have taken good pics! So will see...The last jersey was the Football jersey this time..it's interesting which one she will wear tonight in Belfast..

During FAFA they clearly overdid it with the smoke..the techs were experiencing serious fog in their pit,m even Shania up on stage was smoked out..LOL! In addition she was about 4 seconds late in popping out from the center for FAFA..so she missed the starting cue and they had to keep playing for the next cue for her to start the song..maybe some problems with the elevator mechanism in the middle of the stage?
Shania was tonight too FANTASTIC: a very strong voice again..perfect! As I said she was very hyper this past 2 concerts..The raffle winners were a couple, and Shania brought UP a 4 year old blond girl on stage whose name was Shania! She said that it was not planned to the crowd..the little girl was very shy, Shania asked her whether she knew any of her songs: the little girl said no..Shania laughed. so Shania asked Randall if he knew the Wiggle song..he said yes..lol..
The barrier along the wide side of the oval lasted tonight for about 4 minutes..LMAO! If the first night Shania signed 1,000 autographs, the second night she signed twice as many..I got an high five from Shania and one from Brent....

I think Ariane Martin is the person who wears the MIFLAW outfit at the very beginning behind the curtain..I saw her going under the stage with an outfit in a plastic cover before the beginning of the concert and coming out of there during the second song of the night..
Shania did not do SNJAPF tonight either..

The raffle ticket at Wembley was 2, whereas it was 1 in Newcastle...one other funny thing: the tour poster was 5 in Newcastle, but 3 at Wembley..