Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-21-2004, 12:48 AM

Belfast no. II (20/2/04)

here is a great report from the Forums by ShaniasIrishGuy:

Quote:
well,
just back from second show, totally exhausted!

had back row seat tonight(!) (compared to row b of the lower tier last night) but..
...tonights show was twice as good!

the crowd were much more up for it (friday feeling or something, i dunno!) and shania and the band responded to this with a cracking performance.

my personal highlight was that i managed to 'guess' from thursday night where and when shania would be sitting in the crowd for "the woman in me" so i managed to sneak into the section and stand 10ft behind shania whilst she sang (she had a little girl on her knee throughout) - amazing.

there is no doubt that shania's band must be the greatest backing band of any solo artist EVER, they are great performers and musicans, they have my total respect!

got some (long range!) pictures and video clips of the show and i'll post them for veiwing once i sort them out.

if you were at the belfast shows then i hope you enjoyed them as much as me (anybody else buy a shania hockey shirt? i'm penniless now though!!)

have to admit i feel so depressed now though.. god only knows if she'll ever be back in ireland, and even if she does return it'll not be to the north..
Old 02-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Board Administrator

COOL!!!!!

I was wondering if Shania went into the audience in Europe for TWIM.

Seems this crowd was better!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-21-2004, 01:22 AM

Re: Belfast no. II (20/2/04)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
my personal highlight was that i managed to 'guess' from thursday night where and when shania would be sitting in the crowd for "the woman in me" so i managed to sneak into the section and stand 10ft behind shania whilst she sang (she had a little girl on her knee throughout) - amazing.

Priceless!!! I wish I could've been there!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
COOL!!!!!

I was wondering if Shania went into the audience in Europe for TWIM.

Seems this crowd was better!

-Chris

That's my favorite song, I was afraid she may drop it in Europe, but I'm very glad she didin't!
Old 02-21-2004, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Another very good concert: the second half of the show was better than the first half, the crowd was warm, they knew the songs and clapped a lot, but still not really standing much with the exception of the second half of the show..
I had a 4th row seat at the end of the stage, right where JD is and where Shania got on and off stage..
Bjorn Again started 10 minutes earlier, and Shania too..the concert tonight was much faster than the previous night: one song after the other, with Shania stopping only once for the raffle winners..the previous night the concert ended at 11.10 PM, last night it ended at 10.50 PM..clearly they were told to speed it UP: 2 minutes after the show was over, 25% of the stage was already gone..they were clearly in hurry: maybe the ferry to Scotland was the issue..
Shania was 95% perfect vocally speaking last night, not as good as the night before: it seems to me this happens every time she has two concerts back to back...she lost her breathe on CLV, mainly because she sang the full song standing, but bent over to sign autographs..LOL!
She was lower than usual during FAFA at some points..and a bit hoarse at the end of IMC, but overall another very good performance!
Last night 4 band members kept pointing at me because they recognized me from the previous concerts (5 Shania concerts in 7 days!! ) Randall and JD passed me by on his way to the stage (I had an aisle seat - brilliant!) and winked ...Later in the concert Hardy pointed at me and yelled: "Hey, Maine!!!"..'cause I told him at Wembley that I live in Maine..he is from Maine.. Then at the end of IOH, JD, who had been waving at me during the show, stood UP to leave the stage before the encore while the other band members where going to the top level of the stage to carry Shania down with them on the elveator..anyways JD stood UP and pointed at me straight and signed me to approach the stage..I rushed..and he handed me his two drumsticks!!!!!!! I saw him the night before at the Odyssey entertainment complex and we said HI to each other...boy, those drumsticks have taken a beat after 90 minutes of playing! LOL!
At the end Brent came to me and shook my hands and said A pretty cool night!
OK, regarding Shania... She started with a light green top, and underneath she had the light blue one..already seen this..BUT the next outfit was new to me..she had the same black pants, but with a sleeveless light pink vest, with a central zipper on the front..I do not recall Shania wearing that before at a concert...
At the end she wore the Belfast Giants jersey again..I got a good pic I think..
Highlights of the show: Shania was fast, and did not talk much..she asked whether we were louder than the previous night..which was true the second half of the show..only people on stage: the raffle winners: Shania made fun of the guy's accent: she said the Canadian accent is a mix of French, Irish and English..while she was walking around talking about the raffle ticket she stepped on Roddy's bow..and said sorry I stepped on your bow..does it have a secondary meaning there?

TBC...
Old 02-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Administrator

Part 2

She sang WIM exactly where she did it the night before..but she had a 6 year old little girl on her lap the whole time.. the best part though was 1 second before she was supposed to start WIM, she said.."Hold on..I forgot the first line!" LMAO! So she looked at Marc and started singing the music to herself..and 2 seconds later said: "OK, I got it now.." and they started the song..a wonderful rendition once again..
Based upon the concerts I have seen in the UK it seems to me that Shania gets the strongest reaction from the crowd with these songs: When, WIM,TDIMM, IGGG, IMC and the three songs from the encore..everyone last night sang YSTO...the arena was packed once again...but a different crouwd from the night before...
Randall and Cory signed autographs for the famale fans on the floor again..
Cory said he went to visit wher they built the Titanic during the band members introductions...and Roddy said that Marc was the one who had good creative suggestions for the concert show..so Marc is the guy who contriubuted to put the whole show together too..
The previous night, I forgot to tell you... a little girl made a drawing of a guitar and she attache a cord to it..Shania wore that paper guitar during YSTO..
Cannot wait till April now! This was my last concert in the UK...
Old 02-21-2004, 04:53 AM

great review!
I wonder if anyone has the picture of Shania with that paper-guitar.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV

he handed me his two drumsticks!!!!!!!

At the end she wore the Belfast Giants jersey again..I got a good pic I think..
Congrats!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaand I sure hope that picture came out

Thanks for a wonderful concert recap once again!
Old 02-21-2004, 07:36 AM

Cool review FV !!! And you got 2 drumsticks too !!!! Neat !!! Now you can beat to Outta Here

Thanks !

Has anyone got any pics ?

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 02-21-2004, 07:58 AM
Come on England!

Great review AGAIN FV!!!

So now the band are getting to know you, eh?

Paul
Old 02-21-2004, 10:00 AM
cross-stitching nut

CONGRATULATIONS FV!!!!! Great review makes one feel as if they had almost been there! Thanks.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 02-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Board Administrator

WOW great stuff!!!! Wait til they see you stateside again..lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-21-2004, 06:32 PM

Enjoyable, helpful, descriptive reviews as usual. 5 concerts in 7 days. Now that's exposure. No wonder the band is getting to know you. This is the first I've noticed of a clearer description of some of those things. Didn't know some band members stayed around after the concert to sign autographs on the floor. And that bit about Roddy and Marc connect a couple dots for me. I wondered why at Chicago outdoors, he came running up to the front edge of the stage, for one song, so late and so fast that he almost fell off. So it's not that he was less skilled than the other band members about their choreography. He WAS the choreographer for part of it, so he probably was thinking more deeply about a lot of it, and it's easier to get distracted with deeper thinking, and give the mistaken appearance of seeming slow.

This is interesting, compiling a profile of the band members. I know several of them have their own albums out. One is the main harmonizer. A couple have musical credentials and accolades to fill half a library. One is a dramatic and effective lead guitarist. One is a virtuoso on more than a half dozen instruments. The drummer is one of the most dynamic performers in that category I've ever seen. The others each have a special contribution all their own, some on the set, some off. Quite a group. A good book could be written about them.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:19 PM

I'm so glad you got to go to the concerts FV. I know how much they would have meant to you. Can't wait for her to get this way! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 02-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Administrator