Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 03-12-2004, 10:08 AM

Newcastle Mar11 review & photos

Hi guys ! Just got back from Newcastle. Great finale concert. Review to come later........ For now, just to get your appetites going, here are last night's pics in Newcastle :

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 03-12-2004, 10:27 AM

Oh, 3 more of the outfits, coz I like these too

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 03-12-2004, 11:04 AM

Great pix!!
Thanks a lot.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Great pix thanks grace - cant wait for your review as always
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 03-12-2004, 12:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sarah
awesome pics Grace! You have succeeded in increasing my appetite! So I am eagerly waiting for the review!

But I win when I choose
And I can't stand to lose
God's own country refers to the tourism motto of our state
Old 03-12-2004, 12:46 PM

Grace. You should get yourself a job taking photos! Your photos have been brilliant. You and your friend Marko have been great posting all them photos and stories from UK tour. How you got all them brilliant photos of Shania is beyond me, she never stands still long enough, yet you managed it. BRILLIANT! THANKS A BUNCH.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Come on England!

I did a review on the forums, so I thought I'd do an edited version here.......sorry, same lame jokes too......

I can't believe this is my last review!!!

I didn't know what to expect at this concert......Having cried at previous ones, I thought I would be a blubbering idiot at this one. I took my Mum to this - we were so excited!!!

We arrived early after a long and boring drive up to Newcastle. It was absolutely FREEZING!!! I was so worried that we wouldn't be front row after hearing the stories from last time, but of course they had reassured me that my seats were going to be OK. So when I got a text from a friend I was meeting saying they had been screwed I half expected bad news. Couldn't resist spending, so I got the hat and another programme!!! Got to our seats, and yep, sure enough, chairs everywhere. I was GUTTED. There was security everywhere, almost like they were expecting problems, I guess they must be used to dealing with upset fans......

Saw Grace and Marco and others, along with lots of forums people too.....Three people were doing a sit in protest and refused to move from the front seats......there was a lot of bad feeling to the arena people, and boy did they deserve it. Its one thing adding the seats but to blatently lie to each and every one of us is disgraceful.

Anyway, I didn't want this to spoil things. Bjorn Again came on and were ACE!!! I'm sure they get better every time! I was around the other side for the first time so I was lucky enough to see Benny Underpants's special Volvo keyboard. Those girls can really sing!!! Are you ready to do some Disco dancing? lol!!!!

Then it was Shania......The arena is the smallest but there was a nice atmosphere, quite a cosy feeling. The Newcastle fans LOVED her......I think most of them were already drunk, one woman (with front row seat grrrrr) danced all the way through, but I swear to you she never looked at the stage once, she just faced her two friends and sang at them!!! She just had her back to the stage the whole time. Security must have gone home, I think they gave up!!!

Shania interacted with the crowd so much!!! There were more flowers given than I've seen at all the other concerts. The band introductions were hillarious, this time Cory was on form He introduced Brent saying that if you try plugging an American hairdryer into a British socket this is what happens to you!!!

Lots of big performances again......Shania sang What A Way To Wanna Be again, and disappeared around the other side of the stage.....next thing the crowd were screaming and wondering what was going on, and Shania spotted the girls who have been to all or most of the UK concerts and got them onstage for a photo!!! Shania is so great with her fans......

The raffle OMG was so funny!! Two Geordie women won, and what a couple of characters!!! One was an older lady who said she just had her hair done for tonight!!! Anyone got any pics? So funny!!! She had the great Geordie accent, she was so funny talking to Shania, "why-eye man you so small!!!" was something along the lines of what she said to Shania!!!

Then Shania went on to tell the story of how she and her sister went shopping for lingerie in Newcastle that afternoon.......and for some reason went into massive detail on cup sizes etc!!!

Oops then she got confused and said how great it was to be in Manchester!!! But it was because she read a sign with the word Manchester on.......Cory was sat grinning watching Shania dig herself out of the hole....!!!!

Then one of the great tour mysteries was solved!!! How does Shania get from the stage to the crowd without being noticed to do The Woman In Me? Well........I know....here's how......

Last edited by Paul : 03-12-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Super Thanks Grace for FANTASTIC Photos!!
This one deserves to become a poster!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Come on England!

sorry got cut off there...... ......where was I? Oh yeah, it was a great performance of TWIM. Her voice was better than last time I heard......so sweet!!! Then the concert goes crazy, TDIMM and IGGG again sent everyone WILD!!!

Shania did IOH and then appeared in her Newcastle football shirt.......Most people cheered, but a few booed!!! Shania was stunned!!! "DON'T BOO ME!!!!!" she said!!! "Anyway, Newcastle are WINNERS tonight" and the crowd went crazy. Newcastle had just won 4-1 in their tough UEFA cup game!

So then the last two songs. Amazing performaces again!!!Once RTC finished that was it...the end for the UK. But from what the band and Shania were saying it sounds like they will be back!!! The crowd were so great, how can she not wanna come on over and rock this country AGAIN?

SHANIA, YOU CAN COME BACK TO MY COUNTRY ANYTIME!!!

PAUL'S REVIEWS WILL RETURN!!! SOMEWAY SOMEDAY SOMEHOW!!!

Paul
Old 03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
Then Shania went on to tell the story of how she and her sister went shopping for lingerie in Newcastle that afternoon.......and for some reason went into massive detail on cup sizes etc!!!

LMAO! That is a typical Shania moment..so Shaniaish... I can imagine Carrie Ann's faces at this point..
Old 03-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Super Thanks Grace for FANTASTIC Photos!!
This one deserves to become a poster!
Can we get it enlarged here? To appreciate it better...
Old 03-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
PAUL'S REVIEWS WILL RETURN!!! SOMEWAY SOMEDAY SOMEHOW!!!

You betcha! Thanks for the review and the photos! Did she cut anything from the setlist?
Old 03-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Come on England!

Yes - In My Car and YSTO, but no different from Sheffield previously.......her voice is benefitting from this, and the show is still great.....

Paul
Old 03-12-2004, 01:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sarah
Paul,
Thanks a lot for your awesome review! The concert seems to have been great, though I guess there were little things which were really bugging! Shania is indeed so close with her fans! The band introductions does sound hilarious! So far, I had thought that Randy was the most humorous of them all! I do wish that Shania would come to UK once again!

But I win when I choose
And I can't stand to lose
God's own country refers to the tourism motto of our state
Old 03-12-2004, 01:26 PM

Hi Grace
Absolutely fab photo's once again
For sure Shania is the 'Angel Of The North' in that Newcastle shirt!
Although I haven't got to see her this time around its felt like I've been to the shows with such great pics and reviews of this tour

Have bought the 'UP' DVD today, so just off to enjoy it to discover what I've missed
Did you say you that you were on it with your friends?
Did Shania sign you up as a backing singer for next time around? ... For sure you could be her official photographer.
What lovely stories you have told us and memories that will last with you 'Forever & Always'
Take Care Andy
Post New Thread Reply