Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[•] Latest Shania News!
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Shania Twain Centre
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-01-2004, 04:50 PM
.: Eja's big bwother :.

Send a message via MSN to CSCfan
Antwerp March 30th: My Review+Pics!!

Well.... here we go again!

This time.... is the last time....
Won't write a review again for a few years (if Shania will be back in a few years).... So I'll just gonna have to make the best of it!

Well.... once upon a time, in a country very close close from here a certain Queen was going to perform and I was going to be there........

We were a bit late 'coz it was quite busy on the road.... from Holland to Belgium there were busy with the road and also with the HSL/TGV (High Speed Train) railroad.... so we arrived around 4.00-4.15 at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp.... It was warm and the sun was really shinning (guess why!) When we arrived, Essie was crossing the parking lot and saw me....
Later we took a look at the main entrance but it was closed.... so just around the corner there was a door where you had to ring the bell first so we did, got in and showed the letter from the Fanclub. We were directed all the way to the back of the Sportpaleis, so walked over there.... On the way there, there was another security guy, so we showed the letter again and the guy told us to go around the corner and enter (revolving) door #1....

There we entered the door and guess who met there? Another security guy! We gave him the letter and he got up and went somewhere.... A little while later he came back with Jerry (Shania's head of Security) and we showed him the letter too.... He told us to wait... and we waited.... and waited.... until he finally came back and told us the soundcheck was cancelled and that the fanclub sent out e-mails late February (they did?) he also said Shania wasn't there.... We replied that's okay, and that we wanted to see the band, and he replied: 'the band....the band, right.... Wait here' So we waited and waited again and then he returned....! (We could make a movie and call it 'The Return of the Jerry' ) He had 2 stickers and we had to put them on and follow him, so we did. He brought us to the stage, said some things and left us.... It was about.... 4.30 then (correct me if I'm wrong Essie)? So we talked a bit and there was a strange Belgium guy who was really weird....really weird....
So after a little while Randall came with his coat on and his luggage and he said Hi (we did the same) and asked us how we were.... Then he headed to backstage.... So we waited and talked, waited and talked.... until one by one the bandmembers were appearing.... It was quite fun, they did a few songs; 'Honey, I'm Home!', Man! I Feel Like A Woman!', 'When You Kiss Me' & 'You're Still The One' (2x). At the beginning Cory noticed us, waved and smiled. And during one of the songs Randall spotted us again smiled and pointed his guitar at us (we were supposed to take a picture, which we happily did!)!

During the Soundcheck they also did a bit of Juanita!! LOL!! That was oooo funny! Cory & B.B. were making those cow noises! :And suddenly one of them was saying very loud: 'BOEEE' It was really fun.... before we knew it, it was over and they left the stage. Only JD & Randall were left. Randall was up in the Tier accross us practising 'The Woman in Me' and like Essie said, J.D. was painting/writing on his shoes! lol We took a few pictures of him behind his drum kit and talked a bit with him. We asked if we could expect any surprises and he said he couldn't say anything....
Then he got of the stage 'shaked' our hands (actually, it was a 'fist shake'.... you know, fist against fist) and left.... Randall was still practising.... While were about to leave, 2 roades passed us and they asked if Essie was my girlfriend and I replied she wasn't.... then he suddenly took Essie's camera, shove it into the other guy's hands, swung his arm around her and asked his mate to take a picture! Then he asked if I wanted to take a pic with the other guy! Crazy guys!

So we left and to our astonishment Cory & Allison were sitting near the exit reading their mail! We (Essie) said hi and good luck tonight to Cory, he replied and we left.... Near the 2nd door we turned around and both took a quick shot of them behind their laptops! (with flash or course! lol! So they immediately looked at us....)

Well.... after that, we both returned to our parents (and seperated) and got something to eat....

The doors opened at 6.30 and we (parents+me) got in at around 7.... I made a little note in the car which I wanted to put in Shania's hands.... (It said that we fans were a bit concerned about her health and that we hoped her holiday will do her good.... I also asked about Marc and if Shania read the Dutch fanbook)

So were at the entrance and I had to open my bag.... this time I put the digital camera in a hidden pocket inside the bag and the normal one just in the back.... so that guy searched though my bag a few times and found my digital! I was so nervous! He told us that it wasn't allowed and then he found the 'normal' one! And he told us that one wasn't allowed either!! So he gave us 2 choices: leave them at a desk and retrieve them after the concert, of take them back to the car.... Well we did the latter.... I sure as hell wanted to take both ones! So I was in doubt wheter to put them, so I decided to do the same as in Holland, I put the digital camera in my pants at the back (my dad did the same with the normal one).... so we went back and went to another security man & woman.... so he searches the bag and then he told us 'don't throw the clogs on stage, ok?' So we laughed and got in! Phew! That was close!

Once in there was that Merchandise stall again.... Ka-Ching! I persuaded my mom to pay half price of the Hockey Jersey! And after loooong thinking she said okay! I also bought the cap....I wanted to a poster too, but decided it would be better after the show, because such a long item could be annoying during the show....

We entered the arena and there weren't many people yet so we got to our seats (we had 2nd row tickets, but like with most cases there was only 1 little first row on the short sides, so 1 one of the 3 chairs we got, was 1st row and I got to sit there! )....
We waited and waited and waited there until it finally was 8.30........

To be continued........
Céline Dion » New X-mas album ['09] || "Taking Chances" World Tour DVD/BR ['09]
Sharon Corr » Brand new solo album [2009]!
Old 04-01-2004, 05:18 PM

Part II

Well it was time! Bjorn Again were performing again and it was as good as usual (although the sound wasn't very good at some points).... During their performance JD stood at the place where the technicians are, facing my side.... (I was on Hardy's side at the concert, so I wouldn't see JD during the concert....) And during one of the songs he he saw me (and I him) and he did that 'yes, sir' sign to me! (He still remembered me! lol) And I did it back.... he was really enjoying himself! That was cool!
Time flew by and they were about to sing the last song, Dancing Queen, but before that, they invited 4 local dansers (in pink clothes) on the stage to dance! And suddenly people around the stage lifted banners for them, lol! They were handing out banners just before Bjorn Again, especially for them....

So they danced and suddenly Allison was kneeling in front of me! I thought, what the?? And there she was, huge smile on her face and taking pictures of the girls! hahaha Then she went further away, and I saw Randall with his videocamera! He was recording it! And next to Randall was Hardy, also taking pictures! Quite cool to see the band like that! Allison came back a few times... she was soo busy taking pictures I didn't dare to ask her for a picture/autograph.... haha

After the song it was the usual wait.... I enjoyed it for the very last time and put my Hockey Shirt on (over my white Shania shirt! ).... About 9.30 the lights went out and the intro started.... Everyone (in my block) was still sitting.... the bandmembers came to the stage from all sides.... fabulous sight! When they were on stage people stil sat down.... (I thought 'o no!') Then Shania 'yelled': 'Aaare you ready Antwerp?' There was a modest 'yeah'.... 'I SAID: ARE YOU READY ANTWEEEERP?!?' And there was a louder 'yeeeeah'.... So music started and everyone (in my block and around) was STILL sitting! Then Shania came on stage and that was it.... I couldn't care less and I stood up (1st one).... Hardy & Allison looked at me and gave me a smile! And when I was standing up, Shania was looking my way and I saw a little smile on her face.... that was soooo cute! And then...finally... one by one people stood up! I was also messing a bit with my camera but it went a lot better (taking pics) than in Holland!
I was 1st row so I could easily get an autograph or something from Shania, so I was planning 'what to do when Shania's here'(lol!):

1st time: Get an autograph....
2nd time: Get a high-five
3rd time: Take a (close-up) picture
4rd time: Give her the wooden shoes
And then we would see what's next....

So it was great! Shania was really in a good mood!
During M!IFLAW! & Up! her voice was still 'warming up' but after those 2 songs she was fantastic! And during M!IFLAW Cory passed by and he still remembered me!! He laughed and gave me a big wink! And same for Roddy.... he soooo knew who I was!! He was looking at me the whole time! hahaha
When I took my camera and wanted to take a pic, Cory stood in front of me and posed! It was a great one, although I was a bit too early/late, because he had his eyes closed on the pic! Allison also posed a few times and was making funny faces! She had some problems with her violin in the beginning though.... Roddy also posed a couple of times, but the pics weren't that great....
I believe after Up! Shania talked a bit.... about that this is her last European concert, that they came from Cologne, etc. (English)
And the she started talking French!! That was soooo cute!!!! It was a little extra.... One time she wasn't sure of a word and asked the audience for confirmation and they yelled it was 'ok' and Shania was laughing and thanking them....
Then she talked English again and said 'dank je wel' (thank you in Dutch)! That was also very cool!!

Shania first came by during 'H,IH!' or 'CLV' (can't remember).... she was coming from Essie's side so I got my enlarged pic of her (one that I took in Holland) and my sharpie.... So when I saw she was heading my way I took a step closer to the stage (I was the first there!) and lifted the picture and sharpie, but she already had one.... So when she stood in front of me, she first looked at the pic, smiled, gave me a quick look and signed! And this sign was way better than the ones in Holland!
After that I was expecting her to sing 'Don't Be Stupid', but she didn't! She did the charity thing and sang 'WBHYBBU' after it....
Then it was time for the band introduction.... it was nice; again Shania spoke a little French and this time she also thanked her crew of 150 (French & English) and also her band of course.... And again a few 'dank je wel's'!

The concert went on and at one moment (I was so busy enjoying the show and taking pictures) I looked around me and I was the only one standing! My mom told me later that a few people kept looking at me (and my shirt).... strange Belgian people! lol
I also kept being watched by the nearest security guy.... Before Shania came up he approached me and said something... but at first I couldn't understand it.... (stupid accent! lol) but then I understood: He told me not to use flash.... (which I didn't want to do anyway) But he kept looking at me during the whole concert which was veryannoying! I also didn't dare to make videoclips (I managed to make few very short ones, but like I said: didn't dare to make longer ones because of that guy....)
During 'What A Way To Wanna Be' it was round 2! She came by and I wanted to shake her hands, but she gave me a little smak! lol (Her hands were very wet! )
3rd round was during the medley.... during COO I believe.... I tried to make a good pic, but before I knew it she was already a bit further away.... oh well, took some nice ones anyway....!
During TWIM Shania & Randall were sitting at the exact place where Randall was sitting during the Soundcheck! And during TYB BB was in front of me all the time! At one point he gave me a huge smile! He also posed a few times.... (He still recognized me from Holland!)
I just love the band interaction!

To be continued....
Old 04-01-2004, 05:22 PM

The Soundcheck pics:

Note: They aren't that good.... those who've been to one know it's very hard to take pictures there, 'cause the lighting is very weird.... (If you use flash, the image is very dark, if you don't use flash, the image is hazy)

Randall pointing his guitar at me

J.D. painting his shoe

Allison (left) & Cory (right) with their laptops.... dunno who the guy in the middle is, but I used flash and he was in the process looking our way! lol

------------------------------------------
Link
------------------------------------------
Old 04-02-2004, 06:44 AM

Part III (last one)

During IGGG Hardy & Allison kept 'playing' with each other! That was soooo funny! Hardy was at top of the stairs and Allison below and during the verses 'I'm Gonna Getcha while I gotcha in sight', etc. Allison was making those gestures and Hardy kept doing !
After IGGG, she brought 6 ladies on stage.... Shania asked where they were from and one of the women said: Holland! Someone in the audience cheered and it was immediately followed by 'boeeing' from the Belgians, BUT the Dutch were striking back because you could hear a lot of cheering and they were almost louder than the 'boeeing'/Belgians!! (There were a LOT of Dutch people there!)
Roddy was standing in front of me and was pointing his thumbs down, but I (/me and my parents) with thumbs up! So he looked at me and I screamed: noooo, nooo, it's good they're from Holland!! *thumbs up* and he: Oops! Sorry and then did his thumbs up! That was soooo cool! Shania sang YSTO with the ladies (it was quite good)....
She also said 'dank je wel' a few times again.... and also; 'I hope I'm saying this right.... dank je wel, dank je wel....' :LMAO

Then it was already time for 'IOH!'.....
During the song it was time for Round 4! It was time to put all my courage together and hand Shania the clogs!
I saw Essie getting an autograph and then Shania was headed my way.... I had the clogs in my hand but there were 2 ladies just beside me and one wanted an autograph but had nothing to write.... Shania made a writing gesture ('I need something to write with') and the 2nd lady gave Shania her pen and she gave the 1st woman an autograph.... then it was my turn.... I was directly at the stage and when Shania approached me and lifted the clogs sky high and handed them to her.... She smiled at me, took the clogs and said 'awwww, thánk you!' (It was soooo sweet how she said it! Only she could say it like that....!) But it happened fast... before I knew it she was already putting the clogs away (passing by all the people that got to the stage to get an autograph! Nah! Nah! Nah! hahaha) My dad tried to make a picture of me handing them over to Shania, but it went too fast but he said he managed to take one of Shania with the clogs in her hand.... (they were taken with the analogue, so I still have to go and get them developped....)! I was very happy! I didn't got the chance in Holland but now I finally did....

IOH was over and we were waiting for the encore.... Finally the crowd was enthousiastic and kept yelling 'we want more!' 'we want more!'
After Shania and the band were on stage again, Shania did that little 'guys/girls screaming' game again and I have to say.... it was worser than in Holland! The guys weren't screaming at all! It was soooo soft! And Shania said something like....'the men always have the habit to lose, I bet the girls are going to win again!' lol! And there was someone making VERY funny noises/comments.... if I didn't know better I would say it was J.D.! hahaha! He said things like 'noooo' 'that's not trueeee' And Shania kept telling him wrong!

Last edited by CSCfan : 04-02-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:48 AM

I soooo wanted a drumstick during this concert.... wasn't able to get one in Holland so I just had to get one here.... I completely forget to make a 'drumstick gesture' to Roddy during the previous songs.... And just after AMOM he took all the drumsticks and laid them down at the edge of the stage, a few meters from me.... I was just taking a pic and saw it too late!! Before I realised what happened they were all gone....

Oh well, nothing I could do.... So it was almost at the end.... And RTC was just amazing! I took some beautiful shots of the band! And Allison kept pushing Cory & Roddy away! That was soooo funny and each time after doing that she looked at me and made gesture like 'I'm the man!'/'I'm the boss!' lol! And Cory was making funny faces (to Allison and a few times to me).... Same thing with Roddy! And that was btw only the 2nd time Randall was at my side of the stage! During the whole concert he was only once at my side (he also winked! lol) and then only during RTC.... But it was great!

Then the song was nearing it's end.... I was trying to make the last few pics until I couldn't see anymore! There was A LOT of confetti!! I almost drowned in it! lol So I had to wait until that was over.... And then Shania made her final round around the stage and this time I wanted to get a real high-five, so I was standing against the stage and when Shania was approaching I was ready to give her a high-five (harder than before! lol).... then she was in front in me and *SLAP*! Super! That one was really hard! lol! I could still feel it after she was gone! I considered it to be a 'make up' of the one I got earlier....

Then Cory walked passed me and gave me a huge smile and waved.... and after Cory was Roddy.... he put his equipment down and waved to the crowd and then he gave me a loooong look! lol! He gave me a smile and then I made a 'typing gesture' () and he nodded, smiled and ran after the rest........
It was over.... It was absolutely over.... I really couldn't believe it.... After the concert I couldn't find my mobile phone! A friend called me to hear RTC and I put my phone on my bag.... but because of all the confetti I couldn't find it anymore! Luckily I found it in my bag and not on the floor and it wasn't broken or something like that....!

We waited until most people left and then I took a quick pic of the stage....

It was over........

When we were in the main hall I still wanted to buy a poster, which I did.... but not at that merchandise stall.... there was a table were they were selling the tourbooks for €10 and the posters for €5!! Ka-Ching!
My mom wanted to but one of those women shirts! But I suggested buying it online because it's cheaper.... (she was really enthousiastic!) When we were in the car she was saying Hardy was cute and Cory wasn't looking so bad either! My reaction: (my dad could only laugh!) And then I also laughed.... never seen her like this! lol

But then I was emptying my pockets and what did I found.... that note to Shania!! I completely forgot it!! I also wanted to have an autograph on my cap, but I also forgot to do that!
That's what happens when Shania's near you.... you get all hypnotized!

But I was really happy.... this time I had a sense of closure.... I also had it a bit after the 1st gig in Holland but not at all after the 2nd one (I felt really bad after that one).... But now I finally had the feeling I could leave it behind (easier) and did the things I wanted to do mostly........ (But of course I was and still am disappointed it's over....)
And I told my parents: next stop, the US! (and they only laughed)

It was really great and had a ball!
Hope you enjoyed the review and for the ones still going to her concerts: HAVE A LOT OF FUN!!!!

Here are the rest of my pics:
(I also have pics taken with the normal cam, but those won't be ready until a few days.... )

Last edited by CSCfan : 04-02-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:25 AM

Pictures, Part II

Allison taking pics of those dancers

Cory almost fell sleeping onto my cam

Allison playing & posing right in front of me

Allison with some trouble with her violin

Old 04-02-2004, 07:26 AM

Sssst, she's meditating!

"haa, haaaa, haaaachoeeee"
Old 04-02-2004, 07:27 AM

Look who's watching again!

During TYB was in front of me the whole time

Old 04-02-2004, 07:29 AM

Shania gone in smoke

"Anyone wanna join me sleep?"

Old 04-02-2004, 07:30 AM

This was taken during IGGG.... Hardy & Allison were so funny!! :LMAO
"Do you want to take my hand?" "Eh-eh , no way!"

Old 04-02-2004, 07:32 AM

"I'm the Champion!!"

"If you wanna touch me, ask!"

Roddy had nothing to do, so he talked to a girl....lol

Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM

Say Cheeeese!

One of my favs

He's sleeping....AGAIN! lol!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM

Old 04-02-2004, 07:36 AM

"My back aches!"

Running into my arms!

"Watch out! I have a black belt!"

"You can't get me Allison!"
Old 04-02-2004, 07:38 AM

Love those poses

"I'm da man! ehhh....woman!" (Allison)

"hmm, nice lollypop!"

"Wanna see my butt?"
Post New Thread Reply