Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
And rain in your area - well what would we expect - Shania is coming!

Yep..and we are coming along too...
Old 04-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Yep..and we are coming along too...

Why am I not surprised about the rain.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 04-29-2004, 12:13 PM

Well folks, time to do a couple of errands and it's off to the airport. We'll be in Raleigh before the sun goes down.

Here's hoping that everyone travels safely. Harpers on E. Fowler if my feet hold up from furniture shopping all day. I'll be the one crawling in.

30 hours to go and then twice in 24. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Travel safely all.

Bob
Old 04-29-2004, 02:16 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Everyone travel safely!

See you all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:20 PM

Do you hear that Charlotte? That's our hearts a poundin'! We're on our way-and so is She, so get ready to ROCK! DOC

PS I'm a bit excited so excuse me. See you guys there. Travel safely.
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 04-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Board Administrator

On my way!!! 9am flight! Land at 11am!!

-Chris

Old 04-29-2004, 06:06 PM

Debbie says she is here in NC at Betsy's ....
Shania were coming....

PS......Debbie says Juanita did not fail her...
Old 04-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by sas
Debbie says she is here in NC at Betsy's ....
Shania were coming....

PS......Debbie says Juanita did not fail her...

See ya tomorrow!!!

-Chris

Old 04-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Brazilian Member

Send a message via MSN to Marco
Good concert to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll be waiting for the reviews!!!!!

hugs,

Marco

Thank You Shania!
Old 05-01-2004, 02:48 AM

Don't blame Shania!

Mark Kemp
The Charlotte Observer
Published: Friday, April 30, 2004

Blame it on Shania and you're barking up the wrong tree.

Country went urbane pop the moment Patsy Cline put a velvety pillow of strings under the twang of her 1963 hit "Sweet Dreams (of You)." That song inspired generations of country-pop divas -- many from places a world away from the South.

These days, it's hard to distinguish the country schmaltz of a Faith Hill from the pop schmaltz of a Celine Dion. But these days really aren't much different from those days. Non-Southern chanteuses have taken the country charts hostage many times over the years. Here's a handful of pre-Shania Nashville gate-crashers:

Blonde California beauty queen Lynn Anderson, a regular on "The Lawrence Welk Show," topped the country chart and hit No. 3 on the pop chart with the sweet-smelling "Rose Garden." Her first country hit, "If I Kiss You (Will You Go Away)," had come in 1967.

Utah 13-year-old Marie Osmond wasn't about to let her brothers' bubble-gum teen-pop quintet get all the attention. So she recorded orange juice salesman (and anti-gay spokesman) Anita Bryant's 1960 hit "Paper Roses." Osmond's version became a bubble-gum country smash, topping the country chart and reaching No. 5 on the pop chart.

British-born Aussie Olivia Newton-John became a superstar in 1974 when her breathy "I Honestly Love You" and twangy "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" both hit the country Top 10 and crossed onto the pop charts. It wasn't until she starred with John Travolta in "Grease" that the sexy singer was able to shed her country image, paving the way for disco-fied pop hits like "Xanadu" and "Physical" in the '80s.

The 1970s were good to Shania's Canadian homegirl Anne Murray, who had several country-pop crossovers. But it was Murray's "I Just Fall in Love Again" -- which topped the country and adult contemporary charts and reached No. 12 on the pop chart -- that began a new string of crossover hits that carried her into the early '80s.

Another Canadian torch singer, k.d. lang, just flirted with country in a tongue-in-cheek way. But country audiences flirted back, making "Shadowland" a Top 10 country album. After lang came out of the closet before 1993's "Ingenue," she'd already moved on to the hip adult-rock crowd.

Ivy League-educated New Jersey folksinger Mary Chapin Carpenter traded her Joan Baez albums for Loretta Lynn. In the late '80s and early '90s, she scored a few country hits, including "Never Had It So Good" and "Quittin Time." But it was Carpenter's cover of Lucinda Williams' "Passionate Kisses" that crossed her over to pop and adult contemporary charts.

Enter lovely Shania, whose "(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here," "No One Needs to Know" and "You Win My Love" began her Nashville takeover in 1996. Within two years, Shania's massive crossover found her on nearly every other pop chart (including dance and even Latin music!) with "You're Still the One." Well, Shania's still the one. "Up!," her 2002 album, has been mixed, remixed and issued internationally -- and its biggest single, "Forever and For Always," has reached the Top 10 of the country and adult charts, and the Top 20 of the pop chart. Since her nuclear-bombshell crossover, Shania Twain has never left the Top 10. She's won five Grammys and sold 34 million records, making her the most successful female solo artist ever

I like that this article actually documents all those before Shania who crossed over and blazed their own trails. Country Music diehards are always saying the Shania changed their format - well that's not true but she made it more popular in other places.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:21 AM

THE CONCERT WAS FABULOUS... WE HAD A BLAST AND SHANIA WAS RIGHT ON AND GREAT ENERGY!!! SET LIST ONLY HAD 3 SONGS FROM UP... IGGG- UP- AND FAFA WHICH WAS AWSOME... THE REST WAS FROM COO AND WIM... NO NEW WARDROBE AND ENDED WITH A CAROLINA PANTERS SHIRT....

GREAT INTERACTION WITH THE CROWD AND HAD THE CUTIEST BOY NAMED GEORGE UP TO SING IGGG.... GREAT MOMENT ... SHE ALSO JUMPED DOWN INTO THE AUDIENCE TO WISH A YOUNG FAN HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

STOLE A FANS VERY BEER.. REMARKED ABOUT HOW LARGE IT WAS AND WANTED TO KNOW "IF THEY SOLD IT FULL" ..DENIDE SOME HERSELF BUT THE BAND PASSED IT AROUND AND ANDY AND RANDAL ENJOYED IT THE MOST.... NEXT CONCERT 9 HOURS ... REPORT MORE LATER...

PS FINALLY GOT MY CAMERA IN AFTER 10 TRIES DEBBIE HAVING SMUGGLED IT IN HER BRA ( HINT GOOD PLACE TO HIDE IT ..BUT THE BATTERY DIED BUT HOPEFULLY DOC AND DEB HAVE SOME LATER...'
DEBBIE- SAS-CBSPOCK
Old 05-01-2004, 01:43 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

The show was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shania definitely took a lot of the songs down an octave or so - she didn't do much in the high range - so I guess she's trying to get her voice to last. I thought she sounded great for most of the show, but during TWIM, you could tell she's having voice problems.

During the show, JD was "flirting" with a girl in the front row. She had a "B" on her shirt and it caught his eye because that is the first letter of his last name. At one point, he walked to the edge of the stage and handed her his drum sticks.

Shania went into the audience to see one little girl. It was the girl's birthday. She asked the girl if she wanted to sing and she said no - she was too shy. As she was walking back to the stage, a little boy, George, said he wanted to sing. So, she took him up on stage and let him sing part of IGGG. He was great and very funny.

She also called up a grown woman who was wearing a shirt that said "Guilty" on the front. Shania said she liked it. She let her sing FTMO with her.

Do you guys know about "The Twain Gang" and Eric? The Twain Gang has been to 23 shows and Eric has been to like 27. She recognized both. She also asked Eric how many more shows that he would attend and he said 5. Shania then said, someone who works with this show, please find him and get him tickets to those shows - it's on us.

Shania didn't kneel down as much to sign stuff. When she did sign stuff, people rested the object on her upper leg for her to sign it. Or, she just signed it while they were holding it. Her signatures were pretty fast; she signed something for Doc and it looked like one squiggly line.

Chris had talked a bit to the people behind us before the show. After the show, they stopped him and said: I know why you go to so many shows - she was awesome! (or something like that)

Again, it was GREAT! Now, off to Raleigh!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:48 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Thanks for the great reviews Talk and sas! Sounds like everyone had a awesome & fabulous time! Like there was ever any doubt!

Mary R
Old 05-01-2004, 11:36 PM

Sas is letting me borrow her computer...

Well, we are back from the show. She sang the same songs as she did in Charlotte, except she left out the medley. Shania apologized for her voice. She mentioned this was the worst she has ever sang. She said she has a bad cold, and that she could not take antihistomies (sp) since she has a bad reaction to them. She said she would "fall off the stage" if she took them. Despite her apology for her voice, she really underestimated how she sounded. We thought she sounded better in Raleigh, then she did in Charlotte. Oh, Brent Barcus was not at the Raleigh show probably due to illness.

Some highlights from the show:

Well, I finally got Shania to scribble her signature in my tour book , and I do mean scribble.

Shania's nose was running so bad, she asked the audience for tissues. Shania got one, blew her nose, and Hardy shouted "ebay" everyone laughed. Shania commented that she needed to get tissues to match her outfits.

Shania's outfits:
She came out in a blue top, which "let it all hang out" Like the pink top in Charlotte. Let's just say Shania, had her own version "shock and awe" going on...lol

Second outfit flouresent pink top

The last outfit was the Hurricane jersey.

Oh, we found out that Shania thinks beer tastes like "ear wax", and why did she say this. Well, she mentioned kids pick their noses, and their ears and put those same fingers in their mouth. Well, while the crowd was "ewwwing" Shania laughed and said "I know this because my 2 1/2 year old like all 2 1/2 year olds picks his nose."

Overall, Shania did an awesome job at both shows.

-Chris

Last edited by sas : 05-01-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:46 AM

Yıkes, she talked a lot about dıfferent body lıquıds, I thınk.

BTW anthıstımosıs (or whatever, Doc knows Better) I thınk ıs agaınst allergıes. thıs ıs the >allergy season>, so sure Shanıa has a lot of problem, specıally ıf she can,t take medıcıne,s agaınst.
I also heard, that Atlanta ıs the worst place for peoples wıth allergıes ın the States.
Poor Shanıa.