Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
tower

Grand Rapids May 16th Concert Thread

Hi just wanted to start off the thread, anyone else from outside North America going?

I don't want to be the only one! Richard and myself are loose on the Town Sat. Night the 15th. Anyplace special we should "check out". I am staying at the Downtown Courtyard Marriot Hotel, right next to the statium...
Old 05-12-2004, 12:00 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts posted here after the concert. It's only your second. You started a great trend with your review of your previous concert, at outdoor Hyde Park near London, England, prior to the actual Up! tour. We've had almost nothing but great fan reviews in this forum ever since.

I've only seen one previous ST concert also, outdoors in Grant Park, Chicago. Unlike you, I still haven't finished writing the 2nd half of my review on that. I'm resisting any new promises about writing, until I finish up my previous ones.

So it's up to you and Resessions to wax eloquent again.

Bob
Old 05-12-2004, 12:25 PM

Have a SUPERB time, guys, you lucky things !!! Wish I could be there with you too !!!

We had such fun @ Hyde Park, didn't we Tom ? I distinctly remember getting burnt coz I didn't have any sun lotion ! Ah, not to worry, I'm back to being sickly pale again - LOL !

Can't wait to read your review Tom...... & don't miss anything out ok ?? I wanna know EVERYTHING !! hee hee !

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 05-12-2004, 06:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
I can feel it in my bones guys. When Shania see's the sign I made for Tom, I think she'll say "That does impress me much". You'll be up there in your klit and a smile that'll stretch from there to Timmins. How can she turn away a fan thats traveled over 12,000 miles from Antarctica after all????

At about the time you'll be landing in Grand Rapids Tom, I'll be in Ft. Wayne hearing Shania shout "Are you ready Ft. Wayne??!! I said are you ready??!!" I've got my own sign cooked up for that event. I really want to get her signature on the shirt signed by all of the fans who attended Fan/Con 1 in Timmins last year. I got my reasons for getting a signature on it. I was soooo star struck the last time she asked up to stage that all I could do was smile at her, but at least I had the presence of mind to have her sign Natasha's print for me. I want to Eilleen to how much her music makes the world a better place.

Anyway, Grand Rapids is going to be a blast. Looking forward to meeting any other fans who'll be there at that concert. Lets plan a get-together.

=The Timmins Shadow Dancer=
Old 05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace
Have a SUPERB time, guys, you lucky things !!! Wish I could be there with you too !!!

We had such fun @ Hyde Park, didn't we Tom ? I distinctly remember getting burnt coz I didn't have any sun lotion ! Ah, not to worry, I'm back to being sickly pale again - LOL !

Can't wait to read your review Tom...... & don't miss anything out ok ?? I wanna know EVERYTHING !! hee hee !

Yes you and me too (sickly pale that is). I did not get much in the way of Sunburn in Antarctica, though that can be a problem with the very low Ozone levels. My face did get brown, but it is a funny sort of weather beaten sun tan you get, not like the real thing and it faded away really quick.

I know you would love to be with us, so I will try my best to post a revue on Bobs laptop as soon as I can, but I can't work laptops as the keys do not fit my big hands.

Any YES we did have fun Grace, I hope I manage the Fan Convention, even though I have registered my job has to come first and right now I have no idea what will happen this August. I will pay the registration when I am in Timmins next week anyway and just hope I get the good of it.

YOU will have the trip of your lifetime Grace, and when it is all over, remember.... I TOLD YOU SO!

Richard (The SHADOW) has made me a sign of some sort, between that and my Kilt, I think Shania and Allison will know I am in the room for sure! Gosh I am getting hyper about seeing all the gang live again. What a shame BB will not be there though, he was so good.

My Kilt came back from the Dry Cleaners today, and it is just amazing how well it looks, it is OLDER than most who post on the Forum site (22 years old to be exact) and still looks great.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:22 PM

Tom,

Your kilt will get pressed really flat if you put my pc on your lap to do all your typing when you're here. It's a big desktop. But you'll have some time before we head off to Timmins a couple days after the concert in Grand Rapids. I think I have about 4 pc's here, 3 keyboards, 3 printers and 2 monitors. So we should be able to find a size that fits the hands of a great Scot.

I looked into renting a laptop for our trip so you can post while I'm driving the 12 hour route to Timmins. But there's too many problems with the ethically challenged ones, stealing software so rentals aren't feasible. Do you have a PDA with internet access? I still don't have one and remain uninformed about their Internet capabilities. I see the Senator/Days Inn has wireless Internet service in Timmins. But sounds like you have to have a laptop AND pay $9.xx/day for the connection. Our friends George and Teri at timminsweb will help us with Internet needs, however.

I've stayed at the Super 8 Motel, the Senator/Days Inn and now at the Bon Air Motel in Timmins, in 2001, 2003 and 2004; to see what each is like, and write a review for other members who visit there. Each has a distinct advantage. So far I like the Senator the best, but I've not seen the Bon Air yet.

Tom if you are on the high seas again in August and unable to attend the convention, after paying for it; some of us are trying to assist another exceptionally deserving fan. You could consider joining our effort if feasible and appropriate.

Bob
Old 05-13-2004, 05:29 AM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob

Tom if you are on the high seas again in August and unable to attend the convention, after paying for it; some of us are trying to assist another exceptionally deserving fan. You could consider joining our effort if feasible and appropriate.

Bob

Oh YES that would be a nice thing to do and if I don't make Fan Con 2004 take it as granted I will not be asking for a refund on my ticket! In fact I would even go as far as paying for the flights, if I can afford it.

I am really looking forward to meeting Teri and George again at Timmins Web Bob, so I am sure I will survive without mobile internet access. I will be staying in the Timmins Hotel, just up the road from the Days Inn. No on suite, but more than half the price! After all I am staying on until the 2nd of June and the accomodation will be a major part of my budget.

My last day in Scotland and I am hyper right now, can't think about anything for more than a few seconds before "Grand Rapids" pops into my brain and stops all further productive thoughts.

Well I guess Dear Eilleen has a song for every event, and right now Shania "You gotta a way with me" for sure. Ironic as it is, we have +16 deg C outside and a clear blue Sky... Last May run in Timmins it was like -1 deg C and snow!

Oh well, I love an adventure and Timmins is just that every time. Gosh Bob this is a great way to keep young, or young at heart anyway. I just love all this excitement and travel, especially to a City like Grand Rapids, which I have never been to before and then the drive north, Deerhurst, Huntsville and all these places I have read about but never been to.

Each with there own story and characters who will shape my life in there own little way. I do hope we meet loads of people from the board and forum message sites, that is half the fun of attending any Shania concert.

For I have said this many times, and I will say it again. As individuals Shania's fans are AMAZING... AS a GROUP they are simply AWESOME!
Old 05-15-2004, 05:18 PM

HI Guys, Tom here using Richard's Laptop and still logged in as him.

We have had a great day today, visted the Gerald Ford Museum and as we are both wearing our STC Lanyards, people stop and talk to us about Shania all the time.

We went to John Ball Zoo and was approached by fellow Shania fan Tina, who got all excited over our lanyards and though we had back stage passes or something like that!

We stood and talked for ages, told her all about the Fan Convention and what to expect on Sundays concert.

Tonight I am taking Richard to a nearby Dual . Piano Bar called Mojo's and I will have my Kilt on and they will have no doubt at all that Shania's fans are in town.

They had me up on stage last night and then played "Any man of mine" just for little old me!

Visted the Area and the tour buses and Trucks are parked out the Back and we pretty quickly found out where the band is staying as we saw a hotel bus pick someone up from one of the tour buses. Must go there is a cold beer someplace with my name on it.

PS you should see the brilliant sign Richard has made for me!
Old 05-15-2004, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
HI Guys, Tom here using Richard's Laptop and still logged in as him.

We have had a great day today, visted the Gerald Ford Museum and as we are both wearing our STC Lanyards, people stop and talk to us about Shania all the time.

We went to John Ball Zoo and was approached by fellow Shania fan Tina, who got all excited over our lanyards and though we had back stage passes or something like that!

We stood and talked for ages, told her all about the Fan Convention and what to expect on Sundays concert.

Tonight I am taking Richard to a nearby Dual . Piano Bar called Mojo's and I will have my Kilt on and they will have no doubt at all that Shania's fans are in town.

They had me up on stage last night and then played "Any man of mine" just for little old me!

Visted the Area and the tour buses and Trucks are parked out the Back and we pretty quickly found out where the band is staying as we saw a hotel bus pick someone up from one of the tour buses. Must go there is a cold beer someplace with my name on it.

Sounds great Tom. See you tomorrow morning.

Bob
Old 05-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions

Take a photo! and ROCK ON tomorrow night!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:11 AM

Tom and I had a FANtastic day today. I'm more thrilled that Tom (whom I consider a true blue fan in every sense of the word) will see an Up! concert than I am about the event. You can't be in the room with Tom and not have a good time.

In the spirit of things for tomorrows concert, we wore our Shania Twain Lanyards: mine with my 2003 convention pass attached and Tom with some sort of duel sided laminated card of Shania pictures. Anyway whether at museums, the zoo, in the shopping areas, hotel lobby, restaurants and bars we visited today/tonight, we were constantly asked about her concert tomorrow, had a chance to promote the up coming fan convention in Timmins andot sure even got mistaken often as "part of the tour". That later one posed some really amusing moments for Tom and me. One guy at one of the "Pubs" (as Tom calls them), would not believe us when we said we weren't with the group...he kept pointing to his very pregnant wife across the way and kept telling us we would make her day if we could only arrange tickets for them. He kept saying he just knew I was a decision maker and could arrange it. Tom and I got a big kick out of that one.

At any rate, we are really looking forward to seeing "Our Girl" perform here on Sunday night. Bob will be joining us sometime during the day. I probably won't be able to post a review until Monday evening.....Tom will be headed with Bob elsewhere after the concert and I need to drive back on Sunday night after the concert to be to Work on Monday morning....I'm certain my Up! CD will keep me Up! for that long late night drive. Keep your fingers crossed out there for Tom! I can't imagine Shania passing up Tom in his Kilt and with the sign he'll be holding. At the very least I know she'll see him and I know that'll make Toms' day. Like I said at the start of this post, Tom is a true blue fan.

Hold on to your seats Grand Rapids !!! We're here !!!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:27 PM
Board Administrator

Hopefully they post soon!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-16-2004, 10:34 PM
cross-stitching nut

Still waiting ~~~~~~

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 05-17-2004, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Still waiting ~~~~~~

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your support and interest. Tom's here but is a bit partied out and has gone to bed. He'll begin his tale tomorrow from here on my pc. He and Richard have a tale that should make your wait worth the while.

Bob
Old 05-17-2004, 01:52 AM

Can't wait...... !! Come on, Tom..... get up !!!!

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Post New Thread Reply