Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[•] Latest Shania News!
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Shania Twain Centre
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-21-2004, 11:34 PM

Columbus, OH 5-21-04 REVIEW and Pictures!

This concert was excellent! I am really tired, so here is a preview of what I will talk about in my full review within the next couple of days! lol

The set list was the same for the other shows on this leg. Shania's voice did sound different, almost chipmunk-like? It sounds really strained, I am really worried for her. Her regular talking voice even sounded different. I don't know.. The winner of the meeting Shania on stage because of donating to the food bank sang She's Not Just A Pretty Face with her daughter. Also a very touching moment. A younger child talked to Shania about how her sister played a Shania song and brought her out of a coma! Shania was very touched, as was the whole audience! Shania really connected with the audience, we were all up on our feet most of the time!

I sat 4th row and got 3 Shania scribbles on the Up! tour book, my Up! CD cover, and on my ticket stub. I also touched her hand! Oh, and she stole my sharpie! lol

Sorry everyone who I did not meet at the WCOL tent, I was involved in a car accident in the horrible weather, I rear ended a van.. Now that is horrible for me. As I am only 16, insurance is going to go UP! My jeep was damaged a little in the front, but I damaged the back door to the van pretty good

Hope you all enjoyed, I'll get back to a more detailed review later!

Oh, and pictures after I get them developed!!!

Last edited by spike : 05-22-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Board Administrator

The chipmunk like sound is the way they have her mike mixed. For Up! they seem to compress her voice. In NC she sounded like mini mouse, and so did anyone else who spoke in her mike.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Board Administrator

That kind of stinks about the car accident. At least everyone is okay, and you made it to the concert!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the review! Glad that you are OK.. What outfits did she have in concert?
Old 05-22-2004, 09:26 AM

Glad you're oke and enjoyed the show!
Old 05-22-2004, 09:31 AM

Thanks everyone! No one was hurt, which is really good!! You know, I was so shook up that I don't remember which outfits she wore, but they were similar to the ones she has been wearing. However, for the encore she wore OHIO STATE BUCKEYES jersey!!! The crowd went wild!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 09:34 AM

If it was the Buckeyes shirt, than Mary must be in seventh heaven now.
Probably that's why she did not posted yet.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
Mary here! I think I'm under Jessi's user's name, but here goes about the concert!

AWESOME!! I LOVED IT! And I think Jessi did too by all the yelling, screaming and jumping around she did!

spike so sorry about your accident, glad to hear that you and the other ones were ok. Wasn't that weather just aweful! It just poured, and was hailing. It was so bad for driving especially when you aren't familiar with the area. Let me tell you, I was sure doing my praying. And then when we missed getting in the turn lanes to get into the venue and had to backtrack to get back it was just aweful. But my prayers were answered, we made our way back and got into the parking. Had to take a dash for the arena, thank heavens for umbrella's!

Waited to see if anyone else showed up at our desinated meeting point, no one at first, so we checked out the arena, like where our seats were, got our Shania merchandise, ate, etc. Anyway! After getting back from all of that we returned to the desinated meet point still no one, but just as soon as Jess said guess no one is showing Up! We see Tee, Greg, the girls, Doc Bill, Deb and their kids and got introduced to another couple. Kirmmit and his wife I do believe. Was so nice seeing everyone. Had some good conversation.

Now to the review. Emerson Drive was good! Oh that lead singer sure is nice looking, sure has some good moves! After about a half hour of their music we played the waiting game till Shania time! But watching the setup was interesting. Talked to a couple of couples sitting on both sides of us, found out that they hadn't ever been to a Shania concert before. We told them that they were in for one awesome show!

Show time! Lights go out, the crowed starts screaming and yelling, the band members decend down to the stage, the music builds with Let's go, let's go! and then we hear "ARE YOU READY COLUMBUS?" Louder yelling and screaming then again "I SAID, ARE YOU READY COLUMBUS?!"
Of course you all know what comes next! Shania was awesome!
Shania's 1st outfit was black cargo pants with the diamond studs with a yellow tank top, 2nd outfit, same pants, with a hot pink top with sleeves. And here's the outfit I loved, and yep spike it was the BUCKEYES jersey (with the #4 on it) with a pair of real nice fitting jeans! And that jersey fit her so good! It wasn't one of those oversized one! Oh how I wish the pictures I had taken had turned out, the lighting just made such a glare for their faces and so forth that the pics didn't look good at all.
We'll try tonight! With 2 different cameras.

Well, I have to say, Shania sounded good to me, I didn't notice anything with her voice. Others I suppose did, but not me!
Shania went around the stage quite a few times, I went down a couple of times to get an autograph but to no prevail, someone else did, but I'll let her fill you in on that. The little bugger! I was so close to her. Such a beauty! Shania went down to the crowed a few times. Once in our area. Talking to a couple of girls, don't remember what about. Another time she was talking to a girl that told her something about her being in a coma and her sister played Shania's music everyday for her and that it brought
her out of the coma. Another time Shania spotted a family with little ones. Anyway, she just loved the 2 little ones and ask if they wanted to come on Up with her on stage. Shania carried the little boy and the girl held her hand as they went on up on stage. Don't know what the little girl said, but I heard Shania say, "well honey I can't carry both of you, you'll just have to walk up with me", or something to that sort. After getting back up on stage Shania then knelt down with the little one still on knee. They were so cute. Shania talked and asked them questions, the little one just kept laughing when Shania talked to him, of course that got her laughing and all the rest of us. She found out that the little boy was 3 yrs. and the girl was I think 4 years. Shania asked them if there was any songs that they knew the words to, don't know which one answered but we heard "Up! Up! Up!" Shania of course started singing and they sang along. Oh so cute!

Shania asked if there was anyone that knew the words to YSTO? Of course, everyone was yelling and waving. Shania said that if you got up there you had to know the words and sing. Well, the girl that got up didn't know a lot of the words, and she wasn't the best singer, but hey, she gets an A for effort! What a dream that had to be.

Before the two little kids got up on stage with Shania there was the drawing for the Food Bank charity raffle. A mother and daughter won. She asked them what was they favorite song that they wanted to hear. They wanted to hear SNJAPF! Can't remember all that was said but, the mother and daughter were going to sing the song, I think the daughter just froze, because the mother ended up singing the song. She did a fantastic job!

spike already mentioned the song selection so I won't get into that. I had a great time. Just love time with Shania. But it went by so quick. But hey, we got tonight! So I need to go get myself around for the Cincy concert. Hopefully the weather is better. And I really hope I can get some decent pictures tonight! But if not, I'll have my memories!

Cincy here we come!!!!

Mary R
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Rookie, my baby

Send a message via AIM to Kringlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to Kringlegirl
Least you didn't get hurt which is very good thing and you still made the show. Being human crash dummie isn't fun thing I would know from personal experience lucky for me my insurance didn't rise up since they totaled my car. I bought something that was 5 yrs older and I'm paying 20.00 bucks cheaper then the accident car. I should keep this in mind since there's huge storm coming once again on Tuesday the day I leave Moline. But all of sudden the day of the show is going to be all bright with overcast clouds.
Kringle-is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry that was first introduced to Racine and southeast Wisconsin in the late 1800's by Danish immigrant bakers. In its original form, it was a pretzel shaped, almond filled coffee cake.
-Andrea
Old 05-22-2004, 11:38 AM

I think Mary mentioned all of the things that I didn't! Some other things I noticed were how neat it was to see them set up the stage, and that there are guys up top by the lights who move the cameras, they sit there the entire time! Also the confetti blowers were cool. I didn't mention this but I had bought tickets for my chemistry teacher and his wife, and I saw them there! He and his wife were having a great time! I saw him look at the confetti blower, and I am sure he was thinking about the science involved with making it work! I am sure I will talk to him about it on Monday, and of course I'll let you guys know! Speaking of which, next week is my last week of my Junior year of high school. YEAAHHH!! What a way to end a school year: Shania concert and a car accident. The Shania concert of course was the better of the two!!!!

Some other things about the concert that I noticed were:

How does she get to that spot in the audience to sing The Woman in Me?? We saw a box rolling across the floor, and we weren't sure if that was her? Some woman yelled "WE LOVE YOU SHANIA!!" at the box, so that is why I am thinking that. But I don't know, I couldn't see her get out of it or anything. But I did see her going up the stairs to the spot to sing. The crowd was going wild!!!

The security actually was pretty nice. I think I was told once to get back to my seat, other than that, they never stopped me or anyone else from going up to the stage!

After the concert, the parking lots were crazy!!! :cool: My parents had to pick me and my friend up since my Jeep was not driveable because of the steering being screwed up. There was a motor home blasting Shania music!!! There were also a few cars blaring Shania music, and people singing as we were walking down the sidewalk.

Everyone I know had a great time at the concert and I know I will remember this day for the rest of my life!!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:55 AM

I am so glad you all had a fantastic time.

Shania and kids, people think they are having the time of their life, but Shania seems to be as happy with them as they are with her.
She has a crush on little ones...
Old 05-22-2004, 11:57 AM

Spike,

That box you saw them rolling did indeed contain Shania. That's how they wisk her away from the stage to the edge of the arena. Then she walks up the stairs with a burly security guard.

As for those guys up in rigging, they weren't operating cameras. They operate the flood lights on Shania during the concert. Let me also say that at least one of those guys, isn't a guy. There is at least one female in the crew. I saw her at least two or three times at the various shows I attended. There might even be a second girl, but I'm not sure.

Now for the cameras, there are a couple mounted on the stage itself, one at the edge of the floor area mounted up on a stand, and one or two hand held cameras with crews running around the stage as needed.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:55 PM

Oh ok, that seems to make more since now! lol

Wow, she must have been squashed in that box, I don't think I could do that!

I wonder how Mark gets up there to play the guitar with her?
Old 05-22-2004, 02:25 PM

Thanks Spike and Mary for your wonderful reviews of the concert! I am so glad also, Spike that you are alright and no one else got hurt! You guys probably got the bad weather we just had here in Wisconsin and where I live! I just love hearing about Shania interacting with the fans, especially the kids! She is so cute with them!! Can't wait to see pics, if you get any and I hope you have better weather tonight and a really fun time in Cincinnati!

Also, thanks for telling us about that box thing because I was wondering the same thing when I saw her in Milwaukee on the first leg of the tour! Being my first concert to see Shania, I was very impressed with everything she did and that confetti stuff was really something as was the streamers when she sang "Rock This Country"! I wish I could see her again because the show goes by so fast when you are trying to sing, take pics and take in everything else that goes on! Some of you guys are so lucky to see her more than once, but I will the next time she tours!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spike

Wow, she must have been squashed in that box, I don't think I could do that!

Well remember that our lovely Shania is pretty petite.

Quote:
Originally posted by spike
I wonder how Mark gets up there to play the guitar with her?

I can't speak as to how he gets off the stage, but I guess that we're distracted by something at the other end of the stage, when he leaves. Then he just strolls up on his own to the spot.

My very first concert for the UP! tour was in Boston last year. I was only two rows in front of where Shania came to sing. I saw him come walking up the stairs and settle onto the stool. I wasn’t quite sure what was coming, since it was my first concert, but when I next saw a couple of security guards coming, I figured that meant Shania was headed my way. Sure enough, she was.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Post New Thread Reply