Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-03-2004, 09:45 AM

Are You Ready, Green Bay?

You know she'll wear Brett Favre's #4, but will she wear a Cheesehead?

Look for Shania Twain to be way up for tonight’s Up! World Tour stop at a sold-out Resch Center. The 38-year-old pop-country diva is coming off more than a week’s rest since her last show May 25 in Omaha, Neb., which means she should be all over the in-the-round stage for bouncy hits like “Any Man of Mine,’’ “I’m Gonna Getcha Good!,’’ “Man! I Feel Like a Woman,’’ “(If You’re Not in It for Love) I’m Outta Here!’’ and “Honey, I’m Home.’’ Twain has tapped the equally slick crossover sound of Emerson Drive as her opener. The Canadian boy band will no doubt plug its sophomore release, “What If?,’’ due out June 29. Fans who have been clinging to their tickets since they went on sale last December can stretch out the concert experience by attending a pre-show party from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. outside the Resch, where the drinks will be on ice and the burgers on the grill. Twain is not expected to attend, but you never know, the smell of a Wisconsin brat over hot coals could prove irresistible. Doors at 5:30 p.m., show at 7 p.m.; Resch Center; sold out.

— Kendra Meinert/Press-Gazette

Leave it to the home of the Packers to hold a Shania tailgate party!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Board Administrator

I guess we shouldn't tell them that she's a vegetarian. I bet the band shows up though..lol

-chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Re: Are You Ready, Green Bay?

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
but will she wear a Cheesehead?

That would be the best wallpaper for my computer..LOL!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Board Administrator

Re: Re: Are You Ready, Green Bay?

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
That would be the best wallpaper for my computer..LOL!

If she does, I hope someone takes a good picture of it. Maybe the band will come out wearing them.

-Chris

Old 06-03-2004, 08:18 PM

You are so right, tides24! I live about two hours from Green Bay and I'm a big Packers fan and we do have tailgate parties! On my way home from work tonight, the Green Bay country station WNCY were outside the Resch Center having that party and also on television tonight at 5:00 on the local CBS Green Bay news, they were interviewing Brad Mates from Emerson Drive! He said he was glad to see our nice weather because they haven't had too much lately on the tour, it was 70 degrees, he also talked about how the band has enjoyed touring with Shania and about their new CD coming out the end of June! They didn't show any Shania though, so I'll have to watch again at 10:00 or in the morning!
Old 06-04-2004, 04:29 AM

Shania's UP to the Challange

Country megastar Shania Twain performed Thursday night at the Resch Center in Ashwaubenon. Evan Siegle/Press-Gazette

Last edited by Jud : 06-04-2004 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Banned

No article/review to go with the pic? I can't find anything online.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/

- Tommy
Old 06-04-2004, 10:48 AM

Fan review from the Official Fan Club message board

I agree that the show in Green Bay was great!!! I touched her two times and got a jersey and picture signed by her. She is so devoted to her fans!! Everytime she walked around the stage the crowd swarned the stage and she was gracious and touched as many hands as possible and also signed a lot of autographs. She picked out 2 little girls from my section and brought them on stage and was so sweet with them. She is such a class act!!! I did notice a little bit of struggle with her voice, but she is such a great performer that it didn't even matter. She was awesome!!!! I have never had a better experience. I saw her in Milwaukee and the security was a little tight, but tonight I felt like she felt safe and was all about letting her fans get close to her!! I will remember tonight forever!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 03:14 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Re: Shania's UP to the Challange

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud

Country megastar Shania Twain performed Thursday night at the Resch Center in Ashwaubenon. Evan Siegle/Press-Gazette

Oh my what a shot!!! Does this gal look great on stage or what?

Steve
Old 06-04-2004, 03:18 PM

I took today off from work and I was listening to WNCY this morning to see if they would say anything about the show and this one guy called in and said he saw her three times from the "Up" tour and he really enjoyed the show last night and this woman called in and said she was in the same section as Shania when she sang "The Woman In Me" as was the DJ I was listening to this morning and he said his heart was just pounding! The woman said the same thing too! It sounded like she put on an awesome show, but I do think she is really struggling with her voice because they showed a clip of Shania singing "Up" on the late news last night and I could tell her voice didn't sound good! She is one class act and she really cares about her fans, but I think I'll be glad when Shania is done touring because if she is having this much vocal trouble, I don't want her to ruin her voice permently!

I also haven't seen any reviews or articles on the show from last night either! This lady that I work with went to the show, so I will have to ask her all about it!

Last edited by Cheryl : 06-04-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Board Administrator

Re: Re: Shania's UP to the Challange

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
Oh my what a shot!!! Does this gal look great on stage or what?

Steve

From any direction too...lol

-Chris

Old 06-04-2004, 10:49 PM

The entertainment page hasnt been updated on the local newspaper site
Old 06-05-2004, 03:08 AM

Shania gets her rah-rahs out at the Resch

By Kendra Meinert
kmeinert@greenbaypressgazette.com

It wasn’t so much a concert as it was a giant pep rally, and Shania Twain was the head cheerleader.

The 38-year-old pop superstar — yes, pop; Kid Rock is more country — had a sold-out crowd at the Resch Center pumped up from the moment she came bounding on stage in high-glam capris, an orange tank top over a blue one, high-top tennies (one with orange laces, the other with blue) and some serious bling.

“Are you ready, Green Bay?’’ she shouted out before singing her first number. “I said, ‘Are you ready, Green Bay?’’’

The crowd of 10,019 — second only to Elton John as the arena’s largest — responded as it did all night: wildly enthusiastic for whatever the best-selling female artist of all time did, said or sang from a sprawling in-the-round stage.

She led them in cheers of “YEAH!’’ She called in 12 drummers from Suamico’s Bay Port High School and Appleton’s Xavier High School marching bands for a super-sized take on “(If You’re Not in It for Love) I’m Outta Here!’’ She rolled out pyro, confetti and, predictably, a Packers jersey.

When her band scooped her up for their pre-encore exit, you half expected them to form a pyramid and toss her in the air.

What’s a pep fest without peppy songs? They just so happen to be Twain’s specialty, thanks to husband, rock producer Robert John “Mutt’’ Lange. The high-gloss pop anthems he helped her lay down in the studio came off equally so in a concert in which the hooks were as big as the production.

Twain and her eight-person band made sure they put the exclamation points in songs like “I’m Gonna Getcha Good!,’’ “Up!’’ and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman.’’

It was a nice change of pace when she showed up in a seat in the mezzanine with an acoustic guitarist to do a pretty “The Woman in Me (Needs the Man in You’’). It was one of the few moments when the night felt like it was about the music, not the spectacle of the show.

To her credit, a warm and gracious Twain made it a fan-friendly evening. She called two 5- and 8-year-old girls up on stage — there were lots of little girls in pigtails in the audience — for a sweet sing-along segment and posed for a photo with a couple who won a pre-show charity raffle.

She routinely did laps around the outer edge of the stage, each time sparking a mad dash of fans clamoring for a high-five or an autograph. It was a nice gesture from an artist of Twain’s magnitude, but she overused it.

Twain had to put her voice on automatic pilot as she dealt with the fan frenzy. While she was off on one side of the stage with fans, it was up to her rock-ready band — three fiddle players, three guitarists, a keyboardist and drummer decked out in everything from P.O.D. T-shirts to Rolling Stones guitar straps — to carry the ball.

By night’s end, the circus of watching fans trying to get up to the stage felt a little like it became the show, detracting from a set that ran a rather skimpy 90 minutes for an $82 top ticket.

Fellow Canadians Emerson Drive opened by setting the night’s slick, pop-country crossover tone. The young sextet (think Rascal Flatts x 2) worked some warp-speed magic on “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” but a bombastic version of “Fishin’ in the Dark,’’ followed by a cover of U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name,’’ made for an ugly pileup of musical boundaries.

As for Twain, if the Green Bay Packers ever decide to host a major concert at Lambeau Field, her undeniable and wide-spanning appeal Thursday night proved she just might be the woman for the job. She already has the Brett Favre jersey.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com..._16391601.shtml
Old 06-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Re: Shania gets her rah-rahs out at the Resch

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
When her band scooped her up for their pre-encore exit, you half expected them to form a pyramid and toss her in the air.

LOL!