Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-20-2002, 01:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Laser250

my thinking is she wanted to take the focus off her killer looks/outfits, and what better place to experiment than the David Letterman show? But that bit about her working in the "Canadian Bush"...that was priceless... the crowd action, and Shania's reaction "why is that funny?"...with her priceless quizical look...man, I loved that.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:22 AM

ALL ,WE AND MY LOVE,YUKARI,CAN SAY IS WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
NOW WE BOTH,LIKE THE RED VERSON THE BEST. UNBELIEVIBLE.WOW.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:18 AM

Attention all UK Fans.

We can see that Letterman show is on ITV2 tonight at 12:30 am!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 07:54 AM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
'Why is that funny?' Working in the bush isn't funny Typical audience neeeded to wake up. Shania wasn't saying anything funny...Lordie...Anyway I saw Shania tonight she looked great as usaual, Shania is up again....Go Shania so them what you go babe.....brb...WOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Shania Sang Great LIVE. So glad to see Shania back

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys
Old 11-20-2002, 10:01 AM

R there any screen shots to get my appitite going (I am seeing it 2nite)
Old 11-20-2002, 10:16 AM
Who's On First?

The audience was composed of people from all over the country and the world probably - I doubt New Yorkers were in the majority in that audience - her bush comments were taken out of context I am sure - you cannot have a meaningful conversation on the Letterman show and Shania proved it.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
The audience was composed of people from all over the country and the world probably - I doubt New Yorkers were in the majority in that audience - her bush comments were taken out of context I am sure - you cannot have a meaningful conversation on the Letterman show and Shania proved it.

I have always found the Letterman show to be moronic and unfunny. I much prefer Leno. He is mean to celebs in his monologues but fairly kind in his interviews and is a smoother interviewer. Above all, he is funny and his show is fun.

JMO

Roger
Old 11-20-2002, 11:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

and all the dumb New Yorkers in the audience laughed at her working in the bush story. I am ashamed to be from New York.

-Chris

I had no idea why they considered that to be so funny. Honestly, I didn't really like the David Letterman show last night. I mean, Shania was great, but David Letterman himself and the audience just flat out got on my nerves! I've never really liked Daivd Letterman...I've always preferred Jay Leno. I thought the band looked and sounded GREAT! Where was Allison and Andy though?

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 11-20-2002, 11:30 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

A Copy of My Reply to the Official Fan Club Messageboard

This was my post to the ST FC. I thought I would share it with you:

======

Wow!!!!!! After watching our "Bush" lady last night, I am wondering why I gave up hunting! LOL!

Seriously, Shania was just awesome on Letterman. She handled Dave's weird remarks that he always makes to his guests with her usual charm and wit; and with her performance, she showed why it was so worth waiting for her to return. I played all of "UP" yesterday, and I am becoming very comfortable with it. I think for the most part the songs are a little deeper than most of COO. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is that there seems to be only one really nice ballad, the last one, "When You Kiss Me."

I also think as I watched the show how Shania's appearance has changed from her early days. She's more sophisticated looking now, i.e., she's showing a little of the European influence in her attire. I think it's great. I'd hate to see her still running around with boots and a Stetson all the time. She's mixing it "UP" quite well.

This "is" an excellent album whether it comes close to COO in fame and sales, only time will tell. However, I agree with Shania in that this is probably her best work to date. One thing I notice in particular is that she seems more comfortable than ever with her songs this time around. This tells me that she loves what she is doing and is not concerned what critics will say. That is good news for us her fans because we are the ones who benefit in that we get "Classic Shania, not "What the Record Company says you must do Shania."

Good luck Shania you deserve a lot of credit for your effort on this your 4th album. I see you as a future Grammy. Whoops, sorry that's a few years off yet. LOL! I meant I see you holding a Grammy or two, maybe a CMA to go along with an AMA, a WMA and a People's Choice Award to boot. Regardless, good things have started to happen for Shania again, and the way I see it, we, her true fans will share in her ups as well as downs. After all, should we have it any other way?

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 11-20-2002 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Regardless, good things have started to happen for Shania again, and the way I see it, we, her true fans will share in her ups as well as downs.After all, should we have it any other way?

N A H !
Old 11-20-2002, 11:42 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I for one really liked Shania's wardrobe. She doesn't really have to look like a "Bay Watch Babe" every time, does she?

Steve
Old 11-20-2002, 11:45 AM

I must confess... I did not like the outfit at ALL. Loved the boots, though. But you know what? I SO DON'T CARE what she wears, I'm just thrilled to see her! Period! She sounded awesome, handled herself beautifully, and that's what counts in the long run.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
GREAT post Steve!!!!!! You said it all there!

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 11-20-2002, 12:33 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
I must confess... I did not like the outfit at ALL. Loved the boots, though. But you know what? I SO DON'T CARE what she wears, I'm just thrilled to see her! Period! She sounded awesome, handled herself beautifully, and that's what counts in the long run.

I agree Sheri, I wondered if there was a flood somewhere in NY? HaHa And what were the 'strings' hanging off the arms or wrist of that shirt? Everytime she moved she hit herself with them. But like you I don't care what she wears I'm just glad to see her. She did sound great and as always handled herself like the lady that she is!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 11-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
N A H !

but you mean NAH blue version or green version?