Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-20-2002, 08:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bmac Send a message via AIM to bmac
Tricia and I caught Shania on Letterman last night. It was pretty funny when Dave asked her if she was doing roadwork. If you didn't see the show, Shania showed up in a bright orange bubble vest. The crowd of mostly young men also had a huge laugh when Shania unwittingly gave a "sexual innuendoed" answer to one of Dave's questions. Once Shania realized what she'd said, she seemed to have a good laugh right along with them.

As for Shania's performance, Tricia both agree that she seemed to struggle a bit. I don't know what's going on with Shania's voice, but she seems to have trouble with the high notes on fast paced songs. I'm concerned because Shania's voice was definitely weakened toward the end of her tour. I thought that her voice would have completely recovered by now, but I can't help but notice the difficulties she is having in the two live performances I have heard so far.

What did you think?
Old 11-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bmac
I'm concerned because Shania's voice was definitely weakened toward the end of her tour. I thought that her voice would have completely recovered by now, but I can't help but notice the difficulties she is having in the two live performances I have heard so far.

What did you think?

I have had a chance to see most of Shania's performances on the European TV shows in October...in all of them except one she sang live..and she was great..Her performances were very good, her voice was strong and she was very confident... she was singing the pop version of IGGG the all time...
I think last night she had a more nasal voice...I do not know why..but I noticed that she was a bit overdressed...she had the sweater and the orange vest on..and the hat...maybe she was cold...but the voice I heard in most of her European perfomances was a very strong one...even better than the Shania voice I was used to hear.....
Old 11-20-2002, 10:45 PM

First off, I'm a Letterman fan vs. Leno, but I thought Dave was a bit harsh. Even he admitted earlier in the show he was tired and cranky. Anyway, Shania was great and I thought her performance was terrific. Often those live performance in TV studios don't come off very well. Her's was great.

As far as the outfit is concerened, I liked it-especially the hat. Actually the outfit was a perfect choice the Letterman studio is notoriously COLD.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:14 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Erich
First off, I'm a Letterman fan vs. Leno, but I thought Dave was a bit harsh. Even he admitted earlier in the show he was tired and cranky. Anyway, Shania was great and I thought her performance was terrific. Often those live performance in TV studios don't come off very well. Her's was great.

As far as the outfit is concerened, I liked it-especially the hat. Actually the outfit was a perfect choice the Letterman studio is notoriously COLD.

Hey former Sayville resident..lol

I think letterman keeps it in the low 50's or something like that.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-21-2002, 01:47 AM

She even said something about wanting to stay warm. I thought she sounded fine. And I agree, FV, listening to her performances in Europe, I was very impressed with the strength in her voice. Nobody sounds their best at the CMA's.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Laser250
Shania Rocks...er Country Swings...um...Eastern Meditates?

Wow...what a great, original (I think), brilliant idea...the 3 versions of her CD. And what a deal...she includes 2 for each sale, and we can download the third for free on the internet. What a classy gal...my hats off to Shania.

Just a side note...My wife calls her my girlfriend...by my wife is also a classy gal, and doesn't mind at all, cuz she knows that Shania doesn't get to sleep with me....nah nah nahhhhh nah
nahhhhhhhhhh!
Old 11-21-2002, 04:57 AM

David Letterman!! OH mi god!

Weeeeeeeeelll, I saw David Letterman last night with the lovely Ms Twain, and apart from that "bush" remark which is also a known "word" 'over here in Blighty, there was something that amazed me about our lady.

She is really the first singer I have seen who has made me rewind the video to see if she is miming to the song! I mean, he singing was exactly like the single!!! She has preformed three times over here in Limey Land and everytime I have had to look closer to see if she is live or miming - and its live!!!

I bet those chaps in Nashville who said that she was a studio creation are looking a bit red faced!

Nice one ST!

(not too sure about the trousers thought or pants if you are a state side reader)
Old 11-21-2002, 05:36 AM

Re: David Letterman!! OH mi god!

Quote:
Originally posted by IanB

She is really the first singer I have seen who has made me rewind the video to see if she is miming to the song! I mean, he singing was exactly like the single!!! She has preformed three times over here in Limey Land and everytime I have had to look closer to see if she is live or miming - and its live!!!

I remember on one of the award shows, I think it was the grammys, she was not going to perform unless she COULD do it live. It seems most, if not all the pop stars at that time did their thing on tape. It made the news for quite awhile. I think that was back in 1997, somewhere in that period. Anyway, thats really when I started to appriciate the total talent package of Shania, and it still amazes me each time she performas live, because I know, it is live..:cool:
Old 11-21-2002, 07:04 AM
Board Administrator

Wish they had a better picture, but this is from Letterman's website.

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/exclusives/wahoo/

SHANIA TWAIN: She’s living in Switzerland. She has a 14-month old son named Eja (asia). She’s sold over 50 million albums worldwide. She’s been performing as a singer on stage since she’s been 8. Later in the show she’ll sing a song from her brand-new CD, Up!

SHANIA TWAIN: Who dat? Why dat’s Shania Twain, of course! And singing “I’m Gonna Getcha Good” from her CD, “Up!”

---------

-Chris

Old 11-21-2002, 09:22 AM

Shania Looked & Sounded Great

I watched Shania on Letterman, then watched it again yesterday on tape. She looked Great! I thought the laughter response she received during the interview was rude and immature.

Her performance was great too! As always in live performances there seemed to be a problem with the audio, but her voice was great.

detfan
Old 11-21-2002, 01:20 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Sorry, I like Jay better and my wife likes Dave, so we share them. Personnally, I think Jay is funnier and more friendly to his guests. My wife loves Dave's Top 10 List. I like that too. Actually I taped it that night. I don't think it was just because of Heidei Klum. LOL!

One thing that is still bugging me and I guess I'll have to go back and see if I can find a good place to pause the tape. Shania had something written or imprinted on the left side of her hat. I couldn't seem to see it long enough to ID it, but I thought it said "Twain", but I'm probably wrong.

As far as Shania's voice? I love her voice, but I also think she doesn't use her full potential sometimes. For example, the last song from UP, When You Kiss Me, she could really let it out at the end of the verses, etc. She doesn't do that very much. She has pretty good vibrato when she wants to, I've heard it in her early work. I don't expect her to sound like Celine or Mariah, but it's like sometimes she doesn't really get closure in the song, and then sometimes she does seem to. Maybe I'm just rambling on. I will say this though. I am beginning to love this album, and overall, her voice sounds great.

Steve
Old 11-21-2002, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

Hey former Sayville resident..lol

-Chris

I have many fond memories of growing up in Sayville. It's my Timmins.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:27 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Erich

I have many fond memories of growing up in Sayville. It's my Timmins.

LMAO!!

-Chris

Old 11-21-2002, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Vid-Caps!

Here are video-captures of the show...A HUGE Thanks to Ford for making them! Here's Shania talking to Dave...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg letterman2.jpg (54.5 KB, 390 views)
Old 11-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Here's Shania showing Dave her belly button...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg letterman3.jpg (51.1 KB, 284 views)