Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Shania on TV in May: List of Appearances

http://shaniatwain.com/news_archive...151&sectionID=1

Shania Twain TV Appearances for May 21/04/2011 8:00am

Shania Twain will be promoting her upcoming autobiography, From This Moment On, and her TV series, Why Not? w/Shania Twain, all across your dial this May!

Look for more shows and dates to come!

OPRAH May 3
THE TODAY SHOW May 4
ELLEN May 12
THE TALK May 18
-----------------------------------------------------
For now no View and no late shows...?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

That's great.

Steve
Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 AM

I'm assuming the taping for the Oprah Show has been completed. Anyone know of anyone who was at the taping?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

I read somewhere that the taping was the 28th of this month. Who knows if that's true though.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Board Administrator

Episode 1 according to my DVR will cover their parents death.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 04-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Sounds interesting.

Steve
Old 04-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Re: 'Why Not? With Shania Twain' - New TV show announced

Air Date: Sunday 5/8

Us Rating: **

Wracked by fame's pressures, Shania Twain quit performing in 2004. In this reality trek, she tries to confront her demons (including her 2008 divorce, when her husband left her for her BFF) and inspire others. For starters, she discusses her parents' untimely deaths, then meets siblings who recently lost their own moms and dads. Twain's heart is in the right place, but viewers might ask, Why not just a special? As a series, her trail of tears is more exhausting than uplifting. (OWN, 11 P.M.)

ic/news/review--why-not-with-shania-twain-2011254
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Administrator

ShowBiz Tonight on HLN airing at 11 PM ET also has announced a segment on Shania's tell all book....I do not know whether they got to interview her though....
Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Board Administrator

May 12 -More Shania on TV

Shania will be on Extra, Access Hollywood, Ellen and E! News Thursday, May 12th promoting her autobiography FROM THIS MOMENT ON and her docu-series WHY NOT? WITH SHANIA TWAIN.

-Chris

Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Ever since I became a fan back in 1998, and read bios on Shania, I always felt there was something much deeper in her childhood than we were ever going to know about. Watching this show and reading the autobio have confirmed that, and how! It is simply amazing how she has survived considering all that went on when she was growing up. I have the utmost respect for where she's been and where I am sure she is going now. I will never forget what she said when CTV did that movie on her life "Shania, A Life In Eight Albums", She said something like: "they will never get it right, they can't because they really don't know what happened". I am nearly half-way through the book now, and I have to admit that Eilleen Twain has got a lot of guts to share her very tough life growing up with the world.

I think if I remember right, that in the Behind The Music episode for Shania, it told about a couple [can't remember their names] who took her to Nashville before Mary Bailey and on the way home, the wife literally threw Shania out of the car. To someone not familiar with Shania, they would probably look at her as a spoiled brat. But, in reading this book, you see that, yeah maybe she was a little testy in those days, but going through what she did as just a kid you can see why she might act that way. I'm not judging her for this, I'm just saying now I can understand where she was coming from. It's also obvious she was well on her way to her throat closing up long before Nashville, Mutt and divorce.

Steve
Old 05-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Ever since I became a fan back in 1998, and read bios on Shania, I always felt there was something much deeper in her childhood than we were ever going to know about. Watching this show and reading the autobio have confirmed that, and how! It is simply amazing how she has survived considering all that went on when she was growing up. I have the utmost respect for where she's been and where I am sure she is going now. I will never forget what she said when CTV did that movie on her life "Shania, A Life In Eight Albums", She said something like: "they will never get it right, they can't because they really don't know what happened". I am nearly half-way through the book now, and I have to admit that Eilleen Twain has got a lot of guts to share her very tough life growing up with the world.

I think if I remember right, that in the Behind The Music episode for Shania, it told about a couple [can't remember their names] who took her to Nashville before Mary Bailey and on the way home, the wife literally threw Shania out of the car. To someone not familiar with Shania, they would probably look at her as a spoiled brat. But, in reading this book, you see that, yeah maybe she was a little testy in those days, but going through what she did as just a kid you can see why she might act that way. I'm not judging her for this, I'm just saying now I can understand where she was coming from. It's also obvious she was well on her way to her throat closing up long before Nashville, Mutt and divorce.

Steve

Driven was the name of the special. I wonder what is in the parts of the book she had to edit out to keep it readable.

Her throat problems started to re-occur with the pressure of doing TV appearances. She got anxious, nervous. The live shows at that point were still in her comfort zone.

-Chris

Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Yeah, but I think it was on Oprah she indicated probably her problems started long before when her young life was so tragic and it just kept going that way until it finally came to the crisis we all know now. I can't remember things now since I am getting input from so many sources, but she also indicated her voice problems were evident during the COO tour as well. I don't know. I thought she sounded fine there. I guess she should know. All I can say is that she was really having a hard time when I saw her in Montreal on the UP Tour. Her voice was really rough.

Steve
Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Board Administrator

All these appearances, she is making up for lost time.

-Chris

Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Administrator

The interview on E! News was good, at the very end of the show, about 3 minutes long. Shania said Oprah encouraged her, that she had lost the will to live, but did not contemplate suicide and that she now has the understanding to possibly forgive Mutt.......