Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Here's a large version of the small Shania pic on the US cover..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timecover.jpg (32.9 KB, 931 views)
Old 12-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Here's a large version of the small Shania pic on the US cover..
Simply gorgeous photograph of Shania!
Old 12-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Board Administrator

Nice pictures. Too bad I won't be buying it. I am not going to support a magazine that has totally ripped Shania.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-02-2002, 04:27 PM
Men are like shoes...

I'm sad! But don't worry guys! Like Shania has said if all of this was taken from her tommorrow, it would be ok, she would be content and happy. But you know what folks, THAT TIME HASN'T CAME YET. I just love her to death. She would never abandon us. She has a new album for pete's sake! She would record a new album if she didn't want to perform anymore. Even if Mutt asked her to, she would make her own decision. She made the decision to come back to her fans. I think thats pretty freakin special. There is no artist like her. She is the real deal. She is frank in your face. She is genuine. Shania loves her fans, that is why she is doin this. Like she said she is havin fun. So are you gonna believe the Time magazine or Shania herself? I'm very proud of the administration. I hope you tell Time magazine. Show them that Shania fans fight back. Heck they can come interview us! We know more about her than they ever will. It's just there loss.

As in the words of Shania:

I'm gonna hold on
Cause what I believe is so strong
No matter how long , no one
Can tell me I'm wrong- I AIN'T GOIN DOWN!!!!!

PS: FV,
CAN YOU POST THAT PIC OF SHANIA ON THE COUCH FROM TIME MAG.
THANKS

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 12-02-2002, 04:45 PM
Administrator

OOOps..missed that one..

I had missed another photo of Shania from the Table of contents page of the magazine... This photo says 80 (the page where the article starts...) "Shania Twain rules the charts, but she refuses to rest on her laurels....Once again another GREAT photo by Uli Webber! Shania is laying on a couch with a different dress on..
Tank: I will post the large pic from the couch with this new one when this issue of the magazine is off the newstands......I am posting only the cover pic and one small one for now....there are a bunch of other Shania photos in the issue....
Old 12-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Who's On First?

Re: OOOps..missed that one..

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
I had missed another photo of Shania from the Table of contents page of the magazine... This photo says 80 (the page where the article starts...) "Shania Twain rules the charts, but she refuses to rest on her laurels....Once again another GREAT photo by Uli Webber! Shania is laying on a couch with a different dress on..
Tank: I will post the large pic from the couch with this new one when this issue of the magazine is off the newstands......I am posting only the cover pic and one small one for now....there are a bunch of other Shania photos in the issue....
...that is awful considerate of you.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:01 PM
Music Lover

Typical for Time

You know, time and time again (no pun intended), this rag - along with it's main stream counterparts - misrepresents/distorts the truth - usually they stick to distorting politics - conforming to their liberal, elitist biases. This time they have to libel an international superstar because it's more sensantional - thus selling more copies. I've never trusted Time - and this is another good reason.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:10 PM
Who's On First?

They will sell less since Shania took back seat to arthritis.

And because they pissed off millions of her fans.

Many of whom are just realizing it.

And because Shania took a back seat also to Bin Laden, Bush and Lord of the Rings!

Just a little food for thought!
Old 12-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Men are like shoes...

Well, I think or at least I hope that people won't really pay much attention to this article. Like Bryce said in the other thread she might be preparing us for her retirement. I don't know about that. She still has 3 or 4 years with this album if it does really good. And so far it looks like it will. So you never know. But it's definitley not happening now. Not when she has this record. Like he also said, she has said that it was her mother's dream and she would rather be Stevie Wonder's backup singer in the past. People really never paid attention to that. It's nothing new, but the way that Time stated it, Shania would never say it like that in her words, or at least I think. Defintley not the perforiming thing.

Old 12-02-2002, 07:29 PM
Bryce

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Like Bryce said in the other thread she might be preparing us for her retirement. I don't know about that. She still has 3 or 4 years with this album if it does really good.

I agree its not going to happen tomorrow. I'm sure she will fulfill her contractual obligations to Mercury. Question is how many more albums does her contract call for? I can see a greatest hits & Christmas CD's being two of them and maybe a live CD. That may just do it folks. Who knows like I said in the other thread Shania may not know yet. We may be reading more into her comments than is actually there.

Now what Time printed does appear to be a direct quote. If its not they have severly misquoted her. We also don't know if Shania added more to the comment, that the writer chose to leave out because it wouldn't have had as sensational an impact. If he did, thats just as bad as misquoting someone.

Bryce
Old 12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Men are like shoes...

Quote:
We also don't know if Shania added more to the comment.

Exactly!

I was reading that part just a minute ago again on the Time website. It almost sounded like she said something before that. Like if they asked her if it was all gone tomorrow or something in that context. Just reading it over made me realize that. She might have said it, but they just took that part out. I think they make it sound like she does not like it at all. Which I don't think is the case at all. In any case, it's wrong. It needs to be corrected. It's just a little comment. I don't think the general public is going to really pay that close attention to it. It just gets worse when the freakin media gets their paws on it and runs like the dickens!!!!!

Old 12-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Men are like shoes...

I am watching the repeat of the Shania In London show. Shaina made these comments. Which I think is so sweet, here's what she said.

"When I go on stage and see the fans looks on their faces I know what I'm doing is worth doing."

That was when Katie asked her about touring in 2003.

"I think this might be the most exciting time in my career. I am genuienily(sp?) excited. I think this is the best work of my career."

Now isn't that the Shania we know!!

Old 12-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Shania's #1 Fan in MA.

WHERE'S THE PICTURE FROM INSIDE THE ARICLE?iT'S BEAUTIFUL WITH HER PINK SHIRT ON ,ONE SLEEVE LONG THE OTHER ON HER SHOLDER?
Oops I had Cap lock on
I wish I had a scanner!!!!!! I did buy the magazine,but only for the pictures!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IanB

She has also denied that no sex thing, cos how the hell did she have Eja ? (??)

By autosuggestion, of course. She’s a member of the Sant Mat, she meditates for hours, therefor if she concentrates really well, she’s able to levitate, have babies, telepathically influence people to buy her records, put an end to world hunger, save peace on earth and control the universe, all-in-wonder. That fellow is worse than the last Star Wars movie.

What can Q-Prime do to minimize this damage, without having Shania step more aggressively into the spotlight and say “no, I’m not like what they said, I’m like that”, etc.? I’m not sure she is willing to do it at this point. The problem is she pays a big price from trying to be honest every time she is being in an interview, and it’s almost impossible to keep a 100% straight line and be consequent to a certain idea if you yourself are not totally committed to that idea. We’ve been talking about how it’s possible she has reached a certain saturation, so committing even more to repairing some image damage might not be what she is willing to do at this moment. If along the way the opportunity comes to clear her image as much as she can, she is going to take it, but it’s obvious if someone wants to write a distorting article as this one, it will always have the material to do it.

And Doc’s problem is that at this point this isn’t helping her motivation at all, in fact it’s doing more and more damage if this line continues.

Could you please post any eventual message before sending it to the Time?
Old 12-02-2002, 09:45 PM

I’ve re-read the article right now. It’s very possible the author wasn’t the one who was with Shania in France, it was another guy there who just brought the recording to his boss, who now had the material to write his article. There is no chronology of things, he felt it was unimportant, so he went to text analysis. She was honest in what she said back in France, and weeks later they take those comments and make a mockery of what she said. He disregarded any context of any discussion, also refraining from any direct remarks directed at her, but using cheap ironies and sarcasm to induce a certain state in the reader’s mind. The problem is that the quotes used in the article to back the ironies simply are not powerful enough to do that. She didn’t give enough things to allow them to see a big contradiction in her own words. So they resort to saying things like she didn’t want to talk about Eja, and later she picked the subject again. Forgive me, but that is lame. She uses formal and syllogistic phrases? Of course she does, formal implies routine, and she has been asked the same questions so many times it is logical to have developed a routine for it. Not to use formal answers would be counterproductive, not to mention irrational.

To me the more the author dug into his bag of elevated words wrapping cheap ideas, the more he proved his lack of understanding not only of Shania, but human nature in general. And if we don’t understand it, it has to be wrong...

Speaking of understanding, I don’t understand what the author wanted to achieve by this article. He gravitates around the idea that he simply distrusts Shania’s view about not aiming to sell big with this album, starts with the fact that she definitely has the dream of having the best selling album in history. Then he takes a step back, showing distrust that Shania doesn’t hate her mother for pushing her sometimes beyond the limit, for something that wasn’t Shania’s dream, which he doesn’t dispute at that point. Then makes another step forward, describing Mutt as a weird selling guru, and in the end makes the final step back in saying only Shania knows for sure who’s dream it really is, a flagrant contradiction of what he said at the beginning. There is no consistency, no direction, only confusion.
Post New Thread Reply