Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > How did you get hooked on Shania?
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-02-2004, 06:39 AM

first time listening to Shania

Hi !
The first time i heard of Madame Twain was when my father whom i was visiting at that time told me "Did you heard of that ontario girl who raised her siblings by herself and sing so well?"
I said no who is she ? So he begin to tell me the whole story

The problem at that time was i was hooked on heavy metal and hard rock music and had no interest on Madame Twain at all and wasn't thinking of going into country music not a minute .

So i listen to my father telling me everything about her like a good daugther should do but telling myself poor dad i am nottttttt into country and won't listen to that in the near future beleive me ................

it stays like that for a while and another week when i visited him again he started again with that ontario girl story while i was changing channel on the tv, i end up watching a movie called Twister .When i heard a certain song in that movie i wasn't sure what it was but it hit me like a bullet (no one needs to know) so my dad was looking at me and told me" this is her my ontario girl "
Since that day i wanted to know more and more about her and i did
Thanks to my father who is now 86 years old and still love his Ontario girl and encourage me everytime to go and see her in concert as he can't himself
And by the way i am still listening to hard rock and heavy metal all the time between Shania 's music lol!

Frenchy
Old 07-02-2004, 01:04 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Nice story Frenchy.

Steve
Old 07-03-2004, 07:49 AM

Thanks Steve!

In fact when i went for my dream shania twain weekend in may i stopped at my dad's house and told him about my trip to quebec and London and he said to me have fun and here some money to buy some souvenir there they must sell thing there for sure,i said yes and thanks .He gave me 300$ to he is so sweet.........

Frenchy
Old 07-05-2004, 07:27 PM
mikes

Hello Frenchy! Glad you discover Shania - only 5' 3 "and a beauty with a great voice eh? I ignore her for a long time until she do Come on over and Up and then I see the genius and hear the music that is addictive to listen to. My brother, a long time Shania fan, he tell me the story of raising her siblings and writing the "From this moment" as a tribute to her parents killed in the car accident. When we see her in concert on the Up tour, tears run down my face thinking how far she has come through all the hardship. Now I love her like little sister that I never have. Welcome to Shaniaholics!! Mikes.
Post New Thread Reply