Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-10-2004, 09:58 PM

They busy, prolly having one of the best times of their lives. Plenty of time to recount the details in the coming hours and days, as they come down from the clouds and rejoin planet earth.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Let me give you the highlight of the night..before going to get something to eat...and make a more complete post in an hour or so..

Shania CRYING like a baby at the very end of the concert, spending about 15 minutes on one side of the stage, hugging all the bandmembers, and most of the crew who had come on stage at the end of the last song....a very emotional moment..

It is clear from how she has talked during the concert that this is indeed the end of an era...I am not saying this because I am sad..I am saying this because a new era is beginning...hopefully most of these bandmembers will be back..but it is not going to be soon..in any case..a phenomenal tour has ended..great memories...

one more thing..I think Shania gave away the BIG thing Tracy and Ren talked about with regards to the convention... ..LOL!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 PM

Well there you have it. Does that help Jud? Sounds about as impressive as it could be.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Let me give you the highlight of the night..before going to get something to eat...and make a more complete post in an hour or so..

Shania CRYING like a baby at the very end of the concert, spending about 15 minutes on one side of the stage, hugging all the bandmembers, and most of the crew who had come on stage at the end of the last song....a very emotional moment..

It is clear from how she has talked during the concert that this is indeed the end of an era...I am not saying this because I am sad..I am saying this because a new era is beginning...hopefully most of these bandmembers will be back..but it is not going to be soon..in any case..a phenomenal tour has ended..great memories...

one more thing..I think Shania gave away the BIG thing Tracy and Ren talked about with regards to the convention... ..LOL!

Thanks for the short review!

Sounds like it was a great, and emotional night!

Look forward to reading more!
Old 07-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Jokes of the night..: Randall getting sprayed with the extinguisher (sp?) after the introductions..LOL!..Shania and the band getting sprayed with those can-carnival confetti strings..and Shania laughing so hard to not be able to sing part of RTC...the photographer who takes the photo of the raffle winners coming up on stage dressed as a joker..!
JD has his family there..Carry Ann was there and Shania said her sister Jill was there too with her..same setlist at the previous night..SNJAPF in, no WIM..I got to give her my roses during YWML..how appropriate..

First outfit: bright yellow top and boots laces with black pants..second outfit: bright pink bodyglove..third outfit: Florida Panthers jersey...JD wore the Marlins jersey....

Roddy played on a couple of songs as a guest fiddler with Emerson Drive..

TBC....
Old 07-10-2004, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
Now it is really over.

Comon guys, drop in and give your reviews!

Give them time Jud to settle in they have to fly back too and recuperate...I mean they must be hoarse as well being at the last Shania Concert of the tour eh! Not only that but they are probably physically tired from such a long trip...You think that after her tour is over that Shania is planning on leaving her oval stage there in Timmins??? Maybe she plans on leaving her bus there as well for upcoming tours... Just an educated guess...

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 07-10-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:17 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Thanks for the review, FV - can't wait to hear more!

What do you mean it's the end of an era? If most of the band members may be back, why would it be the end of an era? Also, why do you say it will be a very long time? Longer than usual? When do you think she might tour again?

And, what do you mean she gave something big away in regards to the fan convention?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2004, 11:44 PM

the last show

Hi!

I"m new here! Just got back from Shania's concert in Sunrise, FL. It was an awesome show ... just a great way to cap off the tour.

sorry don't have more details but it's late so maybe I'll write more tomorrow.

Thanks again to Shania, her band and everyone associated with this show and the entire tour. It was just incredible.

EDG
Old 07-10-2004, 11:49 PM

Glad you had fun EDG...Welcome to the board....I know that Shania probably left everyone with good memories to sleep the night away....Shania Twain is simply the greatest singer for me and to listen to one her concerts is to remember forever...Shania Twain is always the best example to follow...She stays true to her cause...

Benjamin
Old 07-10-2004, 11:54 PM

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! And congrats on getting to see her in Sunrise!
Old 07-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by talkalot24
Thanks for the review, FV - can't wait to hear more!

What do you mean it's the end of an era? If most of the band members may be back, why would it be the end of an era? Also, why do you say it will be a very long time? Longer than usual? When do you think she might tour again?

And, what do you mean she gave something big away in regards to the fan convention?

Thanks!

Let's just say, Tracy has to find a place for Shania's home over the last year. (and no it's not the bus)

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 07-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Board Administrator

I'll post my review tomorrow when I get home. Let's just say it was the best of times, and the worst of times......

-Chris

Old 07-11-2004, 12:30 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Shania donated the stage to the center?!?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 AM

Shania's tour finale not worth discussing

By Charles Passy, Palm Beach Post Music Writer
Sunday, July 11, 2004

SUNRISE -- Say this much for Shania Twain: She signs a mean autograph.

Of course, the near-capacity crowd that turned out for her performance at the Office Depot Center Saturday night -- the final evening in a nine-month tour -- wasn't paying to watch the country-pop diva sign her name. They were paying to hear her sing.

And occasionally, just occasionally, Twain obliged them. But she seemed far more interested in the hoopla than the actual music. And even when she sang, her heart was never really in it.

The lowest point? Just a mere 30 minutes into the show, after offering such hits as Man! I Feel Like a Woman! and Up!, Twain left the stage and let her band do the talking. And we mean talking: The musicians droned on about the tour and their lives and families. You'll be pleased to know that one of them is expecting his wife to give birth any day.

But just when you thought Twain's return to the stage would signal an end to this silliness, she proceeded to stretch things out with her own musings on life. You'll be pleased to know that, after the tour is over, she plans to bring the stage back to her Canadian hometown.

Twain's ego seems to go largely unchecked: She actually deemed it necessary to inform the audience of her many sacrifices on the road to fame. Puh-leeze.

Oh, and the music? Some critics may find fault with the bright, bouncy and mostly superficial texture of Twain's songs -- essentially, this is country without the rural twang -- but they miss the point. This is well-crafted pop music: no more, no less. The problem is that Twain is such a creature of the video age that she has little ability to sell the songs in a live setting.

So, she glossed over her up-tempo material. And she glossed over her ballads. Surely, she knows that love songs like Forever and For Always and You're Still the One have some real meat on their bones. But she sang them as if they were just a set-up for her to sign more autographs -- or welcome another audience member to the stage.

Twain's lack of emotional investment was all the more glaring after the rocking set by the opening band, Emerson Drive. The group did an especially fine cover of U2's Where the Streets Have No Name, adding a bit of Nashville flavor to its shimmering sound.

charles_passy@pbpost.com

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localn...40a0da00c0.html
Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by talkalot24
Shania donated the stage to the center?!?

Maybe, maybe not...lol

-Chris

Post New Thread Reply