Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelGuy

I just don't see any value in renewing at this point. Am I the only one who feels this way?

More tickets for us!!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 10-04-2003 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:10 AM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by nds76
Is it right to join a fan club just for the ticket presales? I am in the club for Shania, not for what I can get. Sorry, but that's how I feel. I will most likely renew but will wait until my expiration date to do so.

David

I am on the Board and Forums for Shania, not the official site where you are charged a commercial fee for a service that so far has not met most expectations. I never check the message board due to the software which simply is just not up to the standards I expect and demand for my hard earned cash.

I have requested many time the contest situation be sorted out and also asked why they can not use software freely available for the message board. Now they don't even bother replying to my emails.

I will give them 5 days to add a month to my renewal date which has slipped back to October from November, if I get no reply by then I will then ask for a full refund and re-join during my grace months so my next renewal with not be until December 2004.

For all those who are unhappy about losing a full months membership having renewed as requested, you have 10 days to ask for a full refund. I would take that option unless they change the software to reflect your true renewal month.

So I will wait until a concert pre-sail ticket sale is in near my country and jump in.

I also find the news updates on all the official sites very slow, you read it first here and on the Forums site and that is a fact.

The only way to run a fan club is with a FAN running it... Once you start taking membership fees it then is just a job, and no more than that.

MusicToday run dozens of Artiste's fan clubs.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If I remember correctly, according to the email I have received, they are creating seniority with regards to the membership..I do not know what that means exactly...it sounds like they will be able to see which members have been members longer...but still do not know what type of extra benefits the senior members will have...
In any case, I am renewing for sure...gotta get tons of more tickets next spring for that leg of the tour!!!!!!!!!!!!
AngelGuy: picture yourself at a Shania concert in Miami, Shania, tons of girls in a bikini in an outdoor arena.. ..enough said...

Ok, I admit that this argument is pretty persuasive...

If Shania comes back to Pittsburgh next spring, the fanclub will be of value. If she doesn't come back to my area, the fanclub won't be worth it. And if she does announce that she's coming back to my area, I don't see why I can't just join the club again at a later date after I have actual confirmation that she's coming back.

Quote:
Is it right to join a fan club just for the ticket presales? I am in the club for Shania, not for what I can get.

You're darn right it's right! I have no problem saying that I'm in the club for what I can get out of it (which, like any other purchase of goods or services, is simply common sense in my opinion).

Why would you pay for anything that didn't offer any value to you? So that's what I'm asking here. What value does the fanclub offer for renewing members? If Shania doesn't come back to Pittsburgh, I don't see much value at all, sorry...
Old 10-04-2003, 01:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to nds76
Just being part of Shania in some way, shape, or form is value enough for me. And the fan club provides that for me.

David

Quote:

If Shania comes back to Pittsburgh next spring, the fanclub will be of value. If she doesn't come back to my area, the fanclub won't be worth it. And if she does announce that she's coming back to my area, I don't see why I can't just join the club again at a later date after I have actual confirmation that she's coming back.

You're darn right it's right! I have no problem saying that I'm in the club for what I can get out of it (which, like any other purchase of goods or services, is simply common sense in my opinion).

Why would you pay for anything that didn't offer any value to you? So that's what I'm asking here. What value does the fanclub offer for renewing members? If Shania doesn't come back to Pittsburgh, I don't see much value at all, sorry...
Old 10-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:

Then what do you want us to tell you, don't renew the membership then.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-04-2003, 02:06 PM

I did it regardless, that I will not see to much from them.
Ahh, forget , I was very happy with my fanclub package!

What I really would like to get, is a membership card, even on paper.
I know I'm cheap (even payed for it, lol) but its about Shania.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tower
So I will wait until a concert pre-sail ticket sale is in near my country and jump in.

I think customer service has said that Music Today will not be selling tickets for any Shania concerts outside of North America (although they may give you the link to the website that will be doing that..)...as a matter of fact, they will not even ship tickets to any address that is not in North America....
Old 10-04-2003, 02:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
The tickets I received so far via this sight have not only given me (or will give me) great views of Shania but I also got two autographs, two high-5's from Shania, She saw my Timmins bumper Sticker and gave me a heart melting smile when she saw it, had two other great eye to eye contacts with her and thats only from just the Pittsburgh concert !!!! I'm writing this message in a Hotel room in Grand Rapids and just hours away from seeing her again....Then their is the DVD that came in the member packet and the prospect for future offers that may be announced in the future....Is is worth it? Absolutely...will I renew? Yes. Why? Because I enjoy things connected with Shania Twain and this is one of those opportunities.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:48 PM
cross-stitching nut

Re: Re: Re: Official FanClub Renewals - beware

Quote:
Originally posted by LindaB
I did post there under "Announcements".

Debbie, did you write to customer service about it as well? If not, then please do. So far I've heard NOTHING. But I plan on calling them on Monday (unless I'm on jury duty!).

Linda

Yes, I did write to customer service.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 10-04-2003, 02:59 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by nds76
Is it right to join a fan club just for the ticket presales? I am in the club for Shania, not for what I can get. Sorry, but that's how I feel. I will most likely renew but will wait until my expiration date to do so.

David

David, I'm with you on this one. I'm in it because Shania picked this club to be hers - good or not so good - I will stand behind her choice.

Old 10-04-2003, 03:54 PM

Hey, I'm there! Just add it on to my charge card. HA! It's currently a little... um.... inflated.... gosh darn Shania Twain Centre! Naaah, just kidding. NOOOO regrets. Just bills.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:09 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
Hey, I'm there! Just add it on to my charge card. HA! It's currently a little... um.... inflated.... gosh darn Shania Twain Centre! Naaah, just kidding. NOOOO regrets. Just bills.

I totally undersand Sheri. Just have to get that card paid off before next years convention so I can 'fill' it UP! again.

Forgot to mention that Jack and I have a credit card that we call "the Shania Card" that takes care of all Shania related stuff like concert ticktets, plane tickets, Timmins Hospital, and merchandise. Then we have a Shania savings account to pay off "the Shania card". Shania can get very expensive - but oh well she is soooo worth it. In fact Jack says that "his girlfriend" is very high maintenance!

Last edited by Debbie : 10-04-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tower
For all those who are unhappy about losing a full months membership having renewed as requested, you have 10 days to ask for a full refund. I would take that option unless they change the software to reflect your true renewal month.

Oh dear, the FanClub did not handle this one too well either *sigh*
I am actually now happy that I am considering if I'll renew or not, cause normally I would have renewed already and be in the same situation as many.

Tom, I hope you are not in the belief that the FanClub will have a pre-sale of tickets to concerts in Europe? Cause they are not.

Hopefully something similar is arraged as was done with HydePark, but they way it has been done now with the US/Canada shows, there won't be such a pre-sale.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:16 AM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
I think customer service has said that Music Today will not be selling tickets for any Shania concerts outside of North America (although they may give you the link to the website that will be doing that..)...as a matter of fact, they will not even ship tickets to any address that is not in North America....

How on earth can you run an international fan club like that... YOU CAN'T simple as that.

They should have a big disclaimer on the info page stating that people living outside the USA will be treated as second class members with no privilages other than the advance ticket service which will NOT be organised by the official fan club... Grrrrr

However I expect the same deal as London's Hyde Park when the pre-sale ticket announcement was emailed to all fans via the MusicToday Fan Club site and you were directed to an EU based site well known over here.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:44 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I got my notice a few days ago too. Knowing how these things usually work, I am waiting until November to renew. Besides you have until the end of December, or at least I do, to renew before you lose your status, I will probably wait until the latter part of November so as not to get to close.

Steve