Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Old 03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Howie Day

I'm watching Regis and Kelly this morning and they have slated as one of their guests a singer named Howie Day. I think I've heard of him, so when he comes on I listen. He sings all alone with an accoustic guitar. He has a nice voice, a little like John Mayer's. He kind of reminded me of a folk singer on this song anyway. So, when he is finished Regis asks him where he is from and he says "Bangor Maine". I thought that was pretty good to have this guy out there from Bangor. Our little ole' State doesn't get a lot of big-time credit for things, so this is kind of special. Now in case you've forgotten, Hardy Hemphill's from Bangor also. I am not sure whether either of them are natives, but it is great anyway. Bangor is getting more popular all the time. They've hosted the National Folk Festival for three straight years. This year it has moved on, and of course let's not forget the Roger Miller classic "King of the Road." - 2nd verse - "Third boxcar, midnight train, destination Bangor, ME."

It turns out he has lots of websites. This is his official one:http://www.howieday.com/

The CD is called:Stop All The World Now (SPECIAL EDITION VERSION)

The guy seems to be talented. I hope he does well.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 03-28-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Steve F,

I have to agree. While his voice may be somewhat similar to John Mayer's, I personally like him better, though I still like John Mayer. His cd "Stop All The World Now", is definitely one of the best music purchases I have made this year. He is very talented and I wish him success.

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Post New Thread Reply