Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
Dax:

At the end of the show, they showed Shania looking at one of your cartoons. It was the one of her in the UP Close and Personal, "Elvis" outfit. She said..."hmmm, bigger bust...better thighs.....good cartoon!"

LOL! :LMAO

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:13 PM

The special was really nice. It was nice to see her meeting with two Longshot members. They gave her a baseball cap with the Longshot logo on it. They looked a lot older than Shana does. We also heard part of a long-ago duet. There were also some fun moments at her old high school, when Shania took the trumpet & tried to remember how to play. And it was cute at the childrens breakfast when the little ones called out, "You're beautiful" & "your make-up is beautiful." Shania was also asked if it takes a village to raise a child, and she felt that it definitely did. It was a really well-done show. Oh, yes, we got a nice view of a bundled-up FV jumping up and down, and Resessions dancing with someone in the parking lot!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The special was really nice. It was nice to see her meeting with two Longshot members. They gave her a baseball cap with the Longshot logo on it. They looked a lot older than Shana does. We also heard part of a long-ago duet. There were also some fun moments at her old high school, when Shania took the trumpet & tried to remember how to play. And it was cute at the childrens breakfast when the little ones called out, "You're beautiful" & "your make-up is beautiful." Shania was also asked if it takes a village to raise a child, and she felt that it definitely did. It was a really well-done show. Oh, yes, we got a nice view of a bundled-up FV jumping up and down, and Resessions dancing with someone in the parking lot!

Thanks for the report!! Congrats DAX!!! I betcha you'll get lots of professional offers after this....
did they show Shania behind the scenes anywhere? like on the plane? What were Shania's on camera comments about the Centre's exhibits, aside Dax's cartoon?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Dax:

At the end of the show, they showed Shania looking at one of your cartoons. It was the one of her in the UP Close and Personal, "Elvis" outfit. She said..."hmmm, bigger bust...better thighs.....good cartoon!"

I think you just became her favorite cartoonist..lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-29-2004, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Thanks for the report!! Congrats DAX!!! I betcha you'll get lots of professional offers after this....
did they show Shania behind the scenes anywhere? like on the plane? What were Shania's on camera comments about the Centre's exhibits, aside Dax's cartoon?

She seemed to love it. Spent some time looking at her old boots, and the tiny skirt her grandmother had made her. She really loved the lyric sheets. She was pointing out where Mutt had written his words over hers, as they worked on the songs. Stopped at her wedding dress, and remembered it was 41 degrees below zero on her wedding day! They just had one shot of her waving as she got in the plane to leave, but a lot of the interview was done in the car, as she and Ben Mulrooney were driving around. They stopped at the Maple Leaf, and her old homes. They also had some pictures of her parents that I had never seen, and they showed clips of the 1999 Timmins concert, and the 1995 homecoming. Shania said she wants to bring Eja and let him experience where she grew up. That old picture of her really stopped her. She kept saying "that's my son". Said his hair was blonde and his eyes were lighter, but otherwise it was just like Eja.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Board Administrator

lol!!!

I think Mutt begs to differ with her..lol

The skirt her grandma made, where was that? I guess I missed that in the exhibits.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-29-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:31 AM

The Homecoming Special was great. At the beginning I was wondering why they were jumping around alot between the STC and the Behind The Music Video clips to fill in Shania's life but then I figured out what they were doing. They were following her through the Centre from her first picture at age 8 to the the UP Close and Personal DVD stage. They started with Shania driving to the houses of her childhood and her last year of high school house (the Bannerman and Montgomery houses). Then the TV Show when she was 11 and singing the song with her guitar (the one on the Shania Live video). And also a couple of Tommy Hunter Show songs. Cut to her high school and she sat in her math class. She went to the Theatre Auditorium to address the students, telling them she skipped classes to go to the music room and write songs. She then went to the music room and showed where she would spend the whole day in the back room playing guitar and writing. Ben tried a couple of times to get her to reveal the the kind of songs she was writing back then but she would not really say.

Then cut to the STC and the Longshot display. There she talked about how she got involved with the band and met the 2 guys with the band again. From her comment, it looked like she had not seen them since she had left town in 1988 but she was happy to see them. Cut to the Maple Leaf Hotel and JP. Then next came her parents' death and she commented on that. Then clips of her Deerhearst performances and the Mercury beginnings. Next the ST album cover shot display. The album cover was shot in Timmins. Next the wedding display and onto her song writing display where she pointed out the parts where Mutt scratched out her words and wrote his in - it was for YSTO. They showed the start of the Timmins 1999 concert. Then on to the UP! album stage and her 2003 Juno Artist of the Year award speach clip.

She commented on Dax's cartoon - "bigger bust, thinner thighs, good job" It ended with a brief Toronto clip and car conversation to the airport.

Reflections:

- Tracy looked good
- They plugged her GH CD in every commercial
- The actual STC inside shots lasted about 15 minutes total with a lot of that time taken up by Ben's questions and her answers. I wish that more time could have been at the Centre with her reactions to it. She did say at the end that it is so much better than she had imagined - Yeah Tracy!. Tracy, - did she have enough time to see everything she wanted with you without the cameras rolling? I'm sure she will be back in the near future.
- She seemed very at ease with Ben especially in the car conversations.
- Funny thing, when she was being interviewed outside the M L Hotel, all she had on was a turtle neck top and sweater. She could have gone with more questions but it was Ben who was shivering so she does this right on the mark teeth chattering sound - good acting.

Overall - a definite keeper special

Last edited by Knight1 : 11-30-2004 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:54 AM

Great review Knight,im glad you did it I am terrible at writing reviews,i will post the caps.Here is shania in the limo when ben asked her a question about fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv1.jpg (63.9 KB, 275 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 01:56 AM

and then they cut to pictures of STNAFC members!Im pretty sure this is richard right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv2.jpg (64.5 KB, 514 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 02:04 AM

and here is fv!You guys look cold but happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv3.jpg (72.4 KB, 271 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 02:05 AM

here are more fans Im sorry its kind of blurry you guys kept jumping up and down and it was hard to lock on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv4.jpg (70.5 KB, 421 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 02:08 AM

i thought this might be someones license plate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv5.jpg (65.9 KB, 172 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 02:17 AM

Here is shania looking at my cartoon!I like how they showed shania's reaction with my cartoon over top.Do you think shania looks jealous here?i always try to get everything right when i do a cartoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv9.jpg (52.1 KB, 268 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 02:18 AM

one more shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctv10.jpg (53.6 KB, 216 views)
Old 11-30-2004, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
Here is shania looking at my cartoon!I like how they showed shania's reaction with my cartoon over top.Do you think shania looks jealous here?i always try to get everything right when i do a cartoon.

Jealous? NAH! - She's thinking "hey, when your're hot, your're hot".
Great Caps Dax.
Post New Thread Reply