Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 PM

That statment is false, but I think, it based on that not selling out right away the concert date was published. Also not all the stadiums were sold out, like Buffalo and Chicago (not just a couple of tickets, but more than 2000)
On the other hand, almost everyone has problems to really sell out concerts, including acts like Fleetwood Mac, Springsteen, Arosmith etc.

Knight1, do you have details of all the concert sales wise?
I have only Billboard numbers from their site of the top 20 grossing concerts (not all of them listed).

Last edited by Jud : 10-29-2003 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:12 PM

The guy that does the entertainment report on the radio saw her in Chicago. He said she put on a great show, very entertaining, but he was surprised by the empty seats. He was thinking it would be a sell out. I think as appearances and word of mouth spread, those empty seats will be fewer and fewer.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Board Administrator

Shania is doing really well considering that there is no big media push letting people know she is on tour.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Who's On First?

..extra nice write-up on their website ! ! !

http://www.bradleycenter.com/news/shania03.asp

Shania Twain

SHE may not be an outlaw in the tradition of Waylon and Willie, but in the eyes of Nashville, Shania Twain is a renegade nonetheless. The Canadian-born singer can lay claim to the title of most successful crossover artist in country music history. Diehard traditionalists notwithstanding, Twain's recording career has seen her garner enough country music awards to fill the stage of the Grand Ole Opry.

Fast Facts

WHAT: Shania Twain
WHEN: October 29, 2003

TIME: 7:30 p.m.

TICKETS ON SALE: Saturday, September 6, at 10:00 a.m.

TICKETS:$82.00, $67.00 and $47.00 plus applicable fees.

This event will be in an
center-stage concert layout.
The Shania Twain story has opened on a new and exciting chapter, and the only way is UP! That's the title of the much anticipated follow-up to Come On Over, the most successful female solo artist album of all time.

Follow that? You bet. The great news for Shania fans across the globe is that she's completed one of the most exciting and ambitious recording projects of the new millennium. Not to mention that she's totally energised by a fresh creative momentum that has led to her completing a spectacular new record, co-written with her husband and producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange.

Refreshed and ready to rock after a sabbatical, there's a buzz coming from Shania like an electrical charge. "We wanted to put something together that was bigger and better," she glows, "and the whole thing IS so much bigger and better than anything I've done in the past."

"In my experience it's more typical to run into guys with such confidence when it comes to women, once again I thought it would be fun to write with that same confidence, but from a woman's point of view. I wanted the first single to reflect that playful attitude, because I want people to relate to the Shania they already know, at the same time as hearing a new, fresh sound."

During her new tour, Shania's eager to make the same personal connection with her fans that produced such sensationally successful results on the Come On Over world tour. "I have a lot of fun with the touring, it's the biggest reward," she says. "I can see on their faces what the songs mean to them. I'm affected by music, when I sit and listen I'm high by it, so when I see I'm affecting them the same way, I really feel I've done what I came to do."

Even with her place in the world's musical elite guaranteed and undisputed, the only way is UP! for Shania Twain, because of the creative goals she has already achieved with the album even before it starts flying out of the stores. "Mutt and I as a team put more into this record than ever before," she confesses. "We really have gone totally all out, we've laboured over it and I'm completely thrilled with the results."

"I put this music on and I'm overwhelmed with emotion. It's been such a labour of love, and as I'm listening back sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry."
Old 10-30-2003, 04:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
OK folks,...... I've said it before and God willing will have the chance to say it again...."Every performance gets better and better!!!"

Tonight in Milwaukee, Shania was in excellent form. I really enjoyed this concert. The song set is the same list as posted in other threads....nothing new in that regard....The only difference was this time instead of JD Blair doing a solo drum percussion bit to divert attention from Shania sneaking into the audience to sing TWIM, Hardy did a light piano style solo instead.

Shania looked really really happy tonight.....even though she always looks Up!, tonight she was in special form. Really gave a fabulous performance.

Wardrobe:
Opening - Green Bay Packers jersey
Midshow- Yellow/white body glove and the leathery black pants with jippers/chains
Encore - Milwaukee Bucks Basketball jersey.

During She's not just a pretty face, the stage crew down in the pits between the top center and the outter ovals were all wearing spooky looking halloween masks which cracked Shania up. She obviously didn't expect their little practical joke and yet when she went to explain it to the audience, they had taken off the masks and acted like they didn't know what she was talking about....very funny

This arena was not completely sold out as the upper nosebleed sections at the ends of the oval stage were only half full but the floor, mid-section were sold out. The major part of the upper nosebleed section along the length of both long sides of the oval were also full with spectators. However, this crowd was into this concert bigtime! very loud and participated well.

The venue was very open to letting cameras in and picture taking but were quite restrictive on allowing gifts of any percieveable kind, like flowers getting past the turnstiles. Don't know whether the rumor I heard is accurate but something apherently happened the night before in Minneapolis that must have spooked the security because they worked hard to keep autographing during the concert to a minimum. And this is the first concert since the first in Hamilton where the only audience member on stage was the Kids Cafe raffle ticket holder. No children interviews and no lucky poster people pulled up on stage this time....it seems they intended to keep the public off and away from the stage, though front row people did get autographs. Shania did refer to a crew member nicknamed "Chainsaw" that she wanted to recognize because it was brought to her attention that he has purchased Kids Cafe tix at every show...however when Shania wanted him to come on stage, Chainsaw was nowhere to be found.

A few personal highlights for me:

1) I had a 4th row isle seat on the floor mid stage and only a few paces away from the stage edge...Could see really well. Was able to sneak a couple of signatures when security was looking the other way.

2) I made what I think was a really clever sign that 100% got Shania's attention and a heart melting reaction. When she saw it she actually looked back and forth between the sign and my eyes at least three times in a row and gave me the biggest smile and placed her hand over her heart taking in a breath while seemingly making an "Ahhhhh"
Not gonna give the whole sign idea away yet cuz i'm gonna try to talk my wife into letting me go to the St. Louis concert and wanna try using it again..I have a feeling if there wasn't a security issue, it would have worked better than my sign did in Indy

3) While Shania was singing SNJAPF I happened to look over my shoulder and standing right behind me was Shania's sister Carrie with a couple of other concert staffers......When I saw her, I turned my sign around to show her and she started giggling, elbowed the two security people with her, pointed to the sign and then Carrie actually gave me a High-5. That was really cool.

4) Carrie stayed in my area for about the next three songs and what was fun was to watch her sing every word like every other fans was doing until she took off with her clipboard and workcrew to some other place.

5) I got several really big smiles from Shania during this concert tonight.

6) I made a CD with three songs on it to give as a gift to Shania. Wasn't able to hand it to her directly but after the concert I ran into Hardy, and asked him if he'd give it to Shania...he took it and said he would Woo hoo !!!! I wonder if she'll write to me...(included my family address with the note I placed in the CD case)

7) Hung outside of the arena for a while after the concert with a few fans and Brent Barkus came out and spoke with the 5 of us for about 15 minutes. Somethings he told me I can't post here. (sorry) I asked if he knows whether a concert is scheduled for Timmins next summer and he said he doesn't know. The band only knows to this point (as of 10/29) the schedule until March 5th. The band is also eager to know more about the venues and dates for spring/summer 2004. He said he will update his diary on his webpage tomorrow and post more pictures soon. He said some of the band will not perform at the NBC Thanksgiving special being taped on Nov. 3 in Nashville but indicated he is scheduled to be there. All of the band will be on stage with Shania at the CMA's.

So thats about it...What a blast it has been. Unless I can talk my better half into lettting me to go to St. Louis, I've about max'ed out my $ limit for a while.
Ci'e la vie

PS: Chris, I got the calendars for you
Old 10-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Board Administrator

Security was tight on Long Island, and they did not let anyone on the stage except the raffle winnner. So, it is not the first concert since the tour started where they did it. Seems there have been a few others if I recall correctly. Seems security is handled by the venue. Found out later it was because of an incident in Albany.

-Chris

Old 10-30-2003, 06:04 AM
Board Administrator

Oh...what did your sign say????

-Chris

Old 10-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Board Administrator

Oh, how was Otto this time around?

-Chris

Old 10-30-2003, 08:34 AM

Ah Richard,
Thanks for another exceptionally entertaining review.

I've been afraid something untoward would happen eventually in the security matter. There are just too many crazies out there. I used to deal with them on my job.

Guess we're gonna have to add another moniker to your repertoire. Melting Moment Signs from the Shadow Dancer.

That's a great story about Carrie. I'm not sure I'd recognize her even if standing right behind me. Sounds like she had a somewhat different reaction than her sister, to your sign, tho both favorable.

Did you write, play, sing the 3 songs on the CD you gave to Hardy and asked him to get to ST?

Isn't that a bittersweet feeling? To be invited by and/or talk to intimates of ST and have access to fascinating info, but then be unable to share with friends because of need for confidentiality and/or security? I ran into some of that in Timmins. Tom Waller's probably encountered a lot of that up there.

But you've racked up an extensive, unique, and in some ways unparalleled set of experiences and achievements in terms of being an ST fan.

Chris,
I think Richard said he was going to wait until after using his sign again at another concert, before divulging it's content, because others might try to copy his idea.

Last edited by Bob : 10-30-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Great review Richard! I think Shania was super happy because she can now rest for a little while...It's very interesting the different details that people in the audience pick up with every concert..you should write a book on your experience following Shania in concert!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:27 AM

Richard, what time did you get to the Bradley Center because we arrived about 6:00 and we went to that sports bar Game Time to see if I could find you, but the lady said if we wanted to get something to eat it would take about an hour, so we left and then went across to the Bradley Center and stood in line.

What side of the stage were you on because we were in section 226 so that probably would have been the left side. I was trying to spot you, but it was hard because I didn't know if you could go out onto the floor from where we were! I wish I could have met you because I agree with what you said about the show! I thought she was awesome and so did the people I came with! I couldn't believe the band! They had alot of energy and sounded great! She smiled my way alot too and I hope she saw my t-shirt! We couldn't believe those guys sitting up under the lights! I have never seen that before! Being my first concert, I was so busy taking pics and singing, it seems like it goes by so fast! I hope I get the chance to see her again! It would be nice to see her up in Timmins next year!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:50 PM

Cheryl,

Yeah, I'm sorry we didn't link Up . I went over to the GameTime sports bar and walked back and forth between both sides hoping somebody would tap me on the shoulder to say hello.....that didn't happen

I went over across the street and hung out by the country western station mobile unit for a while too.

I'll have to come up to Fond du Lac with my Shania stuff one of these days and have lunch with you and your husband and "talk Shania".

To bad we didn't hook up after the concert either...I went back to the Game Time for a little while but no luck on getting found by other fans from here. Went back over to the Bradley and lucked out to meet up with Brent Barkus and had about a 15 minute conversation with him. Was great fun

Well we'll just keep fingers crossed that Shania comes back to Milwaukee and try it again
Old 10-31-2003, 08:37 PM

That would be nice, Richard! I would love to meet you up here, but unfortunetly I'm single! I went with this guy from work and his wife! He is also a big Shania fan and a really nice guy! I was thinking about going over to that country station booth too, but I think my other friends wanted to get in line right away so we could all get something to eat and not miss Shania! I wish we could have stayed and met up with some of her band, especially Brent because I always email him and he always responds!

I thought her show was awesome, for a first timer, and she is so beautiful and I was lucky a couple of times to get that wonderful smile! I hope my pics turn out and I'm glad she saw your sign again! It's just too bad about that incident in Minnesota because I thought it was kind of odd she didn't bring people up on stage! I guess it only takes one lunatic to ruin it for all us decent fans!

Being my first time, I wanted to have a good time singing and I was trying to take pics, but it seems like the show goes so fast when you do that and you don't absord everything, so I hope she does come back to Milwaukee again also and I can just watch her and the band and enjoy what she is doing!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
Knight1, do you have details of all the concert sales wise?
I have only Billboard numbers from their site of the top 20 grossing concerts (not all of them listed).

I have been out of town for a day and I'm just catching up on all the posts. I do not have any official figures on concert sales. I'm just going by the postings at the CMT Shania Board where the following concerts were said to have been sold out:

Hamilton, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, both Toronto shows,Grand Rapids,
Boston, East Rutherford NJ, Philadelphia, Long Island, New York,
Washington DC, Indianapolis, Both Palace of Auburn Hill shows,
Excel Energy Centre, Calgary, Edmonton, the 2 Vancouver shows
Now there still may be tickets remaining on the upcoming shows. Again, this has not been verified by offical tracking sources as to attendance / capacity. However, Shania is still packing them in such as the Excel Centre.

Last edited by Knight1 : 11-01-2003 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:32 AM

Yes Knight1...and those that haven't been sell outs were close to sell outs....and as a businessman, I'd rather have the revenue of any Shania non-sellout compared to any one full sellout of any other artist. I bet those non-sell outs of Shania's Up! tour still draw more revenue.