Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-06-2003, 09:21 PM

Requesting info for Oct. 17 concert in Washington

Hello everyone... I'm new to the board but have been reading your reviews for a while now. I have enjoyed reading all the exciting reviews about Shania's concerts and seeing all of the great pictures from her Up! tour. I am so excited to be going to my first Shania concert (and my first concert ever) on Oct.17 at the MCI center in Washington. I have 4th row floor seats in section 9. I don't know how good these seats will be but I'm hoping for a memorable time. Since I've never been to a concert (at age 29--can you believe it?), I have questions about taking photographs. Obviously I would like to take pictures if the opportunity presents itself. What is the best way to get good pictures...what speed film? Can I use a flash? I appreciate any pointers you can give me. Also does anyone have any opinion on the MCI center and these seat locations?

Thank you so much,
Another Shania fan........Christy
Old 10-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Administrator

First of all...Welcome Christy!
Any floor seat sounds good to me! I donot know much about photography...but I guess you can use a flash, unless you are very close to the persons you are taking the pic of..
Old 10-06-2003, 09:39 PM
cross-stitching nut

Welcome Christy!!!

From what I have read about the concert, the lighting is so fantastic and bright you don't need a flash from where your seats are if you use 800 speed film. I'm sure there will others with more experience post here and give you more advice.

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE BIENG AT A SHANIA CONCERT!!!. If you think you are a fan of Shania's now - just wait until after the concert!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 10-07-2003, 06:14 AM

Welcome Christy
Your seats look great. Your're gona love the view-trust me. Here's my experience with pics. I use 800 speed throw away cameras without flash and close pics were ok but as a general rule all the pics were a bit washed out and hard to enlarge-that's the 800 speed. I also used a digital camera on auto and let it pick, again without flash, and got some really awesome pics. Also got alot of really blurred pics and some that the blue lights of the concert really messed up. I suspect 400 ISO film may be better and at the Cleveland concert I'm gona set my digital camera to 400 ISO and wide aperture (7mm) with spot focus rather than mulifocus. I think that will be a good combination. If you check out Spocks site (shaniasplace.com) under tour pics you can see the results I got in pittsburgh. Be aware-Shania can move very quickly and taking pics when she's moving will likely give a blurr due to slow camera speed, if you have a digital-practice durning the Ott performance and check your results, be patience-Shania will be very close to the end of the stage often and will be still for great pics-take them then for the best result. I'm no pro these are just based on my limited experience at the Pittsburgh concert. Oh additional advise-let some one else take the pics cause you are gona be so into the show and blown away by Shania and the band that you will down right just forget to take the pics! Thank God for my wife Deb! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 10-07-2003, 06:25 AM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
Christy you are gonna have a wonderful time trust me

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys
Old 10-07-2003, 09:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Woooo a fellow fan from the board going to the concert in DC! I'll be going too! I saw Shania the first time she was in DC back in 1999 and it was GREAT. As far as I'm concerned, anywhere on the floor is a good seat! I have section 116 Row N seat 5. Since you're on the floor, you have the opportunity to weave your way up to the front, security allowing and luck on your side! Good luck with your seats!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 10-07-2003, 10:50 AM

Arlene and I will be in Section 103!

We can't wait!

Al
Old 10-07-2003, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Christy,

4th row floor means you'll get an autograph for sure. Bring a sharpie and something memorable for her to sign like the paper cover from the UP! CD jacket or something similar. She'll only scribble an S.T. (for Shania Twain) but it will be so worth it. And you be able to see her so up close and personal in your area.
Have a great time. I've been to see alot of artists in various concerts and by far, Shania is the most interactive with the crowd and the most electric !!!!! Have FUN !!!!!

=Richard=
Old 10-07-2003, 01:09 PM

Hey Christy ~ I see you are from Manassas. I am in Chantilly. I am going to the concert at MCI too! I have yet to try my digital camera at a concert. I got my camera after the last tour. I have used disposable ones & regular cameras & the worst part was just the lights being blurred....like Doc said, Shania moves fast, so having the patience to wait & snap that perfect pic is the hardest part. Good luck!

Warrior! I knew you were going, just didn't know where your seats would be. I will be on the floor SEC.110 row 5. I hope these are good seats, I'm really used to sitting much closer than this. I sound like a spoiled brat...huh?
Old 10-08-2003, 04:03 PM

Thanks everyone!

Thank you everyone for all the feedback. I appreciate it. Thanks also for the warm welcome.

Christy
Old 10-08-2003, 09:55 PM

Hello Christy,

Welcome to the board, I am farely new myself. Like everyone said anywhere on the floor is amazing. My first concert ever was also Shania just a couple of weeks ago in Ottawa. As Debbie put it, "You think you're a Shania fan now.....just wait till after the concert" Man is that the truth, I've been a fan for as long as I can remember, however since I went to the concert I can't get enough of her music, her CD's are constantly on in my car and at home.

Have a blast, and take lots of pics, and get lots of autographs.

Let us know how you enjoyed yourself!!!

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Post New Thread Reply