Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-16-2003, 02:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Milwaukee Bradley Center Arena

Ok folks..I did a little arena scouting tonight in Milwaukee for the upcoming concert there on Oct. 29.

I was in the arena tonight (10/15) to watch Hockey....The Manitoba Moose were there and my friends nephew plays on the team (Tyler Houck #12) who just missed the cut to go up to the Vancouver Canucks when the only spot was given to Jason King. But I did have a chance to meet and talk with Steve Tambellini (Canadian Hockey Fans know who he is)....Steve is currently VP/Player relations for the Canucks and he gave me and my friend a wink and said Tyler is doing great and would surely move up. That was great to hear him say that. Ok enough of my Hockey talk, on to the scoop about the Milwaukee Up! concert.

The venue is going to be awesome....Every seat is going to be great !!!!! it will be a more intimate venue like what I experienced at the Grand Rapids concert last week.

I ran into a man with a name badge that read "Mr. Kenny G/ Security Manager". I told him that I had a couple of questions regarding the Shania Twain concert on Oct. 29th.

1) Can we bring poster type signs into the concert? He said that the Bradley arena leaves that up to the artist who is performing. He said that if I had seen them in other venues, then Shania is allowing them and it wouldn't be a problem except for two conditions:

a) They could not have any vulgar or offensive statements
b) The fan would only hold it up briefly when Shania comes within view. Obstructive sign holding will cause security to give a warning to take the sign down or surrender it.

2) What is the policy on bringing cameras into the arena for the concert? Again he said that the Bradley center leaves that up to the artist performing. As he recalled, disposable cameras were completed agreeable to Shania's management and that professional style cameras with big telephoto lenses were discouraged (disallowed). I asked about personal digital cameras that were small like a disposable camera and he said it was his understanding that if the camera was small enough to fit in your pocket, then it was acceptable but if your camera had to be hung around your neck, needed a case to carry lenses or other attachement like Tripods then those are the type of cameras that won't make it through security.

Ok a couple of times during the hockey game and between periods, there was a video advertisement on the big screens for the Shania Twain Concert. It started with video clips of the MIFLAW video and also a clip of Shania in her Cat-print from TDIMM. At the bottom of the screen during the running of these two viedo clips in the Up! style font was " Shania Twain Up! Concert Tour" Then is would break to a screen with "Shanai Twain Oct. 29 7:30pm and ticket information for the Bradley Center box office and ticketmaster". Whenever this ad came on the screen, I swear almost everyone in the arena (including hockey players on the bench) would look up from the game and watch this Ad. It was awesome !!!!

In between periods I would also rush up to the concession area to see the baseball game (sad to say, Cubs Lost)
Old 10-16-2003, 02:02 PM

Re: Milwaukee Bradley Center Arena

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
(sad to say, Cubs Lost)

I know. Heavy, my Cub heart.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:15 AM

So for those from Milwaukee (or will be at the concert in Milwaukee) where should we meet up at before the show? There's a Chilil's in a mall about two blocks from the Bradley? should we meet there? any other suggestions?
Old 10-27-2003, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
So for those from Milwaukee (or will be at the concert in Milwaukee) where should we meet up at before the show? There's a Chilil's in a mall about two blocks from the Bradley? should we meet there? any other suggestions?

I saw on the OFC boards a few days ago that fans would get together at a place across the street called "Game Time". Not sure what kind of place that is put sounds like a Sports Bar of sorts. Anybody know?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:02 PM

Hi Richard! I would love to meet up with you and the other fans, but I'm going to be coming down with this guy I work with and his wife! One day at work he was wearing this Shania t-shirt from the last tour and ever since then we have been talking Shania! If you decide where to meet, maybe I can talk him into going there. He used to live in Milwaukee, so he knows that area pretty well!

I'm glad you said that about all the seats because stupid me, I don't usually get to go to concerts all that much and instead of trying for floor seats, I got section 226, row B. I know these are not bad seats, but reading everyones reviews, I still wish I would have tried for floor!

I'm also a Cubs fan and it was alittle sad!!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:11 PM

Richard, if I don't get back to this post tonight, I'll check back tommorrow night. I work from 6:55 a.m. - 3:25 p.m. and I'll ask Dave if he knows what that place is across from the Bradley Center! It does sound like a sports bar! I can't wait to go! It sounds like it's going to be a fun show!!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:00 AM

Cheryl,

I'd love to meet up with you, your colleague from work and his wife. Sounds fun. I haven't met a Shania fan yet that I didn't have an absolute blast with. Sounds like you're a dedicated fan too. Looking forward to meeting you. You know my face from the Indy board pictures so "Come On Over" and find me.
Looking forward to meeting you and any other fans who'll be in Milwaukee on Wednesday
Old 10-28-2003, 07:56 PM

Richard, I talked to Dave about meeting you and the other fans and he was all for it! I showed him Joni's picture of you, Joni and Betsy and the ones where you were up on stage with Shania and he really liked them! We will be leaving FDL at about 4:00, but we don't know where we will eat yet. I hope we can find you and some of the other fans that are on the board that are going! If we don't, I hope you have fun and maybe I'll see you from where I'm sitting, if you try to get Shania's attention again! Good luck!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
Richard, I talked to Dave about meeting you and the other fans and he was all for it! I showed him Joni's picture of you, Joni and Betsy and the ones where you were up on stage with Shania and he really liked them! We will be leaving FDL at about 4:00, but we don't know where we will eat yet. I hope we can find you and some of the other fans that are on the board that are going! If we don't, I hope you have fun and maybe I'll see you from where I'm sitting, if you try to get Shania's attention again! Good luck!

I'm on the floor about second row, Isle seat in the center of the stage....I think it's section 114 if I'm not mistaken. I'm gonna probably try to get up there early and hang out. I'll PM my cell phone number for you and Dave to give me a call.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:09 PM

Thanks, Richard! We will be sitting in section 226, row B and I plan on wearing the white t-shirt I bought from the STNAOFC so that might help in finding me!

One more thing, I took Wednesday and Thursday off from work, so I can check the board during the day before we go!

Last edited by Cheryl : 10-28-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
Thanks, Richard! We will be sitting in section 226, row B and I plan on wearing the white t-shirt I bought from the STNAOFC so that might help in finding me!

One more thing, I took Wednesday and Thursday off from work, so I can check the board during the day before we go!

Kewl!!!! I'm gonna try to park in the small parking lot directly across the street from the Bradley center which I think is next to the sports bar that others were talking about. Anyway, I couldn't PM or e-mail you through this site but you can to me. Send me an e-mail and I can send you and Dave my cell phone number.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:43 PM

Richard, I would love to email you, but I don't what it is and I would give you mine, but there are so many people that post on here, I don't know if I want just anyone to see it!

I think I might know that parking lot because I went with this older lady that I work with to a Dixie Chicks concert at the Bradley, otherwise we will just look for that sports bar! Hope to see you!!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:32 PM

On Stage: Shania Twain
Last Updated: Oct. 23, 2003

She's not exactly the arena-packing, box office monster she was a few years back, but Shania Twain remains a force.

After almost a year in release, Twain's album "Up!" is still in the top 5 on Billboard's country album chart, so the biggest-selling female artist in country music history hasn't exactly fallen off the planet.

Now Twain is venturing out of her Swiss chalet to go back on the road. Fans will have a chance to see if, at 38, she can still deliver the high-energy stage shows of her mid-'90s heyday when she visits the Bradley Center on Wednesday. The show is in the round.

- Dave Tianen
http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin...ct03/179399.asp

She's not exactly the arena-packing, box office monster she was a few years back, but Shania Twain remains a force.

- not exactly arena packing? - She selling out everywhere and has a consistent over $1 million box office revenues per show. Shows how little research this guy does. She is already surpassing her COO tour to date in ticket sales and revenues.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight1
On Stage: Shania Twain
Last Updated: Oct. 23, 2003

After almost a year in release, Twain's album "Up!" is still in the top 5 on Billboard's country album chart, so the biggest-selling female artist in country music history hasn't exactly fallen off the planet.

Now Twain is venturing out of her Swiss chalet to go back on the road. Fans will have a chance to see if, at 38, she can still deliver the high-energy stage shows of her mid-'90s heyday when she visits the Bradley Center on Wednesday. The show is in the round.

- Dave Tianen
http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin...ct03/179399.asp

- not exactly arena packing? - She selling out everywhere and has a consistent over $1 million box office revenues per show. Shows how little research this guy does. She is already surpassing her COO tour to date in ticket sales and revenues.

Seems this guy needs to be educated....
Considering Shania has had no presense in NY or Long Island, she sold out both venues here. She must be doing something right.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight1
- Dave Tianen

This guy must be an intern there...no doubt about that! Please someone email him to explain what journalism is... ever heard of accuracy of the facts?