Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Albums > Shania Twain & Woman In Me
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-18-2010, 12:54 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Pleasant Surprise!!

I am getting things ready on a cool Saturday morning for our Christmas trip to Florida, and was listening and watching when I could to a recent Sheryl Crow concert. She finished up with Steve McQueen, one of my favorites of hers. It got over about 12:25 p.m. on Polladia and next up was Kid Rock. I am not a big fan of his so I got up to go back to packing, when I heard a familiar beginning to a song, so I turned around and it was Shania's "God Bless The Child" video. So, I sat back down again and watched and listened until it was over and Kid Rock came on. Then it was back to packing.

As I watched the video, which I have always loved how it was done, and how much emotion she put into it making you believe she is so into what she is singing, a touch of sadness came over me. I am sad because we have had no songs with messages from her in such a long time, and right now, it seems like it may still be a long time, so it was very nice and a pleasant surprise to see something Shania, and such a good experience at that.

I think Polladia is doing some Christmas videos in between concerts, so maybe that was it. I know GBTC has been referred to and played in the past as a Christmas song, but in any event, I thank them for playing it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Steve & Terry
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:41 PM

I guess you could say I have played the heck out of my "Woman In Me, the UK version. I love the bonus tracks. Now it seems it will no longer play in my CD player in my car. It skips over the songs and only plays a couple. I will make once more attempt to clean it, but I can pick another copy up at Amazon for about $10. Not bad since when this was out, it cost me $32.

Steve
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM

Okay, so it took me a year +2 months, but I have ordered a new copy of the WIM/UK. I had it loaded to my pc, and burned a copy, but it's not the same as having the original. One big difference this time is the cost. When I found the first one in a Rhode Island music store back in 1999, I paid about $32 for it. This time it cost me $10.58. I don't care though. I would have paid $32 again if that's what it would take. It's a great version and has the bonus tracks and video of GBTC.

Steve
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 PM

The UPS guy just brought my new WIM UK. Looks identical to the one I've had all these years. Gotta play it soon to make sure it is ok.

Steve