Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Board Administrator

The new album..ideas

Shania has mentioned in interviews she is not sure what direction to take. She mentioned styles like accoustic and maybe an album of duets with her favorite artists.

What else would you like to see. Keep discussion limited to the album itself and not where it should be promoted, etc.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Chris I think an album of duets would be nice to see...One person I can think of right off is Pat Benatar because I know she was a huge influence on Shania growing up...I would like to see those two sing together... Also I still would like to see Toby Keith and Shania but together a song as well...She could be wearing the same outfit that she wore just recently when she rode that horse...As a matter of fact singing on horseback with Toby Keith and Shania would be fantastic...

Benjamin
Old 11-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Who's On First?

..or ridin' in a pickup truck....
Old 11-26-2005, 07:35 PM

Those are good ideas! I would like an acoustic or a bluegrass or a duets CD and an even a CD like the TWIM! I hope someday she does a Christmas CD or like Steve said, in our lifetime!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Who's On First?

....all I ask is put a little yodeling in whatever she puts out....
Old 11-26-2005, 09:48 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Well, I have no idea what direction Shania is going to go in for her next album, but whatever it is, I know I'll love it!
There are definately 3 types of albums I would eventually like to hear from Shania: an acoustic album, a Christmas album, and an album where she re-records all of her personal favorite songs!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Still The One!

i'd love to hear an album that captures the way Shania sounded when she sang The Woman In Me live in concert - not necessarily an album full of ballads - but just her breathtaking vocals above everything else...

sonal
Old 11-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Bee
i'd love to hear an album that captures the way Shania sounded when she sang The Woman In Me live in concert - not necessarily an album full of ballads - but just her breathtaking vocals above everything else...

sonal

When she did TWIM at the shows I went to, you could hear a pin drop. It was one of those great surprises during the show.

-Chris

Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 PM

Duets, Covers are out of my list, I don't want nor a full album of duets, neither covers.

I want original material, the style in not the most important part of it, as far as I like the melody and the message. But I definitelly think, it's time for something new, fresh and different.
I do think she needs to reinvent herself for the next album.

My dream would be an acoustic album, a rock album, or something rock-folk and even some bluesy stuff.

and NO MORE DRUM-MACHINES!!!

Last edited by Jud : 11-26-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:12 PM

Reinvention, absolutely! I think the next album is something totally different from Shania and, probably something new for country as well. I think this album lies between TWIM-COO style-wise.

Ideally for me would be a roots album, with folk, classic country, rock, and a hint of strings/blues in the mix. A duet or five would be fine, and I would like to see her tackle a country classic or two.

I would also like to see her write with others. There are some true talents, not only in Nashville, that would be great writing pairs for Shania and Mutt. I think we see more personal songs on this album, and less "Up!" songs. Remember, she is now a mother of a few years and a devoted wife. I think she is ready to tackle some of her pass and she mentioned recently that she has been thinking about her life, so I think we see some new great stuff from Shania Twain.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Going UP

I don't really mind what Shania does next,although I'm not keen on her doing duets or cover versions,Twain/Lange original material for me!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:41 AM

I've always wanted to hear Shania and Bryan Adams to sing a duet... his husky voice would perfectly complement her soulfull voice.... and if this does happen, imagine what the video would be like...
Regarding the album, Up! was optimistic, i think she should take on a different direction... maybe more on the lines of TWIM , only with a different musical arrangement, be it COO or TWIM itself...or as some of you mentioned bluegrass, although doubt it will receive a good response in other parts of the world, like here maybe. (A few songs is a pleasant change, but an album length, i dunno...maybe i'm wrong!)
Old 11-27-2005, 09:58 AM
shania fan

Send a message via Yahoo to stwainfan
accoustic album
duet howbout Reba, or ME LOL
Old 11-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Board Administrator

One recording I would love is "You Shook Me All Night Long", done as a rock version with the Falls. It doesn't even need to be a part of the new album, maybe a one off single released to raise money for her charity, or as a bonus track on the album.

Accoustic, would be very interesting, I really loved Up! Close. Maybe she could do one with some of her old material with some new stuff mixed in.

A duet album would be interesting, if it were done in addition to a studio album, unless Shania and Mutt pen all the duets. Like Shania said, it would be hard to do this on a tour. It just screams "special project".

Anyway, as to the album itself, I prefer Shania and or Shania/Mutt written songs. Maybe Shania could produce a song or two herself (for real not just as a money making gimick like other artists do), Mutt would remain Executive Producer of the album. I hope the album is a mix of different styles like TWIM and COO were. As long as we do not get Hip Hop or Rapping Shania, I will be happy.

The simplest idea of mine would be Mutt on electric guitar and Shania on accoustic guitar, and Shania singing, with Mutt doing backup vocals.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 11-27-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:41 PM

I’d like to see Shania and Mutt come up with something so rock and so country, not labeling the genre, and handing to the label heads. To see the looks on the faces of the country music industry executives would be priceless, even more so when the album goes on to sell 10 million+ copies. They very well may do that—that is—do an album with such blurred genres that the industry has to call a “Miscellaneous” for her, as they first did with Norah Jones and many others. [She’ll probably always be marketed as country in America, but that’s not what I’m getting at.]

I don’t think she should go straight into one genre. It’s simply not the kind of music she makes. It’s also not like Shania to backtrack into styles of past albums. Look at “The Woman in Me,” then “Come on Over,” and then “Up!” Each has its own flavor to it. She likes to reinvent herself, as many of you have said, experiment with different sounds (i.e., “Up!”), market in different ways, etc. She likes trying new things and bettering herself. This we know.

So, I’d like to see something even better than what we saw with “Come on Over.” Hell, I want her to outsell “Thriller”! But again, that’s not the point.

The sound: catchy dance-beats, pop-sounding fiddles, orchestra layered backgrounds (for both slow and up-tempo songs), hard-rock electric guitars (the kinds that scream), cleverly chorded steel guitar arrangements. The ballads would be instrumentally simple while adding a classical pop sound (via string instruments) and tints of country synthesizer. The up-tempo songs should rock with both fiddles and electric guitars, as always. This, in my opinion, has been and will continue to be, Shania at her best.

Not only would this be my dream Shania album, but my dream album period. Shania’s voice just makes everything over-the-top perfect.

Last edited by paradice1506 : 11-28-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Post New Thread Reply