Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 PM

I like the white and black dresses Shania does have a nice tan.

Thanks Dax especially for the performing vidcap!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
From Countrynation...
Say Cheese....
-- Alison Krauss, Shania, Reba, Jessica Simpson, Dolly and Reese Witherspoon at this past weekend's Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, DC.

Tell me this lineup doesn't have trouble written all over it.

-Chris

What a musical collaboration that would be!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:23 PM

I wonder if her voice is back to normal. I hope so. I suppose she sang live Coat Of Many Colors.
Too bad nobody asked her about her next album.
Everything's goin' your way
Old 12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Can't say much more, just WOWWWWWW!!! She is looking great! Can't wait for the show.

Steve
Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 PM

I agree totally, Steve! Shania really looks fantastic and I also can't wait to see this program!! Thanks Dax for the news from Canada and I just love the last two pics! Lots of classy women in that pic!!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:45 PM
On Hiatus

Link deleted due to violation of copyrights. Please read the Code of Conduct: board users will be suspended if there is violation of copyrights. This has been repeated quite often recently. If the videoclip is not hosted by a website that is a label, a tv station, a radio station or the artist's own website for instance, please do not posted because it would be a violation of copyrights.

Last edited by FV : 12-06-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Awww thanks for that, it was good too see Shania. You can hear her a little singing "Coat of Many Colors". I hope that she sings "COMC" as well as she sang "Blue eyes crying in the rain", when she paid tribute to Wille Nelson on his birthday

Last edited by FV : 12-06-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM

Hmn..., do you think ST was sharing any international advice here?

Now THIS, I would've liked to have heard. Shania on lead, and Allison harmonizing, is as good as anything I can ever remember.

Yep, I agree there's a lot of musical ability here. Might be the best combination of musical artistry and feminine artistry that many men have ever seen in one spot.

However I have a different view than most of you except Jud, on one thing. Yes, the pink dress may have stole the show. And yes, the white dress and tan are very impressive.

However I think she looks best here in the black dress. A classic beauty, in top form, in the sweet spot, among a group of the best in their field. Allison may have more awards. Reba may have more years at the top plus a fine TV show. Jessica may be younger. Dolly may be getting the night's award, and may have been around a lot longer and have more songs and performances. And if the other gal is Carrie, she may be newer. I like them all. And I'm very fond of Allison, Reba and even Dolly. But in this picture at least, and possibly elsewise too, I like ST best.

Last edited by Bob : 12-06-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Hmn..., do you think ST was sharing any international advice here?

I seriously doubt that, Shania is a songwriter not a politician. Condi is a musician, so I bet that's what they talked about.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 12-05-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
And if the other gal is Carrie, she may be newer.

No, it's Reese Witherspoon.

I have no problem with the pink dress, she looks great, but its a tricky one to wear. One must be carefull how to stand, and we just forget sometimes to stand straight.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:00 AM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Thanks all for all the great pics of Shania! She's a beauty! I really like that white dress, as well as the black one. Looking forward to seeing the show.

Mary R
Old 12-06-2006, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
I seriously doubt that, Shania is a songwriter not a politician. Condi is a musician, so I bet that's what they talked about.

-Chris

Good point about the musical background. I'd forgotten that.

However "International advice" need not be only about politics. I admit I had said that in a teasing way, with a hint in that direction.

However, my actual main idea was that Shania lives in Europe. And she knows the best places, things to do, and ways to get around out of the public eye.

I'm not so sure that Condi would presume to talk music shop with Shania. As world travelers, and not always on their jobs with official business, they are more on an even footing, and that's very possibly a topic for beneficial info exchange.

Now that I've thought about it a bit further, more likely than any of the above topics, they probably talked about the event, about Dolly, the stars there, and their impressions of those, etc. It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall, so to speak, and rather than speculate, hear what they actually DID talk about.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
No, it's Reese Witherspoon.

I have no problem with the pink dress, she looks great, but its a tricky one to wear. One must be carefull how to stand, and we just forget sometimes to stand straight.

Oh, thanks for the Info about Reese. I've heard the name, but don't know her.

Last edited by Bob : 12-06-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:03 PM

Seems that Condiliza Rice has great admiration for Shania Twain to get a group photo with her...Pretty amazing sight to see them together like that...Could not resist saving that image and showing it off here at work...Shania is definately very visible at the Kennedy public gathering...Shania is absolutely stunning in that white and hot pink outfit she is wearing...I bet she asked Mutt if she was being a bit provactive in that low cut dress knowing the way Shania is...But Mutt probably said Nah! Just go out there be yourself and have some fun with everyone...Looks like Shania got that opportunity in a great way by appearing with so many people...Thanks for sharing those pictures all...I loved all of them and especially the group photo of Shania with all the other country singer greats...

Benjamin
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 PM
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by awagner
Link deleted due to violation of copyrights. Please read the Code of Conduct: board users will be suspended if there is violation of copyrights. This has been repeated quite often recently. If the videoclip is not hosted by a website that is a label, a tv station, a radio station or the artist's own website for instance, please do not posted because it would be a violation of copyrights.

That's ok, I understand! I just figured since Universal "legalized" YouTube and Shania's people said it's fine to post YT vids at the OFC, that it would be fine here as well. I respect your opinion and will not post links here, FV!