Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 AM

Send a message via MSN to tarrant
Some News Updates On Our Beautiful Shania

PAGE 1 OF 2

Shania Twain's new video... and new man
As Shania Twain continues to slowly emerge from a sabbatical from public life, fans are steadily learning more about all that's new in the singer's life... including her new man.
More than a year following a difficult split from her cheating husband, Shania Twain announced on her webpage that she's "doing great" and just about ready to announce her "new relationship."
Last night, on her 44th birthday, she posted a message and new video chronicling her most memorable moments from her year in relative hiding.
"I feel very alive and well, ready to take on the gift of another year," Twain says. "When I wake up each day I remind myself how lucky I am to have all the beautiful things I do in my life and allow that gratitude to fuel me for the day, taking one day at a time. I try not to worry about tomorrow since I realize I can't control what it will bring or whether tomorrow will even come."
"I consider myself on a journey of discovery and recovery," she adds. "I don't accept to be held down by the past, nor do I expect too much of the future."
And just who is beside Twain for the ride?
Frederic Thiebaud, whom Twain calls "a dear friend and true gentleman."
He "has been the most constant companion of support for both [8-year-old son] Eja and me, and having gone through the suffering of his family splitting apart at the same time under the same extreme circumstances, he understood me better than anyone," she writes. "We leaned on one another through the ups and downs, taking turns holding each other up. We've become stronger and closer through it all."
((((DARN IT.... VIDEO ONLY AVAILABLE IN USA)))

http://www.examiner.com/x-14650-Ent...deo-and-new-man

For Billy c's brd....AOL Online...
How did That's How Country Boys Roll come to be.... and loved our Shania (she always looking after her billy c.... just like he was one of her brothers) dropped by billy c's myspace and said she loved the video.... could I love Shania any more... I think not. Anyway... here goes...
Currington told AOL about this redneck anthem, which he wrote together with Brett Jones and, Dallas Davidson. He explained: "Okay, I had to have a redneck song on here. I for sure wanted a really rockin' good Country song. This song was written on a trip to Key West. I had no plans to write any songs. We ended up bringing a guitar, and one of the guys started playing this groove, and singing the title, 'that's how country boys roll', you know, the melody along with that title, and everybody just kind of perked up like 'Okay, we're gonna finish this song.' We kinda felt it all that moment and thought we'd write us up a good Country song."

Nicole Kidman & Shania Twain Back Women's Charity
Last week, 25th Sep 15:00
Nicole Kidman, Shania Twain, Naomi Campbell and Tyra Banks joined Britain's first lady Sarah Brown and Queen Rania of Jordan in New York on Wednesday (23Sep09) to show their support for a women's charity.

U.S. lifestyle queen Martha Stewart and designer Diane von Furstenburg also attended the Important Dinner for Women, where the world's most powerful women were celebrated.

The gala was also held to support the Millennium Development Goal, which aims to reduce the number of women who die from childbirth every year.

Brown, the wife of U.K. Prime Minister Gordon Brown, co-hosted the charity event and urged the 300 attendees to help save lives by using their voices to raise the profile of the global initiative.

She told the crowd, "When a mother survives, a lot survives with her, and when women come together, they are an unstoppable force for change."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entert...dman-71796.html

Nicole Kidman And Shania Twain Show Support For Women's Charity
by Staff
Nicole Kidman, Shania Twain, Naomi Campbell and Tyra Banks joined Britain's first lady Sarah Brown and Queen Rania of Jordan in New York on Wednesday (23Sep09) to show their support for a women's charity.
U.S. lifestyle queen Martha Stewart
and designer Diane von Furstenburg also attended the Important Dinner for Women, where the world's most powerful women were celebrated.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/e...7.shtml?ref=rss

Shania Twain: 'I've moved on from split'
Saturday, September 5 2009, 7:16pm EDT
Shania Twain has revealed that she has "moved on" after her marriage brok up last year.
In a letter on her website, accompanied by photos and video footage, the singer thanked her fans for their support.
She explained that she was "concentrating on moving on and forward" and added that she felt "lucky".
"I try not to worry about tomorrow since I realise I can't control what it will bring or whether tomorrow will even come," she continued. "So, I focus on today and treat every minute with the respect it deserves and not take it for granted.
"I consider myself on a journey of discovery and recovery. I don't accept to be held down by the past, nor do I expect too much of the future."
Twain revealed that she has been setting her "dreams into action", and noted: "It's clear how remarkably active my life has been since last December - a time in the life of someone working hard to 'move on' and succeeding."
She concluded: "Yes, I hit a very big bump in the road, but [my son] Eja and I are doing well."

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a...from-split.html

(gorgeous picture)
(Photos) Shania Twain 'Feels Like A Woman' Again After Marriage Breakup
Country Singer, Shania Twain is feeling like a woman again, returning to the spotlight with a new man by her side after her marriage broke up last year.
Twain, 44, separated from her husband of 14 years, record producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, just over a year ago after he had an affair, ending a highly lucrative partnership in which Lange produced the Canadian star's three blockbuster albums.
But after largely disappearing from the public eye for a year, Twain is back, set to appear as a guest judge on television singing contest "American Idol" during auditions this week.
In a letter addressed to fans on her website, which is accompanied by a video, Twain said she spent the past year traveling, reading, sharing time with her son 8-year-old Eja, and "concentrating on moving on and forward."
"I hit a very big bump in the road," said Twain, whose marriage broke down after her husband was reported to be having an affair with longtime secretary and manager of the couple's Swiss chateau, Marie-Anne Thiebaud.

http://www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bi...=158&num=254153
Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 AM

PAGE 2 OF 3

Country music singer Shania Twain to come back on scene - September 2009

WASHINGTON: Country music singer Shania Twain is slowly stepping back into the spotlight after the breakup of her marriage to Robert "Mutt” Lange in May 2008.

Twain has been keeping a low profile, aside from a brief appearance at the Country Music Association awards in November. But this week she served as a guest judge on "American Idol" during the Chicago auditions, and she has reached out to fans by posting a personal letter and video travelogue on her Web site.
Oklahoma native Reba McEntire hopes this will mark Twain’s reemergence onto the scene.
"The country music industry is ready for Shania Twain to come back, definitely,” said McEntire. "You could see that at the CMA Awards. They gave her a standing ovation when she walked out on stage.”
Taylor Swift recently gave credit to Twain "for always making theatrical videos,” during an acceptance speech at the Country Music Television awards. Swift said, "I take my cues from you.”
Twain posted the letter and video on her Web site last Friday, her 44th birthday, to show what she and her son have been up to in the past year.

http://newsok.com/singer-to-come-ba...ustom_click=rss

SHANIA TO CARRY THE TORCH- CANADIAN PRESS- CANOE- JAM

TIMMINS, Ont. - Shania Twain will carry the Olympic torch through her northern Ontario hometown of Timmins.
The pop-country superstar says the honour "is certain to be one of the most memorable experiences of my life."
Twain says on her website that she will carry the flame through the city on Jan. 1, 2010 as part of the Olympic Torch Relay.
The high-profile appearance comes as Twain prepares for a career comeback after her much-publicized break-up with music producer Robert (Mutt) Lange last year.
She's also set to appear on "American Idol" as a guest judge on the reality singing competition.
Twain said in a release that she is honoured to be a torch bearer for the 2010 Winter Olympics, which run Feb. 12 to 28 in Vancouver.
"I am proud to have been presented this unique opportunity and privilege and look forward to sharing the pride with my hometown and fellow Canadians as we are all proud of our country's chance to host the upcoming Winter Games," Twain said.
"I have a tremendous respect for the hard work, dedication and talent of the world's greatest athletes and will humbly carry and pass on the Olympic torch with a special pride for my country's Olympians. I am grateful for this special gift of participation in carrying the flame that represents such an incredible spirit of sportsmanship and excellence and wish all the athletes of the 2010 Winter Olympics courage, strength and triumph during the Games."
The torch will visit over 1,000 communities and will be carried by 12,000 people on a 45,000-kilometre journey.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Country/2009/10/01/11234371-cp.html

Lordy... she's everywhere... (gorgeous photo...)

Shania Twain on comeback trail

Shania Twain is slowly stepping back into the spotlight after the break up of her marriage to Robert Mutt Lange in May 2008.
Twain has been keeping a low profile, aside from an appearance at the Country Music Association awards last November.
But this week she will be a guest judge on American Idol during the Chicago auditions, and she has reached out to fans by posting a personal letter and video travelogue on her website.
Twain's marriage to Lange fell apart following his alleged affair with the manager of the couple's chateau in Switzerland.
AP

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/...90902-f7pe.html

get your translators out darlins...

Shania Twain, intercambio de parejas (omg... the picture)-spanish
La cantante ha rehecho su vida junto al compañero de la mujer con quien su esposo la engañó
Los Angeles. (Agencias).- La famosa cantante de country Shania Twain vuelve a sentirse como una mujer plena. Y es que un año después de separarse de su marido por la infidelidad de éste, la cantante ha rehecho su vida junto al compañero de la mujer con quien su esposo la engañó.

Twain, de 44 años, se separó del que hab*a sido su marido durante 14 años, el productor discográfico Robert John Mutt Lange, hace un año después de que descubriera que él ten*a un romance, culminando as* una alianza muy lucrativa en la que Lange produjo los tres exitosos discos de la estrella canadiense.

Tras desaparecer del ojo público durante un año, Shania Twain está de vuelta, preparada para aparecer como jueza invitada en el concurso televisivo American Idol. En una carta dirigida a sus admiradores en su sitio de internet -acompañada de un v*deo- Shania Twain señala que ha pasado el año pasado viajando, leyendo, pasando tiempo junto a Eja, su hijo de ocho años, y "concentrada en seguir adelante".

"Encontré un gran bache en el camino", afirma Twain, cuyo matrimonio colapsó después de enterarse de que su marido estaba teniendo un romance con Marie-Anne Thiebaud, secretaria durante muchos años y administradora de la cabaña suiza de la pareja.

Twain agrega que ahora busca rodearse de gente en la que puede confiar, refieréndose particularmente a un hombre llamado Fred, descrito como su actual pareja. Este compañero no es otro que Frederic Thiebaud, esposo de Marie-Anne Thiebaud, es decir, la pareja de la mujer con la que su marido la engañó.

"Nos hemos apoyado el uno al otro por medio de los altibajos, turnándonos para levantarnos. Nos hemos fortalecido y acercado al pasar esto, como también lo han hecho nuestros hijos Eja y Johanna (la hija de ocho años de Fred)", sostiene Twain, que no aclara en ningún momento si publicará pronto nuevo material.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/gente-y-...ed-angeles.html
Old 10-05-2009, 02:41 AM

PAGE 3 OF 4
SHANIA TWAIN 'HAVING THE BEST TIME' AS IDOL GUEST JUDGE (picture stunning)

Just days after opening up about her relationship with Frédéric Thiébaud, Shania Twain is also getting cozy — professionally-speaking — with Simon Cowell during her stint as a guest judge for American Idol’s Chicago auditions.
“She’s loving American Idol. She’s having the best time,” says a source close to the singer, who is filling Paula Abdul’s vacant seat during auditions Monday and Tuesday in the Windy City. “She and Simon have a really great rapport with each other. They’re funny together.”
Cowell isn’t the only one having fun with Twain, 44. “The crew loved working with her,” says an Idol source. “Everyone thought she was a great addition to the judges’ table. She showed up in good spirits and had a lot of fun. She was clearly really excited to be a part of the day.”
Twain’s stint on the talent search capped an unusually public week for the typically private singer, who last week finally opened up about her relationship with Thiébaud. “She’s the happiest I’ve seen her in years. I know [he] has a lot to do with it,” says the Twain source, adding, “She’s really pleased to be in the public eye again.”
After finishing her Idol judging Tuesday, Twain will head home to Switzerland, where her son Eja, 8, is in school. Says the Twain source, “She’ll continue writing songs and enjoying life.” –Jason Lynch with reporting by Alexis Chiu Lisa Ingassia

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/0...ss-topheadlines

Aug. 29, 2009: John Mayer's challenge, Shania Twain's choice and a toast.
Singer Shania Twain said she is planning to marry Frédéric Thiébaud, the ex-husband of the woman who had an affair with her then-husband, Robert "Mutt" Lange, Star magazine reports

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/en...7C?OpenDocument

New Zealand

Shania Twain moves on after split
WASHINGTON - Country music singer Shania Twain is slowly stepping back into the spotlight after the break up of her marriage to Robert "Mutt" Lange in May 2008.
Twain has been keeping a low profile, aside from a brief appearance at the Country Music Association awards last November. But this week she will be a guest judge on American Idol during the Chicago auditions, and she has reached out to fans by posting a personal letter and video travelogue on her Web site.
Reba McEntire hopes this will mark Twain's reemergence onto the scene.
"The country music industry is ready for Shania Twain to come back, definitely," said McEntire. "You could see that at the CMA Awards. They gave her a standing ovation when she walked out on stage."
Taylor Swift recently gave credit to Twain "for always making theatrical videos," during an acceptance speech at the Country Music Television awards. Swift said, "I take my cues from you."
Twain posted the letter and video on her website, her 44th birthday, to show what she and her son have been up to in the past year.
"I hit a very big bump in the road," she wrote. "But Eja and I are doing well and with all the concern you, my fans, have shown over this difficult period, I want you to see for yourself that we are doing fine, by sharing these personal images with you."
Twain's marriage to Lange fell apart last May following his alleged affair with Marie-Anne Thiebaud, a longtime secretary and manager of the couple's chateau in Switzerland. Since then, Twain has relied on Thiebaud's ex-husband, Frederic Thiebaud to heal.
"A dear friend and true gentleman by the name of Fred, has been the most constant companion of support for both Eja and me," Twain wrote. "And having gone through the suffering of his family splitting apart at the same time under the same extreme circumstances, he understood me better than anyone."
Twain said she has made a point of surrounding herself with "loved ones I can trust."
"When I reflect on it all," Twain said. "It's clear how remarkably active my life has been since last December - a time in the life of someone working hard to "move on" and succeeding."
There's no word on when she might come out with new music. But she said her experiences are helping her find inspiration through seeing new and fascinating things. And she's putting that inspiration in to writing.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertain...jectid=10594525
Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 AM

PAGE 4 OF 4

Shania Twain Re-Emerges

WASHINGTON — Country music singer Shania Twain is slowly stepping back into the spotlight after the break up of her marriage to Robert "Mutt" Lange in May 2008.
Twain has been keeping a low profile, aside from a brief appearance at the Country Music Association awards last November. But this week she will be a guest judge on "American Idol" during the Chicago auditions, and she has reached out to fans by posting a personal letter and video travelogue on her Web site.

Reba McEntire hopes this will mark Twain's reemergence onto the scene.
"The country music industry is ready for Shania Twain to come back, definitely," said McEntire. "You could see that at the CMA Awards. They gave her a standing ovation when she walked out on stage."
Taylor Swift recently gave credit to Twain "for always making theatrical videos," during an acceptance speech at the Country Music Television awards. Swift said, "I take my cues from you."
Twain posted the letter and video on her Web site Friday, her 44th birthday, to show what she and her son have been up to in the past year.
"I hit a very big bump in the road," she wrote. "But Eja and I are doing well and with all the concern you, my fans, have shown over this difficult period, I want you to see for yourself that we are doing fine, by sharing these personal images with you."
Twain's marriage to Lange fell apart last May following his alleged affair with Marie-Anne Thiebaud, a longtime secretary and manager of the couple's chateau in Switzerland. Since then, Twain has relied on Thiebaud's ex-husband, Frederic Thiebaud to heal.
"A dear friend and true gentleman by the name of Fred, has been the most constant companion of support for both Eja and me," Twain wrote. "And having gone through the suffering of his family splitting apart at the same time under the same extreme circumstances, he understood me better than anyone."
Twain said she has made a point of surrounding herself with "loved ones I can trust."
"When I reflect on it all," Twain said. "It's clear how remarkably active my life has been since last December – a time in the life of someone working hard to "move on" and succeeding."
There's no word on when she might come out with new music. But she said her experiences are helping her find inspiration through seeing new and fascinating things. And she's putting that inspiration in to writing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/...s_n_273442.html

Reuters: Spain

La cantante Shania Twain dice que ha superado su separación
LOS ÁNGELES, EEUU (Reuters) - La cantante de country Shania Twain dice que vuelve a sentirse como una mujer, al volver a aparecer en los medios con un hombre nuevo a su lado después de que su matrimonio se rompiera el año pasado.
Twain, de 44 años, se separó hace un año de su marido durante 14 años, el productor discográfico Robert John "Mutt" Lange, después de que él tuviera una aventura, poniendo fin a una sociedad muy lucrativa en la que Lange produjo los tres populares discos de la estrella canadiense.
Ahora, tras desaparecer de los medios durante un año, Twain está de vuelta preparada para aparecer como juez invitada en el concurso televisivo "American Idol" durante las audiciones de esta semana.
En una carta a sus admiradores publicada en su página web, acompañada de un v*deo, Twain señaló que ha pasado un año viajando, leyendo, pasando tiempo con Eja, su hijo de ocho años, y "concentrada en seguir adelante".
"Di con un gran bache en el camino", dijo Twain, cuyo matrimonio se derrumbó después de que los medios publicaran que su marido estaba teniendo un romance con Marie-Anne Thiebaud, su antigua secretaria y administradora del castillo suizo de la pareja.
Twain añadió que ahora quiere rodearse de gente en la que puede confiar, refiriéndose especialmente a un hombre llamado "Fred", al que describe como un compañero constante.
Su compañero es Frederic Thiebaud, marido de Marie-Anne Thiebaud.
"Nos hemos apoyado el uno al otro en medio de los altibajos, turnándonos para levantar al otro. Nos hemos fortalecido y acercado al pasar por esto, como también lo han hecho nuestros hijos Eja y Johanna (la hija de ocho años de Fred)", sostuvo Twain.
Twain no hizo mención alguna sobre la publicación de nuevo material.

http://es.reuters.com/article/enter...090901?rpc=401&

..... u have to move about 2/3 down the page- and you can't miss that beautiful face of our Princess (German)

Shania Twain hat sich vom Liebesschmerz erholt (Shania Twain recovered from the dear pain)

Das Leben von Pop-Sängerin Shania Twain (44) ist ein Jahr nach der Trennung von ihrem Ehemann Mutt Lange wieder im Lot. Zusammen mit ihrem Sohn Eja (8) habe sie sich neu zurechtgefunden.
"Ich bin okay. Ja, ich habe einen ziemlichen Hammer hinnehmen müssen, aber Eja und mir geht es gut. Ich fühle mich sehr lebendig. Leben, lieben, lachen und träumen stehen ganz oben auf meiner Liste. Ich bin auf dem Pfad der Erkundung und Heilung", schreibt sie in ihrem Internet-Tagebuch. "Ich will mich nicht von der Vergangenheit runterziehen lassen oder zu viel von der Zukunft erwarten", fügte sie hinzu.
Twains Ehe war im vergangenen Jahr zerbrochen, als Lange eine Affäre mit Marie-Anne Thiebaud anfing, eine langjährige Freundin des Paares, die auch ihr Schloss in der Schweiz managte. Thiebauds Ex-Mann Frederic habe ihr in den vergangenen Monaten sehr geholfen. Twain nennt ihn einen "lieben Freund und echten Gentleman".
Quelle: Schweizerische Depeschenagentur
Letztes Update: 01.09.09, 13:05 Uhr

http://www.a-z.ch/news/people/shani...-erholt-3149171

Please note the links are attached
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 AM

I apologize for my billy c. news amongst all of shania's news blurbs. As you all know when trying to capture some great news updates etc. it's like am on 20 sites at once.... and Shania am so impressed by the different photos - and how much the whole world loves you.... just like your legions of fans (well not really surprised there). We just love u so much. Have a great week friends... and wait until you see the wonderful Hudson's Bay outfits chosen for the Winter Olympics 2010. They are so laid back and so Canadian.... just imagine how our ShaniaGirl will look... I hope Eja runs right along side of her... wish we could all be there.

And any American fans who DO actually get to see the CMT video... would you share with us. Nova.