Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 AM

Shania Twain to resume career with Vegas residency

I discovered this piece of news looking at Philippine news: Seems there are a lot of Filipinos interested still in Shania Twain.

Shania Twain to resume career with Vegas residency

Reuters

Posted at 06/09/2011 7:33 AM | Updated as of 06/09/2011 7:33 AM

LOS ANGELES – Country star Shania Twain will end her self-imposed career hiatus by starting a two-year residency in Las Vegas in December 2012, she said Wednesday.

The Grammy-winning Canadian, who largely stepped away from public life seven years ago to focus on her crumbling marriage, will dust off her big hits for fans at the 4,300-seat Colosseum arena in Caesar's Palace.

The show, dubbed "Shania: Still the One," will kick off on December 1, 2012. She will be the first country music headliner at the venue.

The announcement follows a TV documentary series and a book in which Twain, 45, chronicled the demise of her 14-year marriage and fears that she would never sing again because of emotional pain and an ailment called dysphonia, in which muscles squeeze the voice box.

Twain's 1997 album "Come on Over" was a huge crossover hit, boosting her worldwide album sales to more than 75 million, but her last studio album was the 2002 release "Up!"

She walked away from her career to work on her marriage to her reclusive producer and co-writer Robert John "Mutt" Lange. The marriage fell apart in 2008 when Lange and Twain's best friend fell in love with each other.

"I figured mentally that I would never sing again, Twain told Oprah Winfrey in early May in her first TV interview for five years. "My fears and anxieties throughout my whole life have been slowly squeezing my voice."

Twain's decision to resume her career will be revealed in Sunday's final episode of the OWN cable channel series "Why Not?".

She is also expected to release her first single in six years "Today (is Your Day)."

Benjamin