Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Who's On First?

The only critics will be Shania bashers.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Here is the Official Press Release posted by Claudia at the Shania Forums. It's from Yahoo.

Press Release Source: Mercury Nashville

Shania Twain to Perform Live During AT&T WIRELESS SUPER BOWL XXXVII HALFTIME SHOW
Monday January 6, 8:05 am ET

Twain has been accorded endless awards and honors since breaking into the country music scene in 1995. She has won five Grammy Awards, named Entertainer of the Year in 1999 and 2000 by the Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association; and captured 22 BMI songwriting awards. The five Grammy Awards included: 1999 for Best Female Vocal Country Performance for "Man I Feel Like A Woman"; 1999 for Best Country Song "Come on Over"; 1998 for Best Female Country Performance for "You're Still The One"; 1998 for Best Country Song, "You're Still The One" and 1995 for Best Country Album, "The Woman In Me".

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030106/lam038_1.html

The awards they list here do not include her Canadian or international songwriting and performing awards. This would have been relevant since this show is seen beyond the borders of the USA by, as they say, 800 million people.

Roger
Old 01-06-2003, 11:55 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

All this seems to have happened since I was sick. What a pleasant surprise to read this thread. It's like going from the minor to major leagues, i.e., from the NFC Championship Game to the Super Bowl. It doesn't get any better than that. Shania is going to get about as much exposure as is possible by playing this event. It should boost her album sales and for those who think she is still in hiding, that she is in fact and absolutely back. Also, all those yahoos who have trashed her and her CD since she came back will be eating a little crow, because they don't ask performers as bad as these idiots are trying to make Shania out to be to perform at the Super Bowl Half-Time Show. Nope, they only ask "THE BEST" performers to be there! So, Go Shania and give AT&T Wireless an"UP"!

Steve
Old 01-06-2003, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger

The awards they list here do not include her Canadian or international songwriting and performing awards. This would have been relevant since this show is seen beyond the borders of the USA by, as they say, 800 million people.

Roger

There could be 2 reasons for this. They are saving space,there are just so many awards to mention.
The U.S. media tends to only talk about the U.S.
They always mention U.S. sales,not world wide sales most of the time.BUT who is counting.HA!!!!!! HA!!!!!!
Canada will be watching.The Superbowl, is almost as popular [in Canada] as ,THE GREY CUP.Hey,Celine Dion, is there too.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger

Roger

This is a US Press Release, that is why the others are excluded, just like her Canadian press releases omit her US awards.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-06-2003, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

This is a US Press Release, that is why the others are excluded, just like her Canadian press releases omit her US awards.

-Chris

Not really,we use the U.S. information alot in Canada. Here ,we ususally mention the U.S. sales only and the Grammys wins. The Junos ,are hardly mentioned ,only sometimes. JAM SHOWBIZ, usually has both. At least that is the way it is in Toronto,news papers.Our reporters are too lazy to do the research,it is easier to copy the U.S. info. Its a Canadian mentallity thing. NO, offence was intended.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Here is the Official Press Release posted by Claudia at the Shania Forums. It's from Yahoo.

Press Release Source: Mercury Nashville

Shania Twain to Perform Live During AT&T WIRELESS SUPER BOWL XXXVII HALFTIME SHOW
Monday January 6, 8:05 am ET

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030106/lam038_1.html

I clicked on the link and got this message:

This article has been removed at the request of the news provider.

Al
Old 01-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by byrdman
I clicked on the link and got this message:

This article has been removed at the request of the news provider.
Al

Old 01-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Men are like shoes...

That's SCARY!! I e-mailed the fanclub yesterday, since they apparently don't work on weekends, they e-mailed me back today. They said she is performing at the Superbowl. But I don't know what just happened, but I'm sure it's still true. Why would they announce it during the football game!

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 01-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Board Administrator

It was replaced .......

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030106/lam100_1.html

Shania Twain to Perform Live During AT&T Wireless Super Bowl XXXVII Halftime Show
Monday January 6, 4:41 pm ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Musical superstar SHANIA TWAIN will perform live at the Super Bowl in San Diego during the AT&T WIRELESS SUPER BOWL XXXVII HALFTIME SHOW, the NFL announced today.

Slated this year for Sunday, Jan. 26 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, the Super Bowl is annually the nation's highest-rated TV program and the most-watched single-day sporting event. This year's game will be televised live on ABC to an expected 130 million viewers in the United States and 800 million viewers worldwide.

"The AT&T Wireless Super Bowl Halftime Show is an important part of the Super Bowl and one of the most widely viewed entertainment events of the year," said NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue. "We are pleased that the spectacular talent of Shania Twain will become part of our Super Bowl halftime tradition."

"I can't imagine anyone getting up to go to the refrigerator with Shania Twain performing on the 50-yard line," said Michael Sievert, Chief Marketing Officer, AT&T Wireless. "Everything about this year's AT&T Wireless Super Bowl XXXVII Halftime Show promises to be nothing short of spectacular."

The AT&T WIRELESS SUPER BOWL XXXVII HALFTIME SHOW will be executive produced by music and entertainment industry icons JIMMY IOVINE, chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, and JOEL GALLEN, director-producer of Tenth Planet Productions.

Twain is on her way to becoming the first artist ever with three 10 million-selling albums, after her latest release, "Up!" The record setting new album sold a staggering 874,000 its debut week and has held the charts at number 1 for five consecutive weeks. This album followed the success of "Come On Over", which was the most successful female solo artist album of all-time with world-wide sales of over 34 million and the release of "The Woman in Me", another 10 million plus seller.

Twain has been accorded endless awards and honors since breaking into the country music scene in 1995. She has won five Grammy Awards, named Entertainer of the Year in 1999 and 2000 by the Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association; and captured 22 BMI songwriting awards. The five Grammy Awards included: 1999 for Best Female Vocal Country Performance for "Man I Feel Like A Woman"; 1999 for Best Country Song "Come on Over"; 1998 for Best Female Country Performance for "You're Still The One"; 1998 for Best Country Song, "You're Still The One" and 1995 for Best Country Album, "The Woman In Me".

About AT&T WIRELESS

AT&T Wireless (NYSE: AWE - News) is the largest independently traded wireless carrier in the United States, following our split from AT&T on July 9, 2001. AT&T Wireless now operates the largest GSM/GPRS network in the Western Hemisphere. With 20.2 million subscribers, and full-year 2001 revenues exceeding $13.6 billion, AT&T Wireless will continue delivering advanced high-quality mobile wireless communications services, voice or data, to businesses and consumers, in the U.S. and internationally. For more information, please visit us at www.attwireless.com .
Source: Mercury Nashville; NFL

Old 01-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Men are like shoes...

I definitley won't be going to my fridge!!

By the the way the NFL recently added Shania's preformance to their site. Scroll down to the headlines section, it's there.
http://www.nfl.com

And by the way, I just created my own Shania site, mostly a news site, with tv appearances. Nothing fancy.
http://tankandmaddie.tripod.com

Old 01-06-2003, 05:18 PM

whew! they gave a bit of a scare, eh?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Board Administrator

Twain + Super Bowl = Way Up!

Jennifer Slesnick - Clear Channel News

Shania Twain is already "Up" in this new year. The star is confirmed to perform during this year's Super Bowl XXXVII Halftime Show on January 26, according to Billboard.com.

The game is set for a 3 p.m. PT kickoff in San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium. Over 70,000 fans will be in attendance.

"The AT&T Super Bowl Halftime Show is an important part of the Super Bowl and one of the most widely viewed entertainment events of the year," NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said in a statement to billboard.com.

Last year's halftime show in New Orleans featured U2, while Mary J. Blige, Marc Anthony, Paul McCartney, Barry Manilow, Wynonna, Yolanda Adams, James Ingram, and Patti LaBelle took part in the pre-game festivities. Mariah Carey had the honor of singing the National Anthem.

No other performers have been announced for the event, traditionally watched by 131.7 million people in the US each year.
http://www.wcol.com/script/headline...usicnewscountry

-Chris

Old 01-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Board Administrator

Super Star
Shania Twain will perform during the Super Bowl XXXVII halftime show on Jan. 26 at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium. The entertainment extravaganza is expected to feature other performers as well. We reported in November that the Dixie Chicks have been tapped to sing the national anthem before the game, which ABC will air live at 5 p.m. EST. Billboard.com

http://www.countrynow.com/home/1,,wusn,00.html

-Chris

Old 01-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Men are like shoes...

But of course the NFL has confirmed Shania and not the Dixie Chicks! SO right now, all of the Superbowl frenzy is set on Shania!!

Post New Thread Reply