Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Board Administrator

Oh Toby, what made you say this

Toby Keith Proud of Sales

By Neil Haislop, Country Forever Productions

NASHVILLE, TN Tuesday 12.2.2003 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- In its third week of release, Toby Keith's "Shock 'n' Y'All" CD sold an additional 163,739 units, bringing to about a week away from scanning Platinum (already certified Double Platinum for units shipped). The NMC artist is proud that he is selling big under the country banner.

"I think being in a country-music-only genre, I don't get any pop play, I don't get any AC rock play," Toby notes. Shania and Faith and some of those have managed to get over there and get tremendous airplay over there. I think we're very proud that we stayed in a country format, that I write my own songs, and that we manage to sell as many in our window as we sold. It's miraculous I think, it's unbelievable that as small as the country window is in the world, that we reach that many people."

http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/ne...cle.php?id=4324

It makes it sound like Shania has done a bad thing. He likes her too. Toby has gotten exposure outside country, he may not realize that. His "Courtesy of the red white and blue" was HUGE!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-02-2003, 05:40 PM

Yeah, sometimes these people just don't realize what they are saying!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:32 AM

Sometimes we get a bit too sensitive about things. This, I think, is one of those times. Toby has been and is a staunch supporter of Shania. I know he would not say anything bad about her to the press. I think he was making a comment about how happy he is that his album is doing well in the smaller "Country genre" only arena and I think it is a valid point. I gotta tell you after seeing Shania perform "You Shook Me All Night" about 50 times already she could very easily be a "rock star" if she wanted too-how hot was that performance??? Point being, she chooses to consider herself a country artist and still holds on to her country roots. While her roots may be in country soil her branches are everywhere and growing like mad. She's also has great business sense. In my own opinion I don't think artists stay in the "country only" genre out of dedication to the genre-it think it's because they either can't crossover or they are afraid to take the risk given what happened to Garth, the chicks, Faith, etc. It takes guts to do this music thing your own way and if I criticized Toby at all for his statement noted above it would be that he didn't add that to what he said. PS I did buy Toby's CD to support him given his support of Shania and I'm still glad I did. I just learned to perform "I Love This Bar" this week! Fun CD! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 12-03-2003, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Sometimes we get a bit too sensitive about things. This, I think, is one of those times. Toby has been and is a staunch supporter of Shania. I know he would not say anything bad about her to the press. I think he was making a comment about how happy he is that his album is doing well in the smaller "Country genre" only arena and I think it is a valid point. I gotta tell you after seeing Shania perform "You Shook Me All Night" about 50 times already she could very easily be a "rock star" if she wanted too-how hot was that performance??? Point being, she chooses to consider herself a country artist and still holds on to her country roots. While her roots may be in country soil her branches are everywhere and growing like mad. She's also has great business sense. In my own opinion I don't think artists stay in the "country only" genre out of dedication to the genre-it think it's because they either can't crossover or they are afraid to take the risk given what happened to Garth, the chicks, Faith, etc. It takes guts to do this music thing your own way and if I criticized Toby at all for his statement noted above it would be that he didn't add that to what he said. PS I did buy Toby's CD to support him given his support of Shania and I'm still glad I did. I just learned to perform "I Love This Bar" this week! Fun CD! DOC

Doc Bill

Here is a quote for you! Shania Twain is the Bill Gates of Country Music! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin
Old 12-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Doc Bill

Here is a quote for you! Shania Twain is the Bill Gates of Country Music! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin

She doesn't make a defective product...lol that needs constant updating...lol

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 12-03-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Board Administrator

I would love to see Shania add the AC/DC song to her show, but done as a rock song with the falls. How cool would that be!!!!

BTW..Toby's "The Critic" is soooo true, and the Taliban Song...is really good, especially the last 2 verses. It would make for an interesting video, especially if they spring for the special effects

-Chris

Old 12-03-2003, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I would love to see Shania add the AC/DC song to her show, but done as a rock song with the falls. How cool would that be!!!!

It would be awesome! I like the "Green" version with Union Station but the "Red" version with B.B. and the gang would blow my socks off!
Old 12-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vivashania
It would be awesome! I like the "Green" version with Union Station but the "Red" version with B.B. and the gang would blow my socks off!

They got the sound for it, and all the players. They could even use the fiddles in it. Shania should do a "live" album with the Falls.

-Chris

Old 12-03-2003, 07:05 PM

Quote:
She doesn't make a defective product...lol that needs constant updating...lol

-Chris

Chris I was simply comparing Bill Gates marketing genius with that of Shania Twain's...They are both very innovative in selling their products to people! Also Bill Gates and Shania pretty much knew what people really wanted and went after it with a vengence...I would not even think of comparing Shania's music to Bill Gates buggy software...

Benjamin
Old 12-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Chris I was simply comparing Bill Gates marketing genius with that of Shania Twain's...They are both very innovative in selling their products to people! Also Bill Gates and Shania pretty much knew what people really wanted and went after it with a vengence...I would not even think of comparing Shania's music to Bill Gates buggy software...

Benjamin

I thought I was being funny, oh well, I guess it fell flat. Didn't mean anything by it.

-Chris

Old 12-04-2003, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I thought I was being funny, oh well, I guess it fell flat. Didn't mean anything by it.

-Chris

Sorry Chris! I did not realize you were trying a stab at humor! You sounded serious eh! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin
Old 12-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Sorry Chris! I did not realize you were trying a stab at humor! You sounded serious eh! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin

Computer Science humor.

-Chris

Post New Thread Reply