Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-2003, 10:37 AM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,411
Oh Toby, what made you say this

Toby Keith Proud of Sales


By Neil Haislop, Country Forever Productions


NASHVILLE, TN Tuesday 12.2.2003 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- In its third week of release, Toby Keith's "Shock 'n' Y'All" CD sold an additional 163,739 units, bringing to about a week away from scanning Platinum (already certified Double Platinum for units shipped). The NMC artist is proud that he is selling big under the country banner.

"I think being in a country-music-only genre, I don't get any pop play, I don't get any AC rock play," Toby notes. Shania and Faith and some of those have managed to get over there and get tremendous airplay over there. I think we're very proud that we stayed in a country format, that I write my own songs, and that we manage to sell as many in our window as we sold. It's miraculous I think, it's unbelievable that as small as the country window is in the world, that we reach that many people."

http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/ne...cle.php?id=4324


It makes it sound like Shania has done a bad thing. He likes her too. Toby has gotten exposure outside country, he may not realize that. His "Courtesy of the red white and blue" was HUGE!!


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Cheryl's Avatar
Cheryl Cheryl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fond du Lac WI
Posts: 2,457
Yeah, sometimes these people just don't realize what they are saying!
__________________
Cheryl Kimpel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2003, 07:32 AM
DOC BILL's Avatar
DOC BILL DOC BILL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: ELMORA, PA, USA
Posts: 2,229
Sometimes we get a bit too sensitive about things. This, I think, is one of those times. Toby has been and is a staunch supporter of Shania. I know he would not say anything bad about her to the press. I think he was making a comment about how happy he is that his album is doing well in the smaller "Country genre" only arena and I think it is a valid point. I gotta tell you after seeing Shania perform "You Shook Me All Night" about 50 times already she could very easily be a "rock star" if she wanted too-how hot was that performance??? Point being, she chooses to consider herself a country artist and still holds on to her country roots. While her roots may be in country soil her branches are everywhere and growing like mad. She's also has great business sense. In my own opinion I don't think artists stay in the "country only" genre out of dedication to the genre-it think it's because they either can't crossover or they are afraid to take the risk given what happened to Garth, the chicks, Faith, etc. It takes guts to do this music thing your own way and if I criticized Toby at all for his statement noted above it would be that he didn't add that to what he said. PS I did buy Toby's CD to support him given his support of Shania and I'm still glad I did. I just learned to perform "I Love This Bar" this week! Fun CD! DOC
__________________
You touched a thousand hearts tonight, touched us one by one.
Songs that reached so deep inside to warm us like the sun.
Tonight was just one lyric in the ballad of your time,
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
corran corran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leonardtown, Maryland 20650
Posts: 6,618
Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Sometimes we get a bit too sensitive about things. This, I think, is one of those times. Toby has been and is a staunch supporter of Shania. I know he would not say anything bad about her to the press. I think he was making a comment about how happy he is that his album is doing well in the smaller "Country genre" only arena and I think it is a valid point. I gotta tell you after seeing Shania perform "You Shook Me All Night" about 50 times already she could very easily be a "rock star" if she wanted too-how hot was that performance??? Point being, she chooses to consider herself a country artist and still holds on to her country roots. While her roots may be in country soil her branches are everywhere and growing like mad. She's also has great business sense. In my own opinion I don't think artists stay in the "country only" genre out of dedication to the genre-it think it's because they either can't crossover or they are afraid to take the risk given what happened to Garth, the chicks, Faith, etc. It takes guts to do this music thing your own way and if I criticized Toby at all for his statement noted above it would be that he didn't add that to what he said. PS I did buy Toby's CD to support him given his support of Shania and I'm still glad I did. I just learned to perform "I Love This Bar" this week! Fun CD! DOC



Doc Bill

Here is a quote for you! Shania Twain is the Bill Gates of Country Music! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin
__________________
In This Awesome Universe of ours, sometimes we only have each other !!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2003, 01:51 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,411
Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Doc Bill

Here is a quote for you! Shania Twain is the Bill Gates of Country Music! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin



She doesn't make a defective product...lol that needs constant updating...lol


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 12-03-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2003, 03:15 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,411
I would love to see Shania add the AC/DC song to her show, but done as a rock song with the falls. How cool would that be!!!!


BTW..Toby's "The Critic" is soooo true, and the Taliban Song...is really good, especially the last 2 verses. It would make for an interesting video, especially if they spring for the special effects


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Vivashania's Avatar
Vivashania Vivashania is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I would love to see Shania add the AC/DC song to her show, but done as a rock song with the falls. How cool would that be!!!!


It would be awesome! I like the "Green" version with Union Station but the "Red" version with B.B. and the gang would blow my socks off!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:49 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,411
Quote:
Originally posted by Vivashania
It would be awesome! I like the "Green" version with Union Station but the "Red" version with B.B. and the gang would blow my socks off!



They got the sound for it, and all the players. They could even use the fiddles in it. Shania should do a "live" album with the Falls.


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2003, 07:05 PM
corran corran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leonardtown, Maryland 20650
Posts: 6,618
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
She doesn't make a defective product...lol that needs constant updating...lol


-Chris




Chris I was simply comparing Bill Gates marketing genius with that of Shania Twain's...They are both very innovative in selling their products to people! Also Bill Gates and Shania pretty much knew what people really wanted and went after it with a vengence...I would not even think of comparing Shania's music to Bill Gates buggy software...

Benjamin
__________________
In This Awesome Universe of ours, sometimes we only have each other !!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2003, 07:20 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,411
Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Chris I was simply comparing Bill Gates marketing genius with that of Shania Twain's...They are both very innovative in selling their products to people! Also Bill Gates and Shania pretty much knew what people really wanted and went after it with a vengence...I would not even think of comparing Shania's music to Bill Gates buggy software...

Benjamin



I thought I was being funny, oh well, I guess it fell flat. Didn't mean anything by it.



-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-04-2003, 07:09 PM
corran corran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leonardtown, Maryland 20650
Posts: 6,618
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I thought I was being funny, oh well, I guess it fell flat. Didn't mean anything by it.



-Chris


Sorry Chris! I did not realize you were trying a stab at humor! You sounded serious eh! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin
__________________
In This Awesome Universe of ours, sometimes we only have each other !!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-04-2003, 08:04 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,411
Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Sorry Chris! I did not realize you were trying a stab at humor! You sounded serious eh! Ha! Ha!

Benjamin



Computer Science humor.


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Powered by The Shania Network
| North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place |
| Shania Portal | Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City! |

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.