Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

To quote Mark & Billy: "That was Great!"

Steve
Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 AM

COOL! It seemed like a good turn out and it seemed like Shania had fun. I hope she has just as much fun on Good Morning America in the U.S. I hope they make it fun as well, that is always the best side to bring out in Shania!

Shania Twain turns TV host, co-anchors special outdoor version of Canada AM

John Mckay
Canadian Press
November 3, 2004

TORONTO (CP) - Country diva Shania Twain turned TV host Wednesday, delivering the weather forecast and conducting a cooking segment on CTV's Canada AM as fans roared their approval.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," laughed Twain, who joined Canada AM regulars Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson at a special outdoor broadcast at a downtown square.

Twain, clad in a quilted pink parka, was still raving about her visit Tuesday to her hometown of Timmins, Ont., where she officially cut the ribbon to a museum dedicated to her career.

"I was just really proud," she said, joking that she "froze her butt off"' at the chilly outdoor ceremony.

Fans who congregated Wednesday also braved frosty temperatures, but Twain was undaunted as she delivered the weather forecast by using titles of her songs to describe conditions across the country.

After that, she took questions from viewers, including one about her son Eja, who she described as a "fun little guy" who "loves trains and trucks."

She also took part in a mock hockey game that included her co-hosts and Maple Leaf Tie Domi. Following that was a cooking segment featuring fruit smoothies and waffles.

For their part, Thomson and O'Regan were left in the unusual position of segue-ing between jokey segments with Twain and news updates about the cliffhanger U.S. election.

The show wrapped up with an appearance by Canadian Idol winner Kalan Porter who sang his new hit single Awake in a Dream at the end of the program.

Twain fans were encouraged to line up early in the downtown square to catch a glimpse of her.

Some camped out for hours in the rain on the weekend in order to secure a wristband for the post-broadcast autograph-singing session at a local record store.

The Canada AM co-hosting job is one of two appearances Twain has agreed to for CTV.

The network has also secured her for Shania's Homecoming, a prime-time special to be telecast Nov. 29.

The last time Twain and CTV collaborated was in 2003 when she hosted the annual Juno Awards in Ottawa.

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits, a CD chronicling 18 of her chart-toppers - plus three new songs - will be released Nov. 9 by Universal Music Canada.

It's Twain's first greatest hits package.
http://www.canada.com/national/nati...94-024ea94f8a72

Last edited by jen : 11-03-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:24 AM

Great clips Thanks
Old 11-03-2004, 10:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Loonie Echo
I am quoted in article

Whoo - Hoo!
More excitement for me!
The Canadian Press quoted me in their article. This was from this morning at the Canada AM show!
See below! ( I am Tara )

John McKay
Canadian Press

November 3, 2004

TORONTO -- Country music diva Shania Twain turned TV host Wednesday, delivering the weather forecast, discussing the stalled U.S. election and conducting a cooking segment on CTV's Canada AM as fans roared their approval.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," laughed Twain, who joined Canada AM regulars Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson at a special outdoor broadcast at a downtown square.

Twain, clad in a quilted pink parka (and with matching pink microphone), was still raving about her visit Tuesday to her hometown of Timmins, Ont., where she officially cut the ribbon to a museum dedicated to her career.

"I was just really proud," she said, joking that she "froze my butt off" at the chilly outdoor ceremony.

Police estimated between 700 and 800 fans congregated in Dundas Square, braving frosty temperatures to attend the live remote telecast. But Twain was undaunted as she helped deliver a weather forecast by using titles and lyrics from her songs to describe conditions across the country.

After that, she took questions from viewers, including one about her son Eja, who she described as a "fun little guy" who "loves trains and trucks."

And she said it freaks her out when she now meets, not just babies, but 10-year-old girls who were named after her.

Twain also took part in a mock hockey game that included her co-hosts, Maple Leafs star Tie Domi and a robot goalie, after which she was given a Leafs team sweater with Twain on the back and the number 00.

"That's the goofiest thing I think I've ever done, I'm sure I looked so goofy!" she exclaimed later, while getting compliments on her wrist action.

Following that, there was a cooking segment involving fruit smoothies and waffles and a quick fashion show featuring goose-pimply models wearing Shania-inspired outfits.

"I might steal some of them," quipped an admiring Twain. "I love them all. They are all beautiful. I'd wear all of them."

For their part, Thomson and O'Regan were left in the unusual position of segue-ing between jokey segments with Twain and news updates about the cliffhanger U.S. election. The show also aired a clip from Twain's 1995 appearance on Canada AM and wrapped up with an appearance by shy Canadian Idol winner Kalan Porter who sang his new hit single Awake in a Dream.

Twain fans were encouraged to line up early in the downtown square to catch a glimpse of her. Some camped out for hours in the rain on the weekend to secure wristbands for the post-broadcast autograph-singing session at a nearby record store.

"She means the world, she's very inspiring," said Tara Kitts of Toronto, thrilled to get her hat autographed. "It's a total rags-to-riches story. I mean from Timmins to Switzerland, it's amazing and she's the best-selling female artist of all time."

Three young people from Bradford, Ont., were in the front row waving a placard and managed to get Twain's attention for an autograph.

"Like, she's just amazing," said would-be actor Amanda Costa. "Her music's so inspirational and she's from Canada, so it gives us more hope to aspire to be famous like her, too."

Fellow Bradford native Jeff Graham said he's always been a fan of Twain and her music.

"My family's always loved her and she just makes us kinda proud to be Canadian because she's a big star, and she's beautiful, gorgeous."

In addition to prize giveaways, a breakfast was made available with the proceeds going to Twain's charity of choice -- Breakfast For Learning -- which supports child nutrition programs across the country.

The Canada AM co-hosting job is one of two appearances Twain has agreed to for CTV.

The network has also secured her for Shania's Homecoming, a prime-time special to be telecast Nov. 29. The last time Twain and CTV collaborated was in 2003 when she hosted the annual Juno Awards in Ottawa.

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits, a CD chronicling 18 of her chart-toppers -- plus three new songs -- will be released Nov. 9 by Universal Music Canada.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:48 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Old 11-03-2004, 11:34 AM
complete shania nut

WOOHOO YAY good for you
Old 11-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Board Administrator

Yeah, I hope someone got this on tape for me

I guess I will have to watch these clips in the mean time.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-03-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:29 PM

Party for Two Fruit Smoothies
A Shania Twain-inspired recipe!

Ingredients:
1 banana - sliced and frozen
1 mango - diced and frozen
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp honey
Ice
Fresh berries and mint for garnish

Steps:
In a blender, combine banana, mango, soy milk and a couple of handfuls of ice. Blend until smooth. With top open, blend in honey. Pour half the mixture into a separate container (with pouring spout). Add frozen mixed berries to remaining mixture and blend until smooth. Into chilled glasses, simultaneously pour both mixtures into glass. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves.

Man! I Feel Like a Waffle
Sweet Potato Waffles with Organic Apple Compote and Crème Fraiche (compote and crème fraiche recipes are not included because they are more like garnishes.

Ingrdients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsp soy flour (35% protein)
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of nutmeg
3 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp baking powder
50 ml salt-free butter, melted
3/4 cup 2% milk (can we use soy milk here?)
4 tbsp roasted sweet potato puree
3 tsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbsp club soda
1 grated orange rind

Steps:
Preheat waffle iron. Sift dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apple sauce and orange rind and add to dry ingredients. Combine melted butter and milk and stir into batter until smooth. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Add club soda and stir. Pour into waffle iron and cook. Serve with apple compote and crème fraiche.

also a clip
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...2146?hub=Recipe

Check out this link for more clips
http://www.ctv.ca/canadaam

Last edited by shabas : 11-03-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Board Administrator

So, did Shania try making these on the show?

-Chris

Old 11-03-2004, 01:46 PM

ok i watched the clip on the man i feel like a waffle and shania introduced the cook and said she never imagine man i feel like a woman would become man i feel like a waffle

Shania stood by as the chef prepared the smoothie and waffles

the guy first prepared the smoothie and shania handed him the mike so that she could pour the smoothie in the glass. the woman host said to shania we got you up so early that you probably didn't get a chance to have breakfast shania said something i couldn't make out because the mike wasn't near her.

then the chef prepared the waffles they say after this commercial break we'll try the smoothie and the waffles it then cut's to clip of man i feel like a woman video.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Board Administrator

So, what happened to the mike on her head? She is holding one instead of using that one.

-Chris

Old 11-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Board Administrator

I watched some of the clips. Shania really has the hosting thing down pretty good.

-Chris

Old 11-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by shabas
Party for Two Fruit Smoothies
A Shania Twain-inspired recipe!

Ingredients:
1 banana - sliced and frozen
1 mango - diced and frozen
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp honey
Ice
Fresh berries and mint for garnish

Steps:
In a blender, combine banana, mango, soy milk and a couple of handfuls of ice. Blend until smooth. With top open, blend in honey. Pour half the mixture into a separate container (with pouring spout). Add frozen mixed berries to remaining mixture and blend until smooth. Into chilled glasses, simultaneously pour both mixtures into glass. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves.

Man! I Feel Like a Waffle
Sweet Potato Waffles with Organic Apple Compote and Crème Fraiche (compote and crème fraiche recipes are not included because they are more like garnishes.

Ingrdients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsp soy flour (35% protein)
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of nutmeg
3 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp baking powder
50 ml salt-free butter, melted
3/4 cup 2% milk (can we use soy milk here?)
4 tbsp roasted sweet potato puree
3 tsp unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbsp club soda
1 grated orange rind

Steps:
Preheat waffle iron. Sift dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apple sauce and orange rind and add to dry ingredients. Combine melted butter and milk and stir into batter until smooth. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Add club soda and stir. Pour into waffle iron and cook. Serve with apple compote and crème fraiche.

also a clip
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...2146?hub=Recipe

Check out this link for more clips
http://www.ctv.ca/canadaam

Thanks! I am gonna have to try these recipes...
Old 11-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Re: I Was There - Shania was gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally posted by Loonie Echo
Yipee!

What a great morning. I can't remember when I woke up so early (6:00am) - But it was worth it to see Shania!

I got down to Toronto's Yonge & Dundas square for about 7:00am - and there were already a couple of hundred people there. I wedged my way into a good spot behind a barrier near the front of the stage/platform.

It was THE best place to be because it was right by the entrance way where Shania was entering and exiting. She was there for about an hour co-hosting the show. She looked fantastic! She came over to me a couple of times - and she autographed my red Roots 'CANADA' baseball cap - the same one she wore in last year's interview with Ben Mulroney on CTV.

What else can I say? I think my photo may appear in the Toronto Star because they (and lots of other photographers) took my photo when Shania was giving me an autograph.
Look for me in the red CANADA baseball cap.

whoo hoo!

Congrats!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Tracy a new jersey coming your way....