Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 AM

Yeah, thanks for the email alert. Actually, I watched that episode. She's truly amazing.
God bless you Shania. We love you.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:30 AM

Thanks for sharing those vidcaps.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
Of course everyone loved Shania! And of course ratings were way up with her on the show. I don't think I've ever seen someone get such positive reviews from so many different reviewers!

Great job, Shania!

The other comments I saw that were interesting were the ones that said they didn't know Shania was likable and funny. People had this impression she was cold and standoff-ish, and very diva-ish.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Okay, I haven't had time to log on here and say anything until now. We are going to see Avatar in about an hour. so, here goes.

First of all, some really great vid shots! THANKS!! I don't usually watch a lot of the pre-lims for AI. My son thinks it's the best part. He likes to see the weirdos who can't sing, as he says. But, I did watch the whole thing on Tuesday night. Now I had watched the two-hour premiere with Victoria Beckam and it was esxtremely boring. She didn't say hardly anything except to run down Simon. Then the next one with Mary Blige. I thought she was ridiculous. She was rude. So, on Tuesday, I was hoping for Shania to not be boring, and to not be rude. Well, she was neither. She was "GREAT"!!! I know she would never do it because she would have to tie herself down to it, but she would make the perfect judge for this show. I couldn't believe how open and relaxed she was. Plus she gave good comments without hesitation. When they were good, she told they were good. When they were bad, she told them they were bad, but she didn't make fun of them or belittle them or get their hopes up. She just told it like it was. I've got nothing against Ellen. I think she is really a great comedian and all that, but I wonder how she will do on the show. She has no background like Shania has for such an endeaver. That said though, I want to make it clear that I hope Shania "will" give her fans some great new music to get us back on a muslcal high note. I'm hopeful she will eventually, maybe this year, who knows? At any rate being an AI guest judge is another cool thing for repitore, but time to move on. One final note. She is the best guest judge so far by leaps and bounds, and proabably the best one overall. Shania...anywhere you go and anything you do when you go there, girl....

Steve
Old 01-21-2010, 08:01 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
I never watch AI (just do not like those kinds of shows) unless there is a celeb on that I want to see, and Shania definitely was one. Only other times I have
watched that show was when Barry Manilow was on. Shania was great! She
made the show bearable to watch.

Thanks everyone for the articles, pics and vid caps! Love them all!

Mary R
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Board Administrator

I think the reaction Shania received as a judge on AI, given all the positive comments on the various stories bodes well for her return album.

-Chris

Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Who's On First?

If it happens in the near future..
Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Board Administrator

World To “American Idol”: Hire Shania

he last we heard from country and pop superstar Shania Twain, she was going through a very public and very painful divorce. Since that time, Twain has remained underground, presumably holed up in her Swiss mansion.
But last night, Twain resurfaced to be a guest judge for the preliminary rounds of FOX’s “American Idol,” and she proved, despite little screen time, to be an enormous success. Kudos are coming in from all across the media. From Entertainment Weekly:
Every word she said, I loved.
From the Daily News:
She still came across as a direct, no-nonsense assessor of singing chops.
Always looking alert and attentive, she often sat forward in her chair, elbows propped up on the table and chin resting in her hands, and she was given to open expressions of surprise - shaded with dismay or delight - at contestants' efforts. Her signature look had her eyebrows raised, and eyes wide in happy, or more often appalled disbelief.
One thing that really made her stand out from her guest-judge predecessors was her chemistry with Simon. It wasn't that Posh and Mary J. didn't have it, but her easy rapport with him is something that had been missing in Boston and Atlanta last week.
People on blogs, message boards, and in the Twitterverse also have kind words for Twain, who stood out in particular contrast to useless fourth judge Kara DioGuardi, who, as EW’s Michael Slezak noted, seems to spend every episode of the show bobbing her head and offering bland, lightweight advice to contestants.
Twain, by contrast, was attentive, and was SPECIFIC in how she thought each contestant could improve. You got the feeling she was genuinely interested in helping each singer, instead of just sitting there and thinking to herself, “Wow! I get to be a judge on ‘Idol’! HOW COOL IS THIS?!” She also displayed the proper amount of shock and disgust at boob boxer girl.
You would think anyone could be a judge on these shows. It looks easy. You hear people sing, and then you tell them if they suck or not. Yet “idol” and other show prove, time and again, that good judges are extremely hard to find.
They can’t be annoying. They can’t be stupid. They can’t be high on Percocet. That narrows the pool down to about five people, and Shania Twain is apparently one of them. With any luck, this isn’t the last you’ve seen of her on “Idol”.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/entert...a-82382817.html

-Chris

Old 01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

I LOVE that she is getting such great reviews!!

But, even if Idol offered her something, I don't think she would ever take it. It's hard to launch a massive comeback if you're on Idol several nights a week.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Board Administrator

It is interesting to see all the comments about Idol should scoop up Shania..

American Idol: Scoop Up Shania Please!

As a guest judge, Shania Twain raises the bar. She wasn’t mean, but she didn’t seem like a pansy. She was unafraid to make fun of herself and laugh at the ridiculous. And she provided realistic musical and performance critiques. Now that I see her, she would have been a perfect Paula replacement or, better yet, Kara swap. Joining the judges on the second leg, Kristin Chenoweth brought a big bright, shiny ball o’ sunshine. She didn’t fare as well as her predecessor, but nothing will reach the low of Victoria Beckham’s non-existent contribution.

NEED FINE BUT NOT FAB? CALL…
John Park, 20, is the kind of talented, a cappella singer who can woo the women but makes the guys go, “what’s the big deal?” He has a great voice but is overshadowed by Shania’s comments (which weren’t intended to sound dirty but, well, did) and the madness they invoked. At this point as Randy pushes Shania down the dirty mind well, I realize that I would love to see her as a judge. She’s sweet and upbeat but a little bit sassy. FOX, are you writing this down?

http://poptimal.com/2010/01/america...-shania-please/

Sweet and Sassy lol

-Chris

Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
I LOVE that she is getting such great reviews!!

But, even if Idol offered her something, I don't think she would ever take it. It's hard to launch a massive comeback if you're on Idol several nights a week.

My thoughts exactly. Of course if for some strange reason she was offered and accepted such an offer, then I would stand behind her. But that ain't happenin'!

Steve
Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 AM

American Idol Season 9: Shania Twain a Sparkling judge
Posted on January 21st, 2010 in Entertainment, Showbiz News

Shania Twain
A very breaking news for Shania Twain Fans because she is taking part as a judge in American Idol Season 9 . We are very happy for Shania Twain. Shania Twain had been out of the spotlight for quite sometime now and her American Idol judge role is marking her return, 9 years after she disappeared from the public life.

More than 41 million albums sold in the U.S.; the top selling female artist in history; multi-platinum album sales in 32 countries including Canada, Australia, the UK, Indonesia, Holland and Norway; the sixth-biggest selling album of all time and 17 top ten songs, half of which reached #1. Shania Twain is a phenomenon.

http://mixxnews.com/american-idol-s...judge-11440.htm
Old 01-23-2010, 01:12 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda122
American Idol Season 9: Shania Twain a Sparkling judge
Posted on January 21st, 2010 in Entertainment, Showbiz News

Shania Twain
A very breaking news for Shania Twain Fans because she is taking part as a judge in American Idol Season 9 . We are very happy for Shania Twain. Shania Twain had been out of the spotlight for quite sometime now and her American Idol judge role is marking her return, 9 years after she disappeared from the public life.

More than 41 million albums sold in the U.S.; the top selling female artist in history; multi-platinum album sales in 32 countries including Canada, Australia, the UK, Indonesia, Holland and Norway; the sixth-biggest selling album of all time and 17 top ten songs, half of which reached #1. Shania Twain is a phenomenon.

http://mixxnews.com/american-idol-s...judge-11440.htm

Where do these people get their information? 9 years since she left public life? She's had a new album and a GH hits album out in that time!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Administrator

http://trueslant.com/jeremyhelligar...ummeting-album/

And if Shania Twain, who hasn’t released a new studio album since 2002 and has nothing to promote, could put in the time to guest judge on American Idol (and how incredibly good was she, by the way?), couldn’t Whitney have set aside a few days to spar with Simon?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 PM

IPTV Roundtable: What Do You Think of American Idol Without Paula Abdul?
By widro - January 28, 2010

The big news for 2010 in American Idol has been moving on without original judge Paula Abdul. In the first of our new ongoing series of roundtables here on Inside Pulse TV, the crew chimes in on how the first 2 paula-less weeks of the show have been.

Murtz Jaffer – I think American Idol has jumped the shark. Not because of Paula’s departure but because the contestants just haven’t been as good this year. I am hoping we see something during the Hollywood week that we didn’t see during the auditions. I also think that Paula’s absence is irrelevant when Ellen Degeneres finally premieres because she will fill out the role nicely. It’s Simon’s exit that will destroy the franchise. Nothing else.

Joe Corey – Paula is truly missed on that panel because she was the compassionate ear. Kara wants to be a little nice, but she can’t truly embrace the crazy people. Paula also knew how to keep Simon on his toes. Now he’s barely punching the clock as he countsdown to his X Factor payday. He doesn’t care about the show anymore. He’s got nobody willing to truly stand up to his lame antics. Trying to replace Paula with guest singing stars just hasn’t quite clicked cause none of them want to alienate fans. The ratings haven’t collapsed so people aren’t that choked up. She’ll be back for X Factor with a parade of “Paula’s Back” hype.

Josh Clinton – It’s hard to tell what American Idol will be like without Paula Abdul completely, since her replacement Ellen Degeneres hasn’t made her debut on the show yet. But so far the guest judges have been hit or miss. Shania Twain has been my favorite so far. The show is missing a little “wackiness” that Paula provided. Now it seems they are just trying to create and force the wacky antics with Kara being the ringleader in that department. Simon and Randy are just the same, so it will be interesting to see Ellen’s role as a judge in a couple of weeks.

Kevin Wong – I’d almost say that it’s too soon to tell because we haven’t yet seen Ellen (the “permanent” replacement) judging. But based on the guest judging so far, the results have been just fine. Shania Twain was pretty much at Paula level of harshness (that is, not a whole heckuva lot). Kristin Chenoweth and Kara seemed to have way too much fun ignoring the auditions – reminiscent of Padma Lakshmi and Natalie Portman during Top Chef. Mary J. Blige was pretty much what I’d expect from her, and most surprisingly, Posh Spice was kinda harsh, given that she would’ve had to do an audition process to become one of the Spice Girls.

So overall, the change has been fine, and the only difference is that we’re not seeing any judges looking “out of it” thus far.

Tom Daniels – To be completely honest — I don’t know what I think of it yet. I got over the one-note joke that are the audition rounds about two years ago. I boycott them now unless there’s a guest judge I really want to see. Really, I’ve only watched the Kristin Chenoweth audition episode and, really, I didn’t notice the lack of Paula. Maybe I’ll have a different opinion once the voting rounds start, but the Ellen thing, to me, reeks of the “Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football” experiment. As we recall, that didn’t go so well either. It’s not a surprise to me that Simon’s leaving if we’re up to the “stunt casting” portion of keeping the show relevant.

Luke Swinney – Honestly, I don’t miss Paula so far, but I do like Kara so that could be the reason. Some of the guest judges in the auditioning process are essentially useless, but it’s not making me miss Paula quite yet. But that could definitely change as the season moves on!

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/01/2...ut-paula-abdul/
Post New Thread Reply