Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas

Yeah have that saved. So nice to see her having a great time.

Steve
Old 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM

'Idol' stars 'excited to meet Shania Twain'

Monday, April 26 2010

By Lara Martin, US Correspondent

The American Idol finalists have revealed their excitement at meeting this week's guest mentor Shania Twain.

The country superstar will guide the Top 6 through her songbook on tomorrow night's episode of the Fox competition.

Writing on the show's official Facebook page, Michael Lynche said: "Awesome day ahead of us! On our way to meet Shania Twain! I'll bet she'll be even more beautiful in person! And that voice! Can't wait to see how the day plays out."

Casey James said: "Meeting Shania Twain today! Can't wait to see what she has to say. It's gonna be a little different since we are singing her songs!"

Both Siobhan Magnus and Lee DeWyze wrote that they were "psyched" to have Twain as a mentor, while Aaron Kelly added that he couldn't wait to meet her.

American Idol continues tomorrow night at 8/7c on Fox.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s9...ania-twain.html
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM

'American Idol': Shania Twain Song Suggestions for the Top 6

Monday, April 26, 2010

Abbey Simmons
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

More Hope you've got your boots shined and 10 gallon hat ready for tomorrow night because this week the American Idol Top 6 will be taking on the Shania Twain song book. Yeehaw? While at least one member of the Top 6 feels right in the saddle with this week's theme, it's an easy bet that anyone who isn't named Aaron Kelly does not.

See Where the Top 6 Stand in This Week's Power Rankings

What surprised me most about preparing this week's song suggestions is how many of Shania's songs I know by heart. (Seriously, you can quiz me on the lyrics to "Whose Beds Have Your Boots Been Under?" any day.) If you listened to the radio in the 1990's, whether it was tuned to a pop station or a country station, Shania's songs are ubiquitous. That's both a blessing and a curse to the Top 6 - they're versatile songs that can be melded to multiple genres, but they're also incredibly well known. That's why the contestants need to either stick to Shania's lesser known songs or make them their own this week, or I predict an awful lot of karaoke comments from the judges.

Will my suggestions have you saying "That Don't Impress Me Much?" Let's see.

Be sure to click on the song titles to watch the video and hear the songs for yourself.

Aaron Kelly - "Up!"

Ever the balladeer, I think Aaron Kelly should avoid that urge this week and go for one of Shania Twain's more upbeat country-fried songs. Something like "Up!" With pedal steel, banjo, and auto-tune twang there's no denying this is a country song and that's exactly what Aaron Kelly needs to bring to the stage this week. That and personality. Much like Katie Stevens, Aaron Kelly seems to have a touch of the reverse Benjamin Button going on - despite his youth; he seems to be rapidly aging with each performance.

Even though this is his week to shine, Aaron Kelly has the toughest road ahead of him. Aaron has to noticeably out perform the rest of the Top 6 since this is his week.

Casey James - "You've Got A Way"

There are a lot of safe, bluesy rock songs and guitar solos to tempt Casey this week, but considering how poorly that went for him last week, we think he should take two steps away from the obvious rockers. Casey's most successful performance all season has been a searing acoustic rendition of "Jealous Guy" and he should try and channel that with a bluegrass rewrite of "You've Got A Way." Word on the web is that Casey is an accomplished banjo player and some restrained plucking and passion could get Casey back on track this week.

Crystal Bowersox - "God Bless This Child"

As much as I'd enjoy it, I just can't imagine Crystal singing "Whose Bed have your Boots Been Under?" or even one of Shania's epic love songs. Crystal is a soulful singer and she seems to gravitate to songs with messages and meaning, that's why I think she'll go for Shania's gospel inspired anthem "God Bless the Child." (And no, not the classic rendition of the song that John Park put us to sleep with earlier this season.) I'd be shocked if Crystal sang anything else from Shania's catalog, that's how perfectly suited this song, is for Mamasox.

Lee Dewyze - "Don't!"

Lee's sang all kinds of love songs this season and yet, I feel like we haven't seen his vulnerable side yet. (I've previously described his song choices as "songs used to seduce your long-distance college girlfriend.") Though Shania has a couple of iconic love songs that would fit the bill, Lee should Shania's lesser known love song "Don't!" Its simple structure is ripe for a Lee acoustic arrangement, the growl will work nicely with the song, which stays in Shania's lower range and the ladies who love Lee will only fall deeper for the boy next door with this one.

Michael Lynche - "No One Needs to Know"

Much like Siobhan and Aaron, Big Mike hasn't met a ballad he didn't love. And just like Siobhan and Aaron, I'm going to suggest that Big Mike avoids any Shania song that's been performed as a first dance at a wedding. As much as I would love to see Big Mike go all out theatrical, don drag and sing "Man! I Feel like a Woman," which would at least spice up this rather dull season, there's no way that's happening outside of my active imagination.

So without that option, I suggest Big Mike sings "No One Needs to Know." Big Mike can strap on the acoustic guitar, change up the pronouns and give his best fancy free performance. Despite being an up-tempo ditty, "No One Needs to Know" still offers plenty of opportunity for Big Mike to show off his vocal range.

Siobhan Magnus - "That Don't Impress Me Much"

Despite having the vocal range to pull off Shania's biggest songs: her iconic love songs, Siobhan needs to resist that temptation as if her life depends on it. Because it does. After three weeks of songs that somehow were both too dramatic and too sleepy, it's time for Siobhan to have fun on stage again. Luckily, Shania has plenty of upbeat songs that verge on silly that perfectly meet Siobhan's needs. While Siobhan has lots of options ("Wild & Wicked" and "Man! I Feel like a Woman") Siobhan's best bet is "That Don't Impress Me Much."

Not only does the song fit the tempo and feel that Siobhan should go for this week, the message is quite on point with the quirky girl that seems unconcerned by the hugeness of the show she's on and mainstream conventions.

And there you have it, your Shania song suggestions. What did you think? And be sure to join the discussion: "who will soar and who will stumble during Shania week?"

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/ame...ions-36142.aspx
Old 04-26-2010, 04:38 PM

The Idol contestants are rehearsing today and recording their Shania song for iTunes.

Michael Lynche: in the studio about to record for iTunes. I really love my song this week. I'm praying you will too. They're calling me into the booth so I'll get a cha later. Love you!

Aaron Kelly: good afternoon recording today and rehearsal

Siobahan Magnus: I hope everyone has a splendid day today! Off to record itunes!

http://www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol
Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 PM

'American Idol': Michael Lynche, Siobhan Magnus, Lee Dewyze get 'some fresh ink'

By Andrea Reiher

April 26, 2010

Three "American Idol" Season 9 finalists, Michael, Lynche, Siobhan Magnus and Lee Dewyze, took some time out of their busy Shania Twain schedule to get some new tattoos! We wonder what they are of?

Lee posted to his Facebook page: Hey everyone! Meeting Shania again! I'm psyched I got a new tattoo last night, I love it! The mountains are unreal out here. I'll definately update when this is over, love you guys and I'll talk to you later!

And Siobhan followed up with: I'm awfully joyous today. Got some fresh ink last night with lee and mike! Also psyched to meet Shania today! And still feeling stunned about seeing courtney love in the flesh he other night... Life is good

Considering that Siobhan told Zap2it that her outfit last week (remember, with the butterflies and leaves and ribbon-strapped shoes) was an "ode to 'Fern Gully,'" we hope to see some kind of butterfly. Lee also told us that the tattoo he has on his arm are some lyrics by Cat Stevens and John Lennon, so maybe he went with another music-themed tattoo? We can hardly wait until Tuesday night (April 27) to ask the Idols to show us their new ink.

UPDATE: This post from I Need My Fix appears to show Lee's new tattoo, the flag on his right arm. We are told that is the municipal flag of Chicago.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-fresh-ink.html
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 PM

Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Board Administrator

Nice picture!!!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Awesome!!

Steve
Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM

This article and the poll at the bottom of the page are unfair to shania I think..

if we still have it, lets go fix that ...

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/04/27/...l-shania-twain/
Old 04-27-2010, 01:07 PM

Tuesday Watch List: Shania! Glee! Potheads!

Welcome to Watch List, where we identify five things on TV to watch while you stay at home and say a silent vigil for Bret Michaels. No way I’m letting Bret Michaels go to the Valley Of Lost Souls before his time. LET’S GO!

AMERICAN IDOL – 8PM (FOX) Shania Twain returns to the judge’s table for her own theme night. Twain, in case you missed it, was excellent in the preliminary rounds. Her analysis was spot on without any grandstanding. Now she’ll be judging this weak crop of Idols singing her own catalog. God knows how this bunch will ruin her oeuvre. I see a coffeehouse version of “That Don’t Impress Me Much” in our future.

Reality shows are noted for their harsh judging, but you will find that, as the number of contestants are whittled down on a show like “Runway” or “Idol,” the judging takes a turn. In some ways, the judges have to sell you on how talented all the finalists are, because they were the ones responsible for giving you this supposed cream of the crop. The finalists have to validate the judges’ opinions (and the show itself), and that’s why you’ll see a lot of smoke blown up these kids’ tushies, even from Simon himself. Which is silly, given that this year’s “Idol” batch is so weak and useless. I’d like to see Simon say, “You know what? This is total waste of a season. We should boot them all.” But he won’t do that. Probably because he’s far too busy packing a suitcase. ANTICIPATION: LAST LEGS!

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/blogs...s-92183724.html
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to RandyGK
American Idol Welcomes Mentor Shania Twain
April 27, 2010 11:00:45 by Nancy Floyd

This week on American Idol, the top six contestants will be mentored by country superstar, Shania Twain, and will be tackling songs from her repertoire. The Idol hopefuls, who have been spending the last several days working with Twain, have nothing but kind things to say about the country crooner. Keep reading for more details on what the Top Six thinks about Shania…

Shania Twain may have been out of the spotlight for awhile, but her country hits stand the test of time. Tonight on American Idol, the top six contestants will be mentored by the country star as they each try to put their own unique spin on one of her songs. The singers must choose from a list of 50 approved Twain tracks, now available in the Shania Twain Songbook on iTunes.

The American Idol hopefuls have been working with Twain for the past several days to prepare for tonight’s performance and the country superstar has made quite an impression on the aspiring singers. “She literally glows in person,” Siobhan Magnus says, “and she’s very real and honest and said things we all need to hear.” Lee Dewyze adds, “I just had a good time. She is a down-to-earth person, really cool, the kind of person I could hang out with.” Aaron Kelly agrees, saying, “It was a huge honor to get to meet her because I’m a huge country fan.”

Michael Lynche was nervous about performing one of Shania Twain’s songs in front of her. “You don’t want to flub, not even a word,” he says. “Out of respect you want to be perfect.” Crystal Bowersox, on the other hand, felt nostalgic performing Twain’s music. “I remember being 12 years old and getting her CD and rocking out,” Bowersox says.

The top six will perform songs by Twain (who also appeared as a guest judge earlier this season) on tonight’s episode of American Idol.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Board Administrator

I guess she gave them some performance tips as well.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm writing you from L.A. today as I wait in anticipation for an exciting time at the American Idol performances tonight of the six remaining contestants. It was fantastic to meet up again with Crystal and Lee, two of the artists that I rooted for at the auditions in Chicago. I'm pleased they're still in and wish them luck tonight. I've now met all of the performers and have to say this next round is going to be tough to judge. They are all so amazing. It was emotional for me to listen to every one of their gorgeous voices singing my words. I was moved and very impressed by their emotion and original interpretations of my music. Every one of them thoroughly entertained me and reminded me of how lucky I am to be a songwriter. All six of the performers applied their own sound, each being very different from one another. I found they all created original versions of each of my songs and did a great job with the delivery of both lyrics and vocals. America, I'm glad it's you having to make the decision of who stays and who goes and not me. I personally think they are all worthy of appreciation for their talent and hate to see any of them go at this point, to be honest. They all have sweet personalities, a genuine desire to make it, a passion for music and an admirable level of humility about them. I don't want to give away too much of my comment until the night is over, but I do have thoughts on the ones I believe rise above at this point, although you never know what will happen tonight. It's all down to the final moment and each and every one of them has to be at their best in order to shine brighter than the next guy or gal . A few of the performances during the mentoring made me tear up, as they sang with such beauty and emotion. I wish them all a great performance and hope they are as moving during tonight's performance as they were during the mentoring with me the other day. Good luck to all of them and see you tonight, America!

Love you,

Shania

www.shaniatwain.com
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Nice photo indeed....

I am gonna have to watch it later, the taped version as I am stuck at work, but please leave posts here as it happens because I may be able to read the board a couple of times while at work... Let me know which performance I should skip while watching the tape...
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM

Just as beautiful and gracious as ever. God, I love this woman.
Post New Thread Reply