Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 PM
cross-stitching nut

All the pictures and videos are GREAT. I only wish I could have stuck it out and not let the freezing weather make me wimp out and go get warm at Tim Hortons. I saw the flame with they lit Shania's torch but did not see any of the rest of it. Being from Southern California I had never seen or felt cold as I did that night. And I have to say I hope I never get that cold ever again. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and videos.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM
In The Twilight........

Thnx Lilo!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie
Thnx Lilo!!!

Fantastic photos indeed!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Board Administrator

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 AM

Good find.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 AM

Michael Will Be Carrying The Olympic Torch!

February 08, 2010

Michael will be carrying the Olympic Torch in Vancouver on Thursday February 11th, along Pacific Street from Howe to Richards at approximately 8:00 pm PST. He will hand the torch to the last torch bearer of the evening which ends in David Lam Park.

As a proud Canadian citizen who has been an ambassador for our country throughout his career, this week's honor will be a highlight as we welcome the world to Vancouver and the 2010 Olympic Games!

http://www.michaelbuble.com/news/20...?cmpid=20810/fb
Old 02-12-2010, 04:09 PM

Medal-winning moments: Why Shania Twain loves Canada

Posted: Friday, February 12, 2010 by Vidya Rao
Filed Under: Vancouver

The Olympics are full of amazing moments -- from an athlete's emotional reaction on a podium to a great experience with local culture.

After having the honor of running with the Olympic flame as torch-bearer, country star Shania Twain kicks off our medal-winning moments series by sharing her bronze, silver and gold reasons for loving her native Canada.

"The bronze medal goes to Canada's forests, which smell sweet, are clean and still vast enough to get lost in."

"The silver medal goes to the unique sense of humor than Canadians have. I can't live without it."

"The gold goes to Canada's multicultural and tolerant society, which raised me to appreciate the importance of equality and compassion for others."

Now it's your turn. Share the medal-winning reasons why you love Canada! And stay turned to allDAY for more medal-winning moments from the folks out in Vancouver.

http://allday.msnbc.msn.com/archive...12/2201199.aspx
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Olympic spirit
Posted By KATE MCLAREN, THE DAILY PRESS

Spirits shone as brightly as the Olympic flame Sunday as athletes from across Northeastern Ontario participated in the Special Olympics Regional Winter Games.

Excitement was in the air as torch and flag bearers stepped onto the ice surface to "Believe," the theme for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.

"Everyone's very enthusiastic," said Cathy Davis, one of the organizers for the Timmins Games. "It's great that everyone has a chance to compete, no matter what their abilities."

Although above average temperatures forced the cancellation of Gary Perkins' event, cross-country ski, the Timmins athlete was unfazed.

"It's OK," he said Sunday morning, after the opening ceremonies held at the McIntyre Arena. "I'm going to go cheer on the snowshoers today instead."

Competing helps them build camaraderie, pride, and realize skills some of them didn't even know they had.

Diane Wahlman, Region 10 co-ordinator, Special Olympics

Perkins has already competed for a spot in the provincial competition.

"I'm pretty fast, and I like to win," he added. "I train a lot, sometimes I do 7.5 kilometres."

Perkins is one of about 60 athletes who competed in events which include figure skating, snowshoeing, curling, and floor hockey.

Participants travelled from as far as Hearst and New Liskeard for this year's games.

"This year's games are important, because it's a qualifying year for the provincials," explained Diane Wahlman, Region 10 co-ordinator for the Special Olympics. "Competing helps them build camaraderie, pride, and realize skills some of them didn't even know they had.

"Plus it's physical activity for them, and it gives them something to focus on. They have a lot of fun," she added.

Julia Romualdi is a 14-year-old figure skater who earned first place, and a spot at the provincials, with her Ratatouille routine yesterday morning. The R. Ross Beattie student has been skating since the age of four, and is so comfortable on the ice that she rarely gets the jitters.

"I never get nervous," she said. "I just feel proud of myself, and I show that on the ice when I skate."

Romualdi kept an eye to the TV during the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, and said there was one skater she looked up to.

"I really liked Joannie (Rochette)," she said. "Her mom died, and she still skated and won a medal."

Carrying the torch during the Special Olympics opening ceremony was 15-year-old Riley Kolisnyk, who handed the torch off to a famous face as an official torchbearer for the 2010 games.

"I handed the torch to Shania (Twain)," he said. "She asked me how it was. She was really nice."

Kolisnyk, a long distance runner, was chosen as a torchbearer by his school, Timmins High and Vocational, because of obstacles he had recently overcome.

"I had a brain injury last summer, and since then I've been working really hard," he said. "It's pretty cool that I got the opportunity to carry the torch. It was amazing."

Timmins speed skater Nicholas Dagenais has been successful not just in the regionals. The 18 year old participated in the Worlds in Idaho in February, where he earned second place. For Dagenais, the best part of any games is the racing.

"When I get out on the ice, I just let everything go, my mind is clear, and I do what I came here to do," he said. "The adrenaline rush is awesome. It's a really good feeling."

Fellow racer Nicole Ferguson agrees.

"My goal is to make provincials, and I'm always trying to beat my personal best," she said.

After thinking for a minute, she modifies her answer slightly.

"Well, my biggest goal is to have fun, and it's great to be with all of my friends."

Special Olympians who qualify for the provincial games will compete in Thunder Bay in February of next year.

http://www.timminspress.com/Article....aspx?e=2491901
Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Maybe now that the world events are slowing down, music will be more of interest to her???

Steve