Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-23-2007, 11:51 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas
Are the songs you're writing for your next album more introspective than usual?
Yeah, definitely. They're about the insecurity that the spotlight highlighted for me. I found it so hard to take the criticism—not the professional criticism but the personal criticism. I don't want people to care about my horrors. It frustrates me and makes me focus on the wrong things. I want to focus on my songs. So I struggle with that, and I'm just getting to the point now where I can honestly say, "I either get comfortable in my own skin, or I quit this industry."

It sounds to me like she is saying it has affected her in the past more than perhaps we thought it did. i.e., how she has been ridiculed about her music by some corners of the industry. But she has finally been able to bring herself to deal with it and now plans to move on and write songs the way she wants and will let the chips fall where they may. Or in other words, the heck with the criticism.

Steve
Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 PM

Either Shania is less tough than alot of us have given her credit for or she is setting the emotional tone for her next album. This interview seems off key to me but it was the last Redbook interview where Shania indicated she was depressed during her tour. I don't know-the longer it goes the more confuseder I git-DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 11-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC BILL
Either Shania is less tough than alot of us have given her credit for or she is setting the emotional tone for her next album. This interview seems off key to me but it was the last Redbook interview where Shania indicated she was depressed during her tour. I don't know-the longer it goes the more confuseder I git-DOC

Here is the last interview she did for Redbook...

REDBOOK Up! Interview

If you have had the opportunity to see the Cityline interview Shania did before she vanished, the way she was talking, this current interview is just a natural extension of it.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-23-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 PM

Well, the question is what one is understanding as tough?

I don't think Shania is less though then she was, or we like to think. But every one, even the toughest aren't safe from crisis or breakdown. Just those who aren't confronting their own feelings have no crisis. A break down is the best start to build up again to a better phase. Shania kept moving since the death of her parents, and her life in the meanwhile turned ups and down to the extreme. And in the end, as a very introvertal person, found herself in one of the most extrovertalt occupation.

Not to mention, that we don't really know what is happening in their lives. The only problem rich people can't have is money-problem, but all the rest will find them as anyone else.

It was clear (at least to me) that this is will come, when she stops suddenly and stasrt to processing all what she went through. I think the fact she was sick too long during the tour and her voice for her was a physical crisis, one that start to show her her own limits.

The good thing is, she's going through this when her life is good, has a loving family and no existential problems.

This is a very honest interview, not the first time she's talking about the problems handling fame. But she seems to lean from the past, is stronger and still has the commitment to come back with a new album. But she's also clear: If the demands of performing/ writing will make her too uncomfortable, she's outta here.

Last edited by Jud : 11-23-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Nice post Jud. True all we really know is as you said, they sure as heck don't have money problems, but we don't know, nor should we, what someone else's life problems may be. It is not our business. In this case you have a couple who are very private. For all we know, Mutt and Shania could have a lot of stress going on in their lives, but even if they do, they appear to be able to work it out. I'm not saying they have anything going on, I'm just saying they appear to be a family that stays together from the very little knowledge we do have. They are coming up on 14 years of marriage. That in itself is a milestone for a couple in show business. It has to point to a lasting relationship to this point.

Putting all that aside since it may all be wrong, at least we can be pretty safe in thinking that, as you say Jud "she seems to learn from the past, is stronger and still has the commitment to come back with a new album. But she's also clear: If the demands of performing/ writing will make her too uncomfortable, she's outta here." Yep, that about covers it. As far as the private part of her life goes, I guess if we don't see any shocking stories in the Star, or at least only occasionally as in the past, their marriage is still doing fine.

Steve
Old 11-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Board Administrator

I think another point people miss is that Shania has been in survival mode for so long, she can finally just start to live life. She had a lot of stuff piled onto her shoulders very young and she just now has the time to look back and deal with it.

It sounds like this album is going to come from a different direction than the past albums. Looks like a lot of this soul searching she has done is going to rub off on her writing.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 11-24-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Yeah, and now I'm, if possible, even more impatient to listen to those new songs. I really hope we'll get that chance in 2008.
I think she'll take her decision with the release of the new album and after the next tour: if she won't enjoying performing anymore, maybe the next album and tour will be probably the last ones.
But I'm sure the fans will be great and she will feel home again while in concert. Anyway, I'll save as much money as possible to follow her next tour, 'cause it could be the last one...you can never tell
Everything's goin' your way
Old 11-24-2007, 01:52 PM

This new music Shania has been writing and will be coming our way, sounds like it will be worth the wait!!
Old 11-24-2007, 04:28 PM

Loonie Echoes posted this info on the Shania Forums:

Shania's Redbook clothing

I looked in the magazine and found out what Shania is wearing yellow top on cover by :Valentino (crazy expensive) Inside: Black sweater by Joseph (try finding it) and other photo in white shirt, by Hussein Chalayan - it says to get Shania's look, try these Rimmel products, but a MAC makeup artist did her makeup, meaning, for sure the makeup was by MAC - makes sense, as I know Shania uses a lot of MAC, it is great stuff, and animal friendly.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Board Administrator

http://torontosun.com/Entertainment...681539-sun.html

Fame hard on Shania

It seems Shania Twain struggled with stardom when she first hit it big, and now, as she prepares for her comeback, the singer is hoping she will cope better with fame.

"I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult," the singer told Redbook, People magazine reported.

"I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

Twain took time off in Switzerland with her husband and son, and now she's back to business and preparing for the release of her new album next year.

"I'm not naturally a spotlight person ... But I don't mind being the centre of attention in a controlled, comfortable environment," she said.

--

Chris

Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Board Administrator

Wary Shania plots a comeback
November 26, 2007

After five years of soul-searching, Canadian country-pop star Shania Twain -- believe it or not the top-selling female artist of all time -- is working on a new album and busy selling her new perfume, Shania Starlight. In the December Redbook, she spills about:

• Why she stepped out of the spotlight: "I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult. My fame made me very introverted in a lot of ways, and I'm just dealing with that now. I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

• On her comeback goals: "I want to continue to write and record things that affect people in a positive way and keep trying to make songs that are meaningful. What I write and sing is a big part of who I really am. I just want to write music that matters."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../711260311/1046

-Chris

Old 11-26-2007, 06:34 AM
... love her ♥

Send a message via MSN to Rita-ItalianFan
Wow she's all over the net!

Her smile gets me through the day...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 AM

I am looking at the cover of my copy of Redbook as I write this. I have to say that this is one of the nicest covers she's ever done. She looks lovely, yet not heavily made up. She looks happy, and I like her hair the way she has it, just kind of free flowing, if that makes any sense. I am certainly not a stylist expert, and I'm sure Shania didn't just sit down and they shot the picture without some takes, but her look is totally one of ease, not one of the put on/painted variety that a lot of women use now. This Redbook issue now goes in with all my other Shania souveigners & treasures.

Steve
Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Board Administrator

It also looks like they didn't use too much airbrush.

-Chris

Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Board Administrator

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlin...754803_,00.html

Shania Twain's Struggle with Fame
Shania Twain Photo Courtesy of Mercury Nashville

November 26, 2007 — Shania Twain, who has spent the past five years out of the spotlight, says she is ready to resume her career.

In the December issue of Redbook, she talks candidly about the issues she's confronted in the last few years. "I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult," she says. "I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

After retreating to her chateau in Switzerland with her husband and son, Shania is about to re-emerge. In addition to being mom to her 6-year-old, promoting a new perfume and working on an album due that's due out next year, she says she's learning to take care of herself. "I'm not such a slave to pleasing everyone, which I think is a female tendency." she says. "I take more time for myself; that's a very big part of mental, emotional and physical health."

As for getting back into public life, Shania says, "I'm not naturally a spotlight person...[but] I don't mind being the center of attention in a controlled, comfortable environment." She adds that music is an integral part of her life, and she wants "to write and record things that affect people in a positive way." So what does the future hold? She jokes, "I'll probably be in the Canadian wilderness somewhere."

---

-Chris

Post New Thread Reply