Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 03-07-2003, 12:12 AM

American Idol finalist - sings Shania?

Albertan among "American Idol" finalists

CFCNplus.ca

POSTED AT 5:36 PM Thursday, March 6

The TV show "American Idol," seen on CFCN, has an Alberta connection.

Carmen Rasmusen was born in Edmonton and a large number of her relatives live in the Calgary area.

Carmen Rasmusen is one step closer to becoming the "American Idol" winner, much to the delight of her family back home in Southern Alberta. They gather around the television every week to watch her progress.

“She's the kind of kid that can entertain on stage, and everybody enjoys her. We're really hoping for the best and we're really proud of her,” said Rasmusen’s grandmother, Carol Chittick.

It caught everyone off guard when it was stuffy, English judge Simon Cowell that selected Carmen to go to the next round.

“When Simon chose her we were all really amazed. I think that is really a challenge in itself,” said Chittick.

“Grandma was having a hard time with Simon and some of the bad comments during the other tapings, but Simon turned out to be on our side,” said Rasmusen’s aunt, Sue Burwash.

Rasmusen lives near Salt Lake City, Utah. Her talent may be new to "American Idol" audiences, but she's been impressing her family with her talent for a long time.

“When she was only five years old, she could sing all the musical parts of the musical “Oklahoma.” None of my brothers can sing, and she'd say 'uncle Lee, you sing the part of so-and-so and uncle Roy you sing this part',” explained Rasmusen’s uncle, Roy Rasmusen.

Both of Carmen's parents are musical. Her father, Carl, who grew up in the High River area, used to play drums and now has turned his talent to writing songs.

“He tries to write little songs for her to sing and I think he's probably hoping someday she'll make him famous by singing his songs,” said Burwash.

Carmen and the final group of 12 will perform next Tuesday on CTV.

Carmen's planning on doing a song by Shania Twain as she continues on her journey towards becoming the "American Idol" with an Alberta birth certificate.

We want to tell you that if you want to follow in Carmen's footsteps you can!

Auditions for "Canadian Idol," here on CTV, will be held this spring all over the country. The date for Calgary is April 29, but we don't yet know where or what time.

"Canadian Idol" will begin in June and run for 24 weeks. For more information, go to CTV’s "Canadian Idol" Web site.

http://www.cfcnplus.ca/servlet/RTGA...ubnav=fullstory
Old 03-07-2003, 12:23 AM

Re: American Idol finalist - sings Shania?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
Albertan among "American Idol" finalists

CFCNplus.ca

POSTED AT 5:36 PM Thursday, March 6

The TV show "American Idol," seen on CFCN, has an Alberta connection.

Carmen Rasmusen was born in Edmonton and a large number of her relatives live in the Calgary area.

Carmen Rasmusen is one step closer to becoming the "American Idol" winner, much to the delight of her family back home in Southern Alberta. They gather around the television every week to watch her progress.

“She's the kind of kid that can entertain on stage, and everybody enjoys her. We're really hoping for the best and we're really proud of her,” said Rasmusen’s grandmother, Carol Chittick.

It caught everyone off guard when it was stuffy, English judge Simon Cowell that selected Carmen to go to the next round.

“When Simon chose her we were all really amazed. I think that is really a challenge in itself,” said Chittick.

“Grandma was having a hard time with Simon and some of the bad comments during the other tapings, but Simon turned out to be on our side,” said Rasmusen’s aunt, Sue Burwash.

Rasmusen lives near Salt Lake City, Utah. Her talent may be new to "American Idol" audiences, but she's been impressing her family with her talent for a long time.

“When she was only five years old, she could sing all the musical parts of the musical “Oklahoma.” None of my brothers can sing, and she'd say 'uncle Lee, you sing the part of so-and-so and uncle Roy you sing this part',” explained Rasmusen’s uncle, Roy Rasmusen.

Both of Carmen's parents are musical. Her father, Carl, who grew up in the High River area, used to play drums and now has turned his talent to writing songs.

“He tries to write little songs for her to sing and I think he's probably hoping someday she'll make him famous by singing his songs,” said Burwash.

Carmen and the final group of 12 will perform next Tuesday on CTV.

Carmen's planning on doing a song by Shania Twain as she continues on her journey towards becoming the "American Idol" with an Alberta birth certificate.

We want to tell you that if you want to follow in Carmen's footsteps you can!

Auditions for "Canadian Idol," here on CTV, will be held this spring all over the country. The date for Calgary is April 29, but we don't yet know where or what time.

"Canadian Idol" will begin in June and run for 24 weeks. For more information, go to CTV’s "Canadian Idol" Web site.

http://www.cfcnplus.ca/servlet/RTGA...ubnav=fullstory

YA!!!!!!!!!!!! BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELELENT. THANKS
Old 03-07-2003, 09:30 AM

AWESOME!!!

I'm an Albertan myself... and saw Shania is Edmonton and Calgary! LOL

T
Old 03-09-2003, 02:57 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I guess we don't know what she plans on singing. I saw a girl on VH1 recently who was going to sing FTMO for her selection for the DIVA competition.

Steve