Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM

Have an interesting article to post here from RAM Country about Shania's Las Vegas show.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-co...-173309961.html

Notice they still call Shania Twain a Country Crossover music artist in this article but they do say that Shania still has the right stuff in that she is still can belt out the music the same way she did in her concert tours 8 years ago. They also say that Shania is hot as ever and is a real country music babe to contend with even though they still call her a crossover music artist.

I also loved Shania's new stage band and the way she presented herself riding those horses. Shania has definately got the attention of everyone in riding alll those horses through town. Ha Ha!

Oh yes! Don't forget to vote down below in that link for Shania. Shania is doing great there and we want to be sure her fans still represent her as well.
Good seeing all you Shania fans on the board here in Davao City. In case you are wondering where Davao City, it is in the Philippines. I have been here for two wonderfull years now and I am enjoying life here now as good as I did when I was in the US of A.

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 12-09-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 PM

Okay Shania Fans time to vote again and this who wore the Sparkly Cat Suit the Best. Link for voting is below and this one compares Shania to Jennifer Lopez and it seems Shania is winning hands down. I can't imagine how that is making Jennifer feel and I am sure that Shania never meant for anything like that to happen. Just a coincidence I guess that they wore a similar looking outfit but on the other hand I wander. Ha Ha! Shania always has had an ability to pull some real suprises out of her hat at opportune moments. Ha Ha!

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/aline/fa...-204223792.html

Benjamin
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 PM

Here is another article this time by the New York Times which gives a more credible revue of Shania's performance at Las Vegas and is called:

Rebound, as Demure as Ever
Shania Twain at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas

And can be found at the below link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/a...-las-vegas.html

I do believe this is a more honest assesment of Shania's Perfomance. He also mentions that Las Vegas residency is for those performers who have made like Elvis Presly and Shania Twain. A sort of retirement home is what he is getting at though. Shania is not one though to rest on her laurels if I know her. She will get restless and will want to try on her spurs once more. Especially in the more creative arena of making new music that can reach out and grab people.

Benjamin
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by corran
Here is another article this time by the New York Times which gives a more credible revue of Shania's performance at Las Vegas and is called:

Rebound, as Demure as Ever
Shania Twain at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas

And can be found at the below link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/a...-las-vegas.html

I do believe this is a more honest assesment of Shania's Perfomance. He also mentions that Las Vegas residency is for those performers who have made like Elvis Presly and Shania Twain. A sort of retirement home is what he is getting at though. Shania is not one though to rest on her laurels if I know her. She will get restless and will want to try on her spurs once more. Especially in the more creative arena of making new music that can reach out and grab people.

Benjamin

Nice article.

Steve
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Does anyone agree with this from the BroadwayWorld.com ??

Quote:
Too often, Twain’s voice was either drowned out or, simply, wasn’t clear. Thus, if you didn’t know the words to the songs, you had a slim chance of understanding them. That hasn’t been the case with any of the other shows at the Colosseum.

Read more: http://lasvegas.broadwayworld.com/a...##ixzz2EeZLVbEd

Steve
Old 12-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Board Administrator

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Board Administrator

-Chris

Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corran
Okay Shania Fans time to vote again and this who wore the Sparkly Cat Suit the Best. Link for voting is below and this one compares Shania to Jennifer Lopez

Benjamin

no contest!

Al
Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Does anyone agree with this from the BroadwayWorld.com ??

Steve

I was only at the first show ... and although an amazing show ... yes, there were times the band and/or background vocals drowned her out a couple times. I first noticed it in 'Don't Be Stupid'.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Board Administrator

The second show was much better everything worked the snow, the confetti and the smells of the woods and fire.

-Chris

Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM

No Drowning of Shania!

I had the pleasure of attending this past Saturday's show and never once did the backup singers drown her out. I was actually shocked at how strong her voice sounded and had to remind myself that it was the same Shania I met in Greenville, SC during the Up! tour. I didn't realize how strained her voice/ happiness was until seeing her this past weekend...

It was also wonderful to see Fred not only at the show but hand selecting fans from the artist to join Shania for the campfire set.

If I had one... I wouldn't say complaint but one observation is that you can tell this show has a lot of production in it in that Shania seems quite limited to her engagement with the audience and talking. I realize the timing in this show is way different than any of her concerts it just took me a little bit of time to get used to. My seat touched the stage (Orchestra 6, row JJ, seat 610) and she was 2 feet in front of me. What I was used to during Up! was her constant hand shakes and sing-alongs which sadly didn't happen this show with the exception of those fans right in the front, center aisle.

Regardless though this was a stellar show and it was just so great to see Shania confident and dancing!! It is also amazing to finally see the critics giving her the credit she deserved 15 years ago!

If anyone has the chance to go to the show, even if it is the last seat in the house, you will be amazed. The presence of Shania and her adoring fans is there and it is certainly just as amazing as the first concert where I saw her and she opened with "Are you ready Pittsburgh?!". Saying Shania is back is an understatement, Shania is again, redefining what it means to be the queen of country music, an entertainer on the Vegas strip, and as always, what it means to be a woman in the music industry. I hope the entertainment industry is ready for Shania PM (pm= post Mutt) as it is the woman she and we all know she's always been, nice to see her genuinely smiling again. Also nice to know she can still kick butt and take names!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Board Administrator

I agree its about time she is being shown the respect she deserved so long ago.

-Chris

Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Board Administrator

Marc sketch for IGGG outfit

-Chris

Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Board Administrator

Shania Twain never fails to impress. The singer kick started her first live show appropriately titled "Shania: Still the One" at the Caesars Palace, Las Vegas Dec.1 according to billboard.com. After a hiatus of more than eight years, she started the show on a motorcycle suspended in the air. The audience went into frenzy, proving that Twain still holds the same charm when it comes to her powerful performance.

Like Us on Facebook

While we already love her classic songs and the sultry voice, the 47-year-old caught our eye in a skin tight, semi-sheer cat suit. Oh! She looked hot alright. With a svelte body like Twain's and the shimmery pattern on the cat suit which caught the lights, we wonder how anyone must have concentrated on her songs. The outfit paired with thigh high boots, the Canadian singer looked super chic as she performed her hit numbers and was lauded with a thunderous applause and a standing ovation.

With her wavy tresses left loose and a hint of blush, the ace singer looked relaxed and radiant and seemed to enjoy the show as much as the audience.

Just when the audience got over the grand motorcycle entrance, Twain enchanted them in a white cape and white gown and rode her white horse on the stage as she crooned "Still The One" and "From this Moment."

"Thank you. Thank you so much - you guys are going to get me all emotional, and then my eyelashes are going to fall off," thespec.com quoted Twain. "This is a very overwhelming night.... It's been a lot of years for me since I've been here."

Twain had been lying low since her marriage to Mutt Lange fell apart when he left her for one of her close friends. And to top it, Twain lost her voice to a condition known as dysphonia. But the country singer has made a strong comeback and proved that she is "Still the One."

http://www.beautyworldnews.com/arti...es-audience.htm

-Chris

Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
*where the light is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
The second show was much better everything worked the snow, the confetti and the smells of the woods and fire.

-Chris

yes you are right about that. Looked like Shania was so 'nervous' (don't know if that's the right word to use but, anyways) during the first show and also the special effects during the show weren't all working at december 1st, but they did on December 2nd, and so did Shania!

Music is
what feelings
sound like.
Post New Thread Reply