Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-25-2005, 09:09 PM
tower

And so my Dear Shania Friends, I must leave you for a bit for shortly, very soon I will be removing the hard drives from this PC so I may take them home to Scotland, should I never be able to return to my beloved Timmins.

The warmth of the local people continues and today was just a little bit overpowering, even for this big tough old Scotsman, so I retreated early to my little one bedroom townhouse which I will miss so much. My two trusty Rig bags are packed and only a small backpack for cabin use and this workstation remain to be made ready for 9am Wed 26th October, the day I left Timmins for the first time since 1996 not sure of when I will return.

I have been loved and fallen in love in this tiny City that acts like a town, this wonderful place so isolated that many in Toronto less than 600 miles away have no idea where it is. But I am not sad when I think of the future and the fact that somehow I will get back and live here again.

For us Shania fans this is our Mecca, our place we have to visit at least once in a lifetime, so if you can please try and make the trip. Contact the STC and tell them when you plan to be in town if out of season and I promise you, the welcome will be as warm as the weather cold in the winter.

I am a sailor, well at least I was a sailor – for I am not so sure now I am 56, but having travelled the World I was shocked at the effect the people of Timmins have had on a World Weary traveller like my self. True it is too hot in the Summer and breathtakingly cold in the Winter, but I would not swap it for any other place in the World, for it is the people that make a place, not the weather – and I have seen, and still see something that few others have.

So just like a tiny little girl called Eilleen Twain, I leave with my head held high and will NEVER stop talking about Timmins where ever my life leads me. I know now how she felt when fame and fortune forced her to leave.

Just like Eilleen I suspect, when her misfortune forced the break up of her family, I am crying a little right now.

But I am strong and a little emotion is good for you for it let’s you know you are alive. Soon I will be in Glasgow, the largest City in Scotland…. Our Toronto and having the best time ever. I doubt I will go many days though before my thoughts drift back down south to the 49th parallel and the big town and the little City with a heart of Gold.

It may be a while before I can read this thread again, so bear with me if I am offline for a month or so.

Last edited by tower : 10-25-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 AM

The legend of Timmins Tom will live on forever and for always
Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Even though you aren't writing a song Tom, you have much in common with little Eilleen. You have given us some great words to remember. Nice Post Tower!

Oh, and dax, I think that cow maybe has jumped over the moon with this fine tribute to Tom. Excellent!

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 10-26-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Board Administrator

Awesome pic dax!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-28-2005, 11:09 AM

Great cartoon Dax!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:49 PM

For those following Tom's sad story, he has made it safely to Scotland. He has posted twice since landing in Scotland in this thread over on the STC board. His first post can be found at the very bottom of the page I linked to, the second post is on page #3.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:57 AM

Thanks Alan.

Steve
Old 10-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax
The legend of Timmins Tom will live on forever and for always

Great idea for a drawing DAX!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:38 AM

Tom has once again found a few minutes to update his friends on his progress in Scotland. In addition to another short post in the thread I linked to above, he's also posted a few pictures of Glasgow in this thread.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:33 AM
tower

Great news folks, I have found work and I am on my way to join one of the Worlds largest ultra deepwater semi submersible drilling rigs in Sicily to get it ready for a rig move to offshore Egypt.

So 2 weeks work as Rig Electrician and possibly a further 3 weeks during the rig move as Radio Operator as marine law states she has to carry a Radio Officer due to her huge size.

So in transit at London Heathrow right now in the BA Business Lounge and hopefully it will not be long before I am back home in Timmins.... Yeah!!

There are only 5 of this type of Rig in the World so this is going to look cool on my CV.... Oh Yes.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:16 AM

Great news Tom... Take lots of pics and keep in touch when you can... BE SAFE
Old 11-03-2005, 10:22 AM

Way to go Tom! Yes, please keep us posted. I think we kind of look at you as neext to Shania, our STNAOFC World traveller.

Steve
Old 11-03-2005, 11:51 AM

Hope this is the first step on the road to a happy ending in Timmins...
Old 11-03-2005, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower
Great news folks, I have found work and I am on my way to join one of the Worlds largest ultra deepwater semi submersible drilling rigs in Sicily to get it ready for a rig move to offshore Egypt.

So 2 weeks work as Rig Electrician and possibly a further 3 weeks during the rig move as Radio Operator as marine law states she has to carry a Radio Officer due to her huge size.

So in transit at London Heathrow right now in the BA Business Lounge and hopefully it will not be long before I am back home in Timmins.... Yeah!!

There are only 5 of this type of Rig in the World so this is going to look cool on my CV.... Oh Yes.

Yes, that is good news.

Glad to hear it.

Haven't seen any of those pictures tho, that others seem to be seeing in various places. Maybe something wrong with my pc.
Post New Thread Reply