Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Administrator

We arrived at the Days Inn around 2.40 PM...we'll go to the Centre for the first tour later tonight.. Today we just drove to Timmins from North Bay, stopping to have something to eat....tonight the first surprises await us...on the bus we watched DVDs that cbspock put together, the Chicago Concert DVD and the Video Collection...More photos from the first surprises and get together late tonight....

I forgot to mention that on our way into Timmins today we saw the new Shania Twain Centre billboards...the previous ones we have seen multiple times were unfortunately vandalized, and now the city has replaced them with new ones, with more recent photos..hopefully I'll get a photo of those by the end of the weekend...there is also an updated tourism leaflet about the Centre, I'll try to take a photo of that...

I am off to get some Don's pizza....

Last edited by FV : 08-10-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:32 PM

Watch www.channel3news.ca tonight. Our new reporter Erin Howe did a story on the convention. Enjoy!!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
PROUD SHANIA FAN!

Thanks for the story! Great fun!

Success is related to standing out, not fitting in!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Board Administrator

Great story!

I like that "Shania Enthusiast"

Nice interview Paige.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 PM

I note though that at least some of the footage is old, as I just saw myself walking about downtown Timmins. But since Canada wouldn't let me in this year, I'm sitting at home instead of enjoying the festivities.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:50 PM

Great interviews from Channel 3! I was so happy to hear Paige won the Shania suite!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen
I was so happy to hear Paige won the Shania suite!

When she first one that drawing, she just thought that the suite had been named in Shania's honor. She didn't know that Shania had actually slept in that very room the night before the dedication.

Needless to say, I could hear the screams here in NY City all the way from Ohio when I told her, and I wasn't on the phone with her.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.

Last edited by Alanb : 08-10-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Alright here's a summary of today's events...we all got to the Centre at 6 PM, we received our convention registration packet...this year they gave us a fantastic carry on/backpack with the convention name and this year's logo on it, it had our Fan Con tshirt in it..(will post pictures in a few minutes..)..then Tracy and Ren showed us photos from the first 3 conventions..thanking especially the people who made them possible, including the moderators' of the Shania TWain Centre messageboard...the fans who won prizes with their registration received their prizes..Earl won the last one..I think it is a basket of items from the STC, in a STC backpack..Then we all went for the presentation of the Maple Leaf reconstruction in the video room of the STC, the last room where they usually play the Shania bio video..they did a SUPERBE job with the reconstruction, it is truly amazing..they pout up the wooden boards from the Maple Leaf, the frames with the photos all around the room, they have the sitting bar counter in the back with mirrors, the big sign that used to be on the front of the Maple Leaf is now on one of the walls, including the original sign announcing future appearances (which has Shania's photos on there..)..they had one of the original Leaf's bouncers at the door, and the son of the owners officially opened the reconstruction...Sue Q and her husband (the ones who usually do the karaoke) then took the stage and sang a few songs..the STC put in a karaoke machine in there so people can sing Shania's songs when they visit that part of the exhibits..

The later had two groups doing the tour of the Centre...here are the new exhibits only, I am skipping the usual discussions about all the other thousands of exhibits they got in there..

At the very beginning, on the right, that glass cabinet with the fans' stuff now also has car plates from the fans..by the way there is a guy who rode his Harley Davidson, Shania version..with Shania's images on it and a Delaware Shania fan on it to the Centre!!

The next new exhibit still in that first hallway is on the left, they created a charity exhibits recognizing Shania's work with America's Second HArvest and Breakfast for Learning..they have the God Bless the Child outfit there, with photos from the video, a scrapbook of letters from kids thanking the program/Shania and an award from Breakfast for Learning for Shania for helping them...

The next new exhibit is in the next room, where all the video outfits are...they created the Any Man of Mine exhibit with the black dress...it is a small location at the end of the long glass cabinet on the front wall as you enter that section of the STC...across from there, almost right outside the sports exhibit there is now a new pedestal with the 2005 CMA dress on top of it..that golden dress, 1950s style by Marc Bower...it is really a nice gown..

TBC....

Last edited by FV : 08-10-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Board Administrator

Very cool!!!!! Another awesome job by Tracy and gang!

-Chris

Old 08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

OK, now I have a cup of coffee, I can keep going..LOL!.. Above the gowns section of the exhibits, before the Grammy display on that side, at the top they used to have two outfits, that sometimes people missed, because they are very high..now they have from left to right the IOH outfit, the Quitter outfit with the Shania maniquin sitting on top of a light green piano, and the MIFLAW outfit on a maniquin...

If you step back in front of the sports glass section, at the very end on the right looking at the cabinet, there is now a single, separate wooden cabinet with glass around that includes the 2005 People's Choice Award for Favorite Country Female Singer..?? Why am I not remembering this? LOL! I forgot to mention that as you enter the Centre, remember the high pedestal with an outfit right in front of you? Now it has the perfume videoshoot outfit on top with the video of the perfume commercial running below the outfit..

The music recording booths are now working, they have I believe the rights to 3 songs, fans can record themselves singing Shania songs and they play them back...the bio video room now has the Maple Leaf, but it still runs the video..

Among the new STC items I have seen (and bought) in the gift shop you can find the new cyclist like tshirt with the STC logo on the shoulder, two new large postcard of recent photos, one new key chain with the words SHania TWain Centre Come On Over and a dog tag too with the STC words, they also added a new tshirt for children with DAX' cartoon of Shania laying down, the same one that was used for part of the Fan Con tshirt last year....

Gimme 15 minutes to work on the photos...ask questions if I was not clear.....
Old 08-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Board Administrator

What does the watch look like?

-Chris

Old 08-10-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
The music recording booths are now working, they have I believe the rights to 3 songs, fans can record themselves singing Shania songs and they play them back...the bio video room now has the Maple Leaf, but it still runs the video..

There are 5 songs available, That Don't Impress Me, Honey I'm Home, If Your Not In It For Love, Man I Feel Like A Women, and Don't Be Stupid. Additionally, those booths also give you some vocal testing, making them educational something that Shania was very big on when she agreed to the idea of building the STC. She wanted people to learn something, she didn't just want a shrine to her.

Coffee now? You must not be planning on too much sleep tonight. But thanks for the updates!

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanb
She wanted people to learn something, she didn't just want a shrine to her.

I think we knew that already The fancons have done a great job of it too.

Too bad they didn't have Mutt record some vocals for the booths, telling the person how to sing, etc. Give the experience of what it is really like to record a song.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 08-10-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
What does the watch look like?

The watch is a typical men's watch, metal like, with a white background a small logo of the STC in the top part of the quadrant..I tried to take a picture of it, but you need a good zoom to be able to see the logo...I'll ask if someone with a camera with a good zoom can take a picture of it tomorrow....
Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Give the experience of what it is really like to record a song.

Well that's part of the experience that the sound booths try to give you, although not with Mutt's desire for perfection. But each person gets to do several vocal tests, from humming one simple tone, to holding a note for as long as they can, to a few other things that aspiring singers must endure.

Then, only after you complete those tasks, do you get to sing along with one of ST's songs.

Shania Twain Centre.
Post New Thread Reply