Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 09-30-2003, 12:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Pittsburgh Concert

Wow! Can words describe what we just experienced??? I Had the pleasure to meet Bill, Debbie, Theresa, Greg, Ryan, Amy and Betsy before and after the concert. What a wonderful group of people....of course I knew Betsy would be cuz I met her at the Convention in Timmins last month. We met before at a restaurant near the Ramada Inn for a light dinner before going over to the Mellon Arena. But before that I first met Betsy in the Lobby of the Marriott when i arrived and she was basically jumping up and down with excitement when I stepped off the shuttle bus. She came up to me with one of her million dollar smiles and "Richard !!!! I just saw the band in the busses.

Anyway Betsy walked over with me to the front desk where i was to check in and found myself in line between two of the band members.... Brett was in front of me and Cory was behind me. They were actually checking out of the hotel and heard them talking about the ride up to Buffalo tonight after the show. I looked over at Cory after I checked in and told him I was looking forward to the show tonight. He smiled and said I hope we live up to the expectations of the fans. Very humble. I gave him a "Thumbs Up" and said you guys always do. He seemed pleased with me comment and said "Thanks. I hope you'll enjoy it."

Betsy and I were like giggling school girls after that... What a fun start to this night.

Ok....I can't remember what the numbers were that James Otto sang, but they sounded pretty good. Typical country music flair. You could tell he has talent....it was just that deep down, I kept thinking "Lets get this over so that Shania can start." Otto did about 6 -7 numbers. Played Acustical guitar.

OK....the start was the same as described in Hamilton. Shadow of what looked like Shania in the Top hat for MIFLAW. Then She actually appeared at one end of the arena and walked through the crowd up to the stage.

Song set was as follows:

Man I feel like a Woman
UP !
Honey I'm Home
C'est La Vie
FAFA
I'm not in the Mood
SNJAPF
Don't be stupid
When you kiss me
Gone and Done it
Whose bed have your boots been under
From this moment
No One needs to know
Thank You Baby
The woman in me
That Don't impress me much
What a way to wanna be
Ain't no particular way
Come on over
In My Car
IGGG
IYNIIFL-I'm out of here

Finally (Encore)
Still the one
Any man of Mine
Rock this country

I don't think I missed any.....might have missed one.

Shania was very interactive with the crowd. During the first half of the concert she was giving alot of autographs out as she circled the stage. The second half of the concert, the security tightend things up to keep people away from the stage. She did alot of sweeping her hands out to let people touch her hands. (light slap, high 5's sort of thing) She made an extra effort to reach out to little girls in the crowd when they came forward.

The energy was increadible !!!! Couple of fun moments worth noting here:

1) A guy had a sign that said I kissed your right cheek in '98. How about the left ?!!! So she called him up, let him kiss her left cheek, then autographed his sign and shirt.

2) Took a young three year old girl into her arms onto center stage, (the little girl was wearing a cowboy hat). Shania asked her name, how old she was and if she could sing any of her songs...The girl said yes and when Shania asked which one she said "Itsy bitsy Spider". That got a laugh from Shania and the crowd and Shania asked her to sing it...and she sang the whole song...It was soooo cute.

3) 17 years old girl was brought up because she had a sign that said "It's my Birthday". Wished her happy b-day gave her a few autographs, had her sing a bit of IGGG before Shania sang her version. (kinda like Chicago with the little girls)

4) Brought up a winner of the kids cafe raffle for a picture and autograph.

5) Looks the the outfits were similar to Hamiltion except finally(encore) which was black sweatpants and a Pittsburgh Steelers T-shirt (cut short for belly button exposure)

6) Local drummers from local Pittsburgh area on stage for If youre not in it for love i'm out of here.
7) Other things described in Hamilton happened here. Band introducing each other one by while falling through the stage for the first costume change, JP Blair doing a drum routine, Shania apprearing in the audience to sing From this Moment after the first costume change, and came down into the audience to dance during In MY Car.

Some personal highlights for me:

1) Shania signed my Shania Twain hat while singing Im not in the mood.
2) Shania signed my Worldwide fan convention name tag while singing She not just a pretty face
3) Shania gave me a High-5 (yes folks I touched her) during C'est La Vie
4) My second High-5 from her during Gone and Done it.
5) While singing Thank You Baby she was facing me at the edge of the stage and I held up my "TIMMINS" bumper sticker and she smiled really big at me making eye contact with that smile for at least 5-7 seconds even though it seemed like forever (my heart melted when that one happened)
6) While singing Ain't no particular way, I did the heart shaped beating thing with my hands like the actor does in "Dance with the one who brought you". I could tell she got a kick out of it cuz it cracked her up, she giggled a little and gave me a wink.
7) My 6th row seat turned out to be a third row seat. I had row "F" but there was no rows "A,B,C" in section 16 on the floor. Woo Hoo !!!

The t-shirts are pretty much as reported in other threads. The cities listed on the back of the shirts are only those that have been announced so far. Guess there will be a new set of shirts made when other venues are announced. T-shirts was US$30. Several varietys. also a few womens-tank top types and a sweat shirt....forgot to look at the price of those.

I arranged with the Marriott hotel manager to let us use the conceirge lounge after the concert, so the group mentioned above met up there to let the traffic die doen before they had to head out....I order some refreshments but room service was too slow so everybody had to leave before they could be brought up.....but Bill had a group picture up in the concierge lounge and we had a good chance to visit there in relative peace and quiet from the hustle/bustle of the after-crowd. We did meet Randal from the band in the lobby before we went up to the lounge and were able to tell him how much we enjoyed the show. (He was picking up his jewlery from teh hotel safe). While in the lounge we saw from the 20th floor window the fleet of buses pulling out of the Mellon arena backlot for their trek up to Buffalo tonight.

Was a wonderful night of Shania...it surely exceeded my expectations. it was fun to meet all the fans and to see Betsy again. The fans at this concert were great too. Shania draws a great element of people. That makes it so much better. And Shania did a great job of reaching out to the fans during the concert.....hundreds of autographs while she was singing, countless high-5's/hand touches....it is so amazing that she could sing, sign and not miss a beat......what an amazing performer.....what talent !!!!!

For those of you to soon see Shania in concert, you are in for the time of your life !!!!!!

Best regards,
=Richard=

Last edited by resessions : 10-01-2003 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:56 AM
Who's On First?

Re: Pittsburgh Concert

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
.....and a Pittsburgh Steelers T-shirt (cut short for belly button exposure)

Wow thanks for that expansive review and commentary!!!!!!!!!!!! Any photos taken?
Old 09-30-2003, 12:57 AM
cross-stitching nut

Richard, that was fantastic.!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!!! I can't believe that you got all that stuff singed. I guess it was a very Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Betsy - way to go - seeing Mutt. I saw him in Chicago and now you have seen him, too. Was there anyone that you knew around you when you saw him or were you like me quietly trying to find someone to point him out to? You only get a second a poof he is gone!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 09-30-2003, 01:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Re: Re: Pittsburgh Concert

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
Wow thanks for that expansive review and commentary!!!!!!!!!!!! Any photos taken?

Lots of People had cameras....lots of people were taking pictures. I know that Bill took quite a few. I didn't bring a camera and even if I did, I didn't have time for taking pictures.....I was busy with Shania LOL.

I'll never wash my left hand again...well I guess I will but...Dang !!!!! I touched Shania tonight !!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!! Stay tuned, I'm sure pictures will show up.

=Richard=
Old 09-30-2003, 01:09 AM

Thanks for the great review, and happy for you for all that autographs!
Old 09-30-2003, 01:38 AM
tower

Hey Richard, you are the Best and Shania knew that when she signed your 2003 Timmins fan convention pass, so cool and the smile and the wink and high fives and meeting some of the Band and Mutt and woooo..

Can't wait for my turn... See you at Fan Con 2004 if not before!

Tom at home for now.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:03 AM
Board Administrator

WOW!!!!

Richard you had front row???

Great review!!!!!! Shania is going to be seeing lots of the Timmins Fan Con shirts on this tour. Hope I can get her autograph at the LI show. Awesome that you got to meet some of the band. Betsy had a "UFO sighting" like Debbie did in Chicago .

I am so dying to go to the show next week in NJ.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 09-30-2003 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Board Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Pittsburgh Concert

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Lots of People had cameras....lots of people were taking pictures. I know that Bill took quite a few. I didn't bring a camera and even if I did, I didn't have time for taking pictures.....I was busy with Shania LOL.

I'll never wash my left hand again...well I guess I will but...Dang !!!!! I touched Shania tonight !!!!! Woo Hoo !!!!! Stay tuned, I'm sure pictures will show up.

=Richard=

LOL

So what was it like being that close??? It surprised me in Chicago just how tiny she is.

-chris

Old 09-30-2003, 06:57 AM
This is Ren from the STC!

She signed your convention name tag? Next time give her mine and I'll buy it back from you!!!

Ren
Old 09-30-2003, 09:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
OMG Richard you are *so* lucky!!!! Reading all these reviews makes me *that* much more anxious to see Shania! AHHH!!! ONLY 17 MORE DAYS! *faints* You know, I am *this* close and I mean THIS close to say "The heck will classes on Friday!!! I could leave early, get to DC early, and have a chance to spot the band!" Oohhhh Evil Shania is at it again with me! LOL

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 09-30-2003, 09:17 AM

Don't have time to post much now-gotta get to work. Richard very well reviewed the concert. Meeting Richard and Besty was very high on my personal highlights at the concert-add to that I got to High 5 Shania, got to have here sigh the sheet music from "Forever and Always" which I think she appreciated nearly as much as I did, and as I was in the second row (though it was Row E) and no one set in front of me I got some really awesome eyecontact and interaction with Shania and the Band. Probably my greatest highlight was that Deb (my wife) I think finally got Shania (or should I say Shania got her!)-Deb was in charge of getting pics when Shania came right up in front of us and at one point Shania was standing right in front of us and making eye contact and smiling at Deb and I and when I looked over to see if Deb was taking her pic-there sat Deb with a numb look on her face just staring at Shania! LOL Deb had a ball and I think definately realized what a talent Shania was if she hadn't before. Shania is devastatingly beautiful up close, is a master entertainer, and really care that we love her back-that was so plain in her beautiful eyes. I got lots of pics I'll post later. DEFINATELY TAKE A CAMERA! THE BAND AND SHANIA LOVED US TAKING PICS AND SMILED AND INTERACTIVELY POSED FOR THEM. The male member were interacting a bit TOO much with my wife-but that's another story! LOL Later DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 09-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Board Administrator

Doc, send me and FV the pics so we can post them!!

-Chris

Old 09-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Board Administrator

Shania is incredible upclose.

So....was this better than Chicago, Hyde Park, or on the same level???

-Chris

Old 09-30-2003, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Doc...LOL@your wife!!! :LMAO She has finally come over to the "light side" and has given in to Shania's powers! I hope you get to post those pics here!!!!! Ahhhhh I'm wondering whether or not to take my digital camera or just not risk it and take a disposable one.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 09-30-2003, 10:51 AM

I'd take both Warrior! Get lots of pics. I send the pics when I put them together. I have some(3) disposable cameras should be done later today. This was the best concert of any kind I've ever been to. DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Post New Thread Reply