Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-04-2004, 04:49 PM

Wake Up, Nashville! Shania's Coming

From the Nashville Tennessean:

Wake up, Nashville; Shania and ABC do morning show downtown

By BRAD SCHMITT
Staff Writer

If you're going to come on over to see Shania Twain tomorrow morning, don't be stupid get there early.

Shania Twain will perform four songs as part of a live (sort of) ABC Good Morning America show outside at Fifth and Broadway, and you're invited. But you won't be alone.

Show producers, Twain's record label executives and marketers for local ABC affiliate WKRN-Channel 2 all say they're expecting a crowd numbering in the thousands. There were reports early in the week that many Twain fans planned to camp out overnight to make sure they get close to the stage.

''The feeling is there's gonna be a ton of people,'' says WKRN marketing director Mike Tarrolly.

Twain will sit down for an interview with Good Morning America co-host Diane Sawyer around 7 a.m. and she'll start singing around 7:20 a.m. But here's the tricky part: Channel 2 delays its broadcast of GMA by an hour. So when Twain sings at 7:20 a.m., it won't air on Channel 2 until 8:20 a.m. Also, people at home will see Twain sing only three songs including Party for Two, her current duet with Billy Currington as the fourth will be taped for airing on Good Morning America's weekend show Saturday morning.

So what three other songs will Twain sing? Twain's handlers won't say, but a publicist promises big hits.

Those who go will see GMA personalities Sawyers and Robin Roberts, a former WSMV-Channel 4 sports reporter. Co-host Charlie Gibson and weatherman Tony Perkins are expected to remain in New York. The GMA stage will be outside Rippy's barbecue restaurant on the southeast corner of Fifth and Broadway.

The crew from News 2 This Morning Neil and Heather Orne, meteorologist Kevin Skarupa and Joe Dubin will broadcast live from 4:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. at a stage outside Legend's honky-tonk on the northeast corner of Fifth and Broadway. Because of the hour delay, GMA and News 2 This Morning actually both broadcast live from 6 to 7 a.m.

Twain will perform in the round on a stage just outside Robert's Western World, between Fourth and Fifth avenues.

Downtown commuters will face extra traffic and closed roads tonight and tomorrow during morning rush hour: Broadway is closed between Fourth and Fifth all day today through late tomorrow morning and the Broadway closing will expand to between Fourth and Seventh avenues following today's afternoon rush hour.

Fifth Avenue will be down to one lane today between Demonbreun and Commerce and those two blocks will be shut down altogether following this afternoon's rush hour.

Those who want to watch the show unfold will have to enter the area at Fourth and Broad or Sixth and Broad. Those will be the only places to get in.

Getting there

Shania Twain will perform live in the round Friday morning on a stage just outside Robert's Western World, between Fourth and Fifth avenues. Access to the area will be via Fourth and Broad or Sixth and Broad only.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Re: Wake Up, Nashville! Shania's Coming

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24

If you're going to come on over to see Shania Twain tomorrow morning, don't be stupid get there early.

Thanks for posting the article Tides. Even though I've been guilty of quoting Shania songs on here, I find it quite funny, when writers try to incorporate Shania song titles into paragraphs.

But I just want to clarifty, is this tommorrow's edition of Good Morning America, Shania is going to be on? I don't want to miss it.

~Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Board Administrator

Shania fans camping out...lol sounds familiar...are we nuts or what!!!! What other Nashville artist would we do that for...no one.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-04-2004, 06:05 PM

Re: Re: Wake Up, Nashville! Shania's Coming

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaniafan2000
Thanks for posting the article Tides. Even though I've been guilty of quoting Shania songs on here, I find it quite funny, when writers try to incorporate Shania song titles into paragraphs.

But I just want to clarifty, is this tommorrow's edition of Good Morning America, Shania is going to be on? I don't want to miss it.

~Steven

Yep. Looks like an interview and 3 songs on Friday's GMA and the one taped song on Saturday's show.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:10 PM

Good Morning Shania
-- Shania Twain will perform from Nashville on Friday's (11/5) edition of ABC's Good Morning America. Look for Twain to perform four songs, including "Party For Two" with Billy Currington.

The stop is the kickoff for GMA's "Women who Rock" concert series. There are plans to shut down Lower Broadway for the performance, which will be highlighted by irate Music City motorists giving viewers the finger.

--CountryNation.com

Old 11-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Banned

Re: Wake Up, Nashville! Shania's Coming

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
People at home will see Twain sing only three songs including Party for Two, her current duet with Billy Currington as the fourth will be taped for airing on Good Morning America's weekend show Saturday morning.

Many ABC affiliates do not air "GMA Weekend" on Saturday morning in favor of local news or programming.

- Tommy
Old 11-04-2004, 06:32 PM

WOW cOOL and she willbe performing in the round!!! Now everyone who didn't see Shania LIVE on her tour will be able to see h er in action!! WOOOOOOOOOO.......Nashville take notice!

I just hope the president don't give another one of his speeches....he did yesterday and ABC did not show Good Morning America, they showed the speech instead.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Board Administrator

ABC here in NY shows GMA on Saturday...WHOOO!!!

-Chris

Old 11-04-2004, 08:07 PM

I didn't see GMA Saturday listed in our area either for Saturday morning! I also hope that GMA on Friday doesn't get interupted!!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Board Administrator

Maybe it is on Sunday???

-Chris

Old 11-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Maybe it is on Sunday???

-Chris

As I said, many ABC affiliates opt not to air "GMA Weekend."

- Tommy
Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 PM

ABC airs the weekend show here!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Board Administrator

We have GMA here on Sunday as well.

-Chris

Old 11-04-2004, 11:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
I believe that WLOS-13, the closest local ABC Affiliate based out of Asheville, NC does not air GMA Saturday in favor of a local morning newscast! Oh well, 3 out of 4 songs ain't bad....

~Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by GetchaGood
ABC airs the weekend show here!

I am hoping my hotel in Nashville will have it too..I got stuck overnight in NYC due to rain delay.. so I am not gonna be able to make it on time for Shania...I should have known about the rain since Shania is in the area..LOL!
Crossing my fingers tht at least I get to see the taped song on Friday!!!!

Get vidcaps!!!