Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Board Administrator

Oh...I forgot the biggest mistake on the Today show!!!

When they introduced Shania for her second segment, they started to play "This Kiss" GRRRRR!!! Then Kaite was like "oops"

I bet Shania really appreciated that mistake...

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 08-01-2003, 06:49 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee
sorry i must be slow or something, but what puppet are you guys talking about?

Aimee,
When we were in Chicago a fellow fan named Paul, who is from Switzerland, brought these little t-shirts to our dinner on Saturday night. These t-shirts were made to fit a small stuffed bear and have a picture printed on them from the FAFA video. Well, several of us bought one of them (they didn't come with the bear) and decided to wear them on our hands like a puppet during the Chicago concert. We were very close to the front center stage and Shania noticed them as we waved them at her and smiled back at us in recognition. So now they the little t-shirt is just called the puppet. I hope that this helps answer "what puppet?". If fact if you look at some of Erich's pictures from the Chicago concert you can see some of them being held up in the air.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 08-01-2003, 06:58 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Oh...I forgot the biggest mistake on the Today show!!!

When they introduced Shania for her second segment, they started to play "This Kiss" GRRRRR!!! Then Kaite was like "oops"

I bet Shania really appreciated that mistake...

-Chris

lol that was a mistake? I thought they did it purposely because it went with the 6-foot Hershey's kiss they were just talking about heh.
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Men are like shoes...

Way to go Warrior!!!! Good job for sticking up for Shania!!! And thanks Chris for giving us a great report!! I can't believe that those photographers were saying things like that! First it's the press that picks on Shania, then it's the photographers! What has this world come to???!!!! I can't believe they would do that behind her back. It makes me sad and mad.

I think Shania was a little quiet today. I bet it was those techies ticking her off! First it's Katie Couric saying that UP! sold 9 million copies then it's Harry saying Eja's birthday is Aug. 21st. But yet Shania didn't correct them, she is such a professional!!

I swear I got a smile on my face when you wrote about Shania and her makeup, "If it rains, it all goes to hell anyway!" I love her!! Well, I wish you would have had a better trip Chris, I wish they would just have things for die hard Shania fans like us and not contest winners who don't even own any of her CD's! But hey, that's what it's all about anyway! CBS needs an audience for their concert, so they go get people that don't even know Shania's songs. I hate that, Shania has nobody to sing along with her except a couple people. Nobody gets the groove on like us Shania fans, and that is the way it should be.

Oh, by the way, I think Shania's makeup artist is named Susan not Stacey.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!

Last edited by tankandmaddie : 08-01-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:14 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Aimee,
When we were in Chicago a fellow fan named Paul, who is from Switzerland, brought these little t-shirts to our dinner on Saturday night. These t-shirts were made to fit a small stuffed bear and have a picture printed on them from the FAFA video. Well, several of us bought one of them (they didn't come with the bear) and decided to wear them on our hands like a puppet during the Chicago concert. We were very close to the front center stage and Shania noticed them as we waved them at her and smiled back at us in recognition. So now they the little t-shirt is just called the puppet. I hope that this helps answer "what puppet?". If fact if you look at some of Erich's pictures from the Chicago concert you can see some of them being held up in the air.

LOL!!!! that is so funny!! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, i really appreciate it. That's so nice that Shania recognized them too, i bet they made everyone with them feel special. thanks again!
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
didn't correct them, she is such a professional!!

I swear I got a smile on my face when you wrote about Shania and her makeup, "If it rains, it all goes to hell anyway!" I love her!! Well, I wish you would have had a better trip Chris, I wish they would just have things for die hard Shania fans like us and not contest winners who don't even own any of her CD's! But hey, that's what it's all about anyway! CBS needs an audience for their concert, so they go get people that don't even know Shania's songs. I hate that, Shania has nobody to sing along with her except a couple people. Nobody gets the groove on like us Shania fans, and that is the way it should be.

Oh, by the way, I think Shania's makeup artist is named Susan not Stacey.

Thanks!! I was not sure of her name. I would say energy wise, the CBS audience was better. I think there were more fans in the crowd. The Photographers really ticked me off, there was no need for the vulgar language, and treating Shania like she was a piece of meat.

I have to say Shania is a true professional with all the **** she has to put up with. I think it is pretty sad that these shows don't do better research. Guess they never heard of the internet before.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 08-01-2003 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Men are like shoes...

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I have to say Shania is a true professional with all the **** she has to put up with. I think it is pretty sad that these shows don't do better research. Guess they never heard of the internet before.

-Chris

Well, lets see, Shania is only a worldwide figure who's story is known all over North America and Europe. But yet, they manage not to get anything right! Leave it to the reporters!
I found a cute picture of Shania today at the CBS taping on Global Photos. It looks like she is stifling a burp! Not to mention the photographers get a picture of her drinking her water. How ironic is that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg early show13.jpg (3.4 KB, 156 views)

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Board Administrator

I just watched my tape, and the show sounded better on TV.

-Chris

Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
Awesome.. Report Chris... i liked it

Congrats Warrior on "Getting The Puppet and Your Self Recoginized From Shania And Congrats on Getting the Puppet Signed!

Im So Proud You Stood Up! For Shania!.... if she knew she would be so proud!

Oh Did You Get Excited When She Recognized The Puppet and u and when she signed it!

Shunyeuh
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!

Last edited by Shunyeuh : 08-01-2003 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Well, lets see, Shania is only a worldwide figure who's story is known all over North America and Europe. But yet, they manage not to get anything right! Leave it to the reporters!
I found a cute picture of Shania today at the CBS taping on Global Photos. It looks like she is stifling a burp! Not to mention the photographers get a picture of her drinking her water. How ironic is that!

Shania was getting to the end of her patients in that picture. It was hot and muggy, and now she had to wait for them to reset stuff, because they announced the wrong song.

-Chris

Old 08-01-2003, 07:59 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee
lol that was a mistake? I thought they did it purposely because it went with the 6-foot Hershey's kiss they were just talking about heh.

I also thought that played Faith's "This Kiss" because of the 6-foot Hershey's Kiss segment.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 08-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
I also thought that played Faith's "This Kiss" because of the 6-foot Hershey's Kiss segment.

Well, it was a mistake. She said something about the research department messing up.

-Chris

Old 08-01-2003, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Quote:
Originally posted by FV
You are officially my idol Warrior! Tonight I am going to have to wear my Shania hand puppet too..LOL!

LMAO! OMG NY WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!! I got acknowledged by Shania not once, not twice, not even three times but a whopping SIX FREAKEN TIMES!!!!!!!! *faints* LOL

I got to NY at 12:25 a.m. and was at the Today Show line by 12:45 a.m. Might I add that during those 20 minutes I was almost hit by a car and I was on the edge of the stupid sidewalk so I know there was no looking involved! haha My sister and I were #12 & #13 in line. We met some very interesting Shania fans who within 10 minutes were convinced I was the biggest Shania fan EVER. It was great! We didn't get let in until 7:00 a.m. so as soon as we were let in, I went speeding down the stairs...that is, until I was warned to slow down. I went right up to the guard rail and saw Andy so I yelled "AAAANNNDDDDYYYYYYYY!!!!" and held up my sign that said "G'day Andy! Can I have a picture?" He said that he couldn't come down to where I was because the stupid VIP gate was up (BTW I would just like to say that whoever created the VIP section should be flat out tortured) so he talked to me instead. He asked me where I was from and I yelled "VIRGINIA!!" and he said "Wow!" but then I saw Shania so all thoughts of Andy flew out of my brain and I screamed "SHANNIIIIAAA!!!!" and held up my other sign that said "Shania fan since age 10 now I'm 19" She looked at it then mouthed "wow" and had an impressed grin on her face. I had an EXCELLENT view while the VIP guys weren't there.

Now here's the best part---during Nah! rehearsal, I held up the Shania puppet when I saw her look towards my way and then pointed to my Timmins hat. I held up my puppet again and she stopped in the middle of singing, pointed at me and yelled, not mouthed, but actually yelled "YOU WERE AT CHICAGO!!!!" then went back to singing. Talk about being hyper!!! LMAO!!!! I was ecstatic! Then when she sang FAFA I help up the puppet again and pointed to the picture. Shania saw me do this so she waved at me and gave me a thumbs up. When everyone got really quiet during the rehearsal, I decided to yell "CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TOUR!!!" Shania LOVED this comment...she looked at me and smiled again.

At the CBS show I was first really mad because all the VIP people blocked my view even though I was in the "front" for the fans, but then I sweet talked to security guy into letting me go into the VIP section so it turned out pretty good. Before that though I talked to J.D. and told him that he was awesome at the drums, especially with his thing at Chicago and he said "Thank you. You are very kind." Andy saw me again and he boasted about having a sign for him and pointed me out to B.B. so he smiled at me and gave me a head tilt. When Shania came out onstage, she saw the puppet again so waved and smiled. Later on I held up the Canada sash my mom got from Canadian Bingo (lol) so she waved at me again.

The photographers were RUDE as anything at the CBS thing and when the photographer made a certain comment about Shania, I wasn't standing for that so I did turn around and yell "DUDE HAVE SOME RESPECT!" After I did that the other photographers clapped and my security guy friend said if that guy said one more thing he was outta there!! I was definitely in "warrior mode." LOL But Shania was VERY aggrivated with the sound crew, especially at the Today Show and I don't blame her one bit. They were not listening to her directions and were not paying attention to her signals. I saw some infamous death stares. LOL She even pulled one guy aside after they forgot to turn her mic on for TDIMM and I guess told him to get with the program. By CBS she was ready to go and it was easy to tell...She even said "One more to go." in a "thank god this is almost over" tone, which I don't blame her for one bit. If I had to put up with all the stuff she did today, I would've lost my temper with people. Just proves that Shania is a VERY good professional and person. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TOUR!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"

Last edited by shaniawarrior : 08-01-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Cliff note version of my above post:

Waited a long time in line, got rained on, was acknowledged by Shania 6 times, got the puppet signed, defended Shania, and just flat out had a blast!! LOL

Some extra's I forgot:

Debbie, I now feel your pain. Because I was on my tip-toes all day looking over the oh-so-tall-and-annoying VIPs, I now have blisters on all my toes. Not fun, but it's worth it.

How I got my puppet signed since I was not in the VIP section you asked? I simply passed it to a VIP and asked him to make his way up to the front when Shania was coming along during the Today Show. He was kinda just politely walking towards the front so I yelled "BE AGGRESSIVE!!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO BE AGGRESSIVE!!! GO GO GO!!!" LOL So he did and actually gave it back to me. I'll get a pic of it on here ASAP, as soon as I figure out how to transfer pics from digital to here.

Speaking of pictures, I got a total of 77 pics on the digital (my 1st time using it...what better way to practice than on Shania) so I have to tinker with it and figure out how to transfer it to the computer so I'll post pics ASAP.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 PM

I remembered something else!! Bare with me as my memory molecules (lol Bob) are being picky on when they want to surface about today (hey, after going almost 48 hours straight with NO SLEEP whatsoever, I'm surprised I've remembered all I have haha).

Allison was in a HUGE daze during the Today Show. I swear it was so funny to watch her. Even when Shania was talking to everyone Allison was just like "la la la la la la la" just staring off into her own little world. LOL I did notice that when she did seem to pay attention, it was like her and Roddy sectioned themselves off from the rest of the band....like they were in 2 separate corners. Are they dating?? Even at the CBS show I really only saw Allison talk to Roddy and of course Shania. Just thought that was something interesting that I noticed while Shania was talking to the sound crew. My sister even noticed Allison's behavior and thought it was funny.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Post New Thread Reply