Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-13-2004, 10:00 AM

Randall Waller Tells it Like It Is

Q&A from Randall's board:
Hi Randall,
Just curious how you thought the PFT performance was at the CMA's ? A lot of comments have been how deadbeat the crowd was and how there was little applause. What was your take from up on stage? We thought you all did a great job!! BTW we noticed your hair looked different, new style? (Hey, good lookin')
Bye for now.
Nancy &
Sandra Diane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that you should notice - I haven't actually watched the show yet - although I did tape it.... the idea of watching myself (even if I am only in the background) is not something I particularly enjoy....

It's very hard in that environment to guage the crowd because there is so much going on the moment you are finished, that the crowd is the last thing on your mind.

Also, since you only do one song, and the rest of the time you are backstage watching the show on TV's - or not watching at all.... when you DO get onto the stage and hear the crowd, you have nothing to compare it to anyway...

Nashville has always had a ...... hmmmmm..... colorful relationship with ST.... sometimes up, sometimes negative.

Having lived here for quite a few years now - it seems to me that Shania represents a real threat to some here.

There are some (and only some) who feel that if you are going to have a successful career in country, then you are going to NEED Nashville. You need to use their song writers, producers, engineers, studios, musicians, managers, business managers - because, "if we do anything well, it's COUNTRY!" So along come Shania and Mutt and pretty much break all the unwritten rules and not only succeed, but blow the doors off more than anyone in this town ever thought possible!! So, you start to get a feel for how some people feel about her here.

Playing in the band has also been a 2 edged sword.
Occasionally, when telling someone who I played with, it would elicit an instant look up and down - a squint - "oh yeah, I've seen you...... how was that....?" referring to the whole experience of playing in this band. Total suspicion. A lot of people in Nashville think we mimed the whole show. Pretty hilarious.

Thanks for noticing the hair do - many have called it a hair don't.

Its long, messy, nappy, has bugs in it..... all that.......

Thanks girls - stay tuned for my record okay......??

X.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Board Administrator

So it is what we suspected all along. I guess the "up" part of the relationship is when she is home...lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-13-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:28 AM

Interesting, makes me hate Nashvilles way even more!
Old 11-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Board Administrator

When the STC was down there for the Fanfair thing, they got the same impression. The industry hates Shania, the people love her.

-Chris

Old 11-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Board Administrator

There are some (and only some) who feel that if you are going to have a successful career in country, then you are going to NEED Nashville. You need to use their song writers, producers, engineers, studios, musicians, managers, business managers - because, "if we do anything well, it's COUNTRY!" So along come Shania and Mutt and pretty much break all the unwritten rules and not only succeed, but blow the doors off more than anyone in this town ever thought possible!! So, you start to get a feel for how some people feel about her here.

This explains why Faith, Martina, and Gretchen and the rest of the "Shania Clones" can copy Shania without getting attacked. It also kills any creativity, self initiative, or control over your own career.

-Chris

Old 11-13-2004, 05:12 PM

You are so right, Chris!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:07 PM

The funny part about all this is if you expect to get anywhere in the music buisness you have to be a bit of rebel and step on Nashvilles toes if you want to really make an impact on Country Music...Shania and Mutt saw that and did it their way...I am glad they did...Music row is very boring and trite...

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 11-13-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:44 PM

Awesome,, Randall telling it how it is,,

haha
I was waiting for the joke a the end,, always hilarious

And very true Chris!!

cheers
steve

All My concert pics http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?p=608468#post608468

Captainsteve19
Old 11-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Board Administrator

Shania must be doing something right. She is still hated.

-Chris

Old 11-14-2004, 05:42 PM

I think all of us who have been shania fans over the last many years and have watched the injustices that Shania has had to indure over those years knew everything Randall pointed out-just nice to hear it come from the inside anyway-isn't it? DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 11-15-2004, 01:12 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
I think all of us who have been shania fans over the last many years and have watched the injustices that Shania has had to indure over those years knew everything Randall pointed out-just nice to hear it come from the inside anyway-isn't it? DOC

Hi DOC! You are speaking my mind.

Steve
Old 11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL

Yes it is! It means all our theories are correct. It also shows the loyalty she has built with her team as well. They know Shania better than any of us ever will. It is sad that Music Row is even dumping on her band. Those 9 people can out play any person in Nashville. They can play country, pop, and rock....sometimes all at the same time depending on what Shania song they are playing. They are also one of the most diverse bands out there.

Funny how Music Row does not embrace talent.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 11-15-2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Yes it is! It means all our theories are correct. It also shows the loyalty she has built with her team as well. They know Shania better than any of us ever will. It is sad that Music Row is even dumping on her band. Those 9 people can out play any person in Nashville. They can play country, pop, and rock....sometimes all at the same time depending on what Shania song they are playing. They are also one of the most diverse bands out there.

Funny how Music Row does not embrace talent.

-Chris

Chris

Shania always seems to inspire loyalty in her band and Emerson Drive....They pretty much stuck with her till the end except for BB...Sorry to see him leave early...But we know he must have had his reasons and priorities...

As for music row Chris we all know that they don't respect talent even when they see it in front of their faces and on stage...I am always suprised at how badly they treat their artists and especially Shania Twain... Talent should always be encouraged and nutured not trampled upon...

Benjamin
Old 11-15-2004, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Shania always seems to inspire loyalty in her band and Emerson Drive....They pretty much stuck with her till the end except for BB...Sorry to see him leave early...But we know he must have had his reasons and priorities...

Leahy exhibited some of that same loyalty Benjamin, opening for Shania for all of the COO regular tour. Then after the mini-tour was added at the end of 99, the label wanted one of their stars to front.

However, Leahy flew down to West Palm Beach for the very last concert of the mini-tour. It provided one of the more memorable moments in that final concert and brought a few tears to Shania's eyes when she found out that they were there. One of my fonder memories from a Shania concert.

It should also be noted that Shania has exhibited that same loyalty back to these two groups.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Board Administrator

and if someone betrays her they wind up like that poor Star Destroyer commander in the Empire Strikes Back....lol

-Chris

Post New Thread Reply